The John Ruiz family is ready to support Miami’s athletic department ‘substantially’ in the future per 247

He posts here?! Ok….

Mr Ruiz, you are a hero, and the entire fanbase is incredibly appreciative. Thank you. And if there’s any way we can help.. need a body disposed of maybe? CIS is here for you.
Yeah I don’t even care if his company might be the next Enron

Advertisement
You don't live in South Florida, I suspect? This is THE land of hype over substance.

What level do you want to address? From Education (at all levels) to Tech (South Florida is the home of Magic Leap!) to business (health care and real estate) to our drowning football program (Manny). This is "fake it and talk **** till you make it" land.

I definitely hope the deal goes through, though.
Born and raised in Miami, went to UM and then lived there for 10 years after college so...

Seems like a very calculated and planned strategy by these “new guys”. Don’t believe for a second that they drop these articles/interviews back to back without an agenda

Also people that say Ruiz doesn’t have the money yet should understand the process of these deals. And even it could fall through at all times, I’m sure he secured deals/funds already. Otherwise he wouldn’t even talk about the money
truth preach GIF

Advertisement
Born and raised in Miami, went to UM and then lived there for 10 years after college so...
Well, let's hope the deal goes through. I've just seen a ton of hype over all sorts of things that end up as something else. It's the culture.

Advertisement
Most of the current BOT have given millions over the years and this guy has given next to nothing. A lot of them think he is full of hot air and won’t come across. They want a big check right now and a pledge of future donations before they listen to hi
According to reports, he doesn't have the funds yet.
There are "funds" and then there are "major funds". He does quite well financially, just bought a $25 million dollar home in Gables Estates, believe he has a yacht that cost more than the house. His "big" money is pending from taking his MSP Recovery company public. He owns 70% of the stock and based on an IPO with initial pricing based on a PE Ratio of 10.5 times earnings, his stock is projected to have a value in excess of $20 Billion dollars if and when the IPO takes place. "Supposed" to happen in the 4th quarter of 2021 .. but anything dealing with government agency approvals can be delayed at any time. Good thing .. he is already worth millions and is a passionate UM fan. Fingers crossed his IPO goes as planned and UM has a big time $$ supporter.

There are "funds" and then there are "major funds". He does quite well financially, just bought a $25 million dollar home in Gables Estates, believe he has a yacht that cost more than the house. His "big" money is pending from taking his MSP Recovery company public. He owns 70% of the stock and based on an IPO with initial pricing based on a PE Ratio of 10.5 times earnings, his stock is projected to have a value in excess of $20 Billion dollars if and when the IPO takes place. "Supposed" to happen in the 4th quarter of 2021 .. but anything dealing with government agency approvals can be delayed at any time. Good thing .. he is already worth millions and is a passionate UM fan. Fingers crossed his IPO goes as planned and UM has a big time $$ supporter.
Excellent context. Again, he is wealthy now, but hasn't achieved the level of whale wealth that will support his future commitment of UM athletics.

That about right?

Excellent context. Again, he is wealthy now, but hasn't achieved the level of whale wealth that will support his future commitment of UM athletics.

That about right?
That's right .. he is kind of in the situation of many diehard, passionate Canes fans. You know .. the guys who say "man if I win that $575 million dollar power ball .. I'll donate $50 million for the IPF". Well .. he is in that kind of position .. and then some with the pending IPO. He could literally throw $100 million to the program and it wouldn't even show up on his daily market value sheet!

Advertisement
Most of the current BOT have given millions over the years and this guy has given next to nothing. A lot of them think he is full of hot air and won’t come across. They want a big check right now and a pledge of future donations before they listen to him.
Glad to hear Ruiz talking about rebuilding the U. But your are correct. Bc Money Talks and Bullshyt Walks. Hopefully it’s Money

Someone wants to be the T. Boone of this program and I am here for it. Hopefully Ruiz is serious, because that would be the answer to all of our prayers. We would finally have the funding, we wouldn't have to rob Peter to pay Paul, and it's one guy so there aren't going to be the nonsense that happens at Texas...

Advertisement
This...******* all this Fortune 500, Thurston Howell The Third talk, we have the money now to take care of the nuts & bolts first. Okie St. had a billionaire benefactor and they still haven't sniffed a Nattie or a CFP appearance.
Never say no to funding, especially when you have been behind the 8 ball for decades. As long as Ruiz isn't a wannabe like Nevin then let him fund the program.

Last edited:
Ruiz was quoted in Forbes as saying: “The government ends up paying bills that it should not pay for because there is no system to identify who should be the proper payer. That’s what we've revolutionized in America.”

According to Forbes, MSP is operating under the assumption that 11%—or around $177 billion—of the $1.6 trillion spent on Medicare and Medicaid each year is actually related to accidents, fraud and misconduct, which means that somebody else should have paid the bill.
dude appears to believe that the government cares about wasting money. pretty crazy assumption imo

Advertisement
Back