The John Ruiz family is ready to support Miami’s athletic department ‘substantially’ in the future per 247

Advertisement
We’ve now seen Ruiz and Lambert make strong statements. As I described in my post, there are people who want to help save the school and have the means.

Now it’s up to the school to think big and act decisively.
Ruiz and lambert put their nuts on the table the last two days. Now every fan knows there are no excuses why this program can’t be good from a financial standpoint.

If Miami does not make big time moves fan protests are going to happen when it comes to spending any type of money on this program. Ticket and merchandise sales would be the lowest they have ever been imo.

changing season 9 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Cut the check then. Stop with all the talk.
Did you not read the Barry Jackson article? They tried to and blake turned down highsmith and had no answer for ways to improve the football program. Big money is ready to be spent if it will improve the athletic department, especially the football team.

Advertisement
Yes which to me is a little worrisome he’s already speaking about it. Maybe he has a pretty good idea it’s gonna go through but I’d be nervous as ****.
As you should be. While his company provides an invaluable cost recovery mechanism to the Federal/State government(s), his product has no meaningful moat for others to enter that market.

In fact, the government(s) could easily stand up a function to replicate what he does (AND then not have to pay finder's cost), but funny thing about bureacrats not wanting to **** off voting beneficiaries...

Last edited:
Advertisement
it’s up to the school to think big
I've seen this floated around for the last few days (weeks?) from different people especially after the story about Blake and Lambert.

Out of curiosity, what would meet the criteria for "thinking big"? What else - reasonably speaking for instance ce on campus stadium is a no go - would be needed for the program besides personnel (the right personnel) that would meet this threshold of thinking big and appeasing this rabid fan base?

I dont have an answer but am curious to see what many of you here have in mind.

Cutting a check to see it spent on a couple of analysts and locker room upgrades? No thanks. Let's see some action from admin how serious they are about changes first.
Agreed. Which is why it honestly makes sense that the decision makers are taking their time on the AD decision. That hire will have ramifications for years and maybe decades around here depending on whether they get it right or not. Putting multi 10s of millions of dollars on the line to just some guy is not the way that Lambert, Ruiz and the other whales fund this turnaround.

Last edited:
Would highly doubt he’d be running his mouth if the deal wasn’t done in principle considering confidentiality, etc
You don't live in South Florida, I suspect? This is THE land of hype over substance.

What level do you want to address? From Education (at all levels) to Tech (South Florida is the home of Magic Leap!) to business (health care and real estate) to our drowning football program (Manny). This is "fake it and talk **** till you make it" land.

I definitely hope the deal goes through, though.

We’ve now seen Ruiz and Lambert make strong statements. As I described in my post, there are people who want to help save the school and have the means.

Now it’s up to the school to think big and act decisively.
Seems like a very calculated and planned strategy by these “new guys”. Don’t believe for a second that they drop these articles/interviews back to back without an agenda

Also people that say Ruiz doesn’t have the money yet should understand the process of these deals. And even it could fall through at all times, I’m sure he secured deals/funds already. Otherwise he wouldn’t even talk about the money

Advertisement
You don't live in South Florida, I suspect? This is THE land of hype over substance.

What level do you want to address? From Education (at all levels) to Tech (South Florida is the home of Magic Leap!) to business (health care and real estate) to our drowning football program (Manny). This is "fake it and talk **** till you make it" land.

I definitely hope the deal goes through, though.

Most of the current BOT have given millions over the years and this guy has given next to nothing. A lot of them think he is full of hot air and won’t come across. They want a big check right now and a pledge of future donations before they listen to him.

As it should be. He needs to pay the price of admission. There isnt a problem in the world money cant solve except virus' and racism. He knows this, thus he makes sure to hammer home the key words "my family". He literally plans to buy his family's legacy and that takes a HUGE commitment. This will be interesting to say the least

Advertisement
I've seen this floated around for the last few days (weeks?) from different people especially after the story about Blake and Lambert.

Out of curiosity, what would meet the criteria for "thinking big"? What else - reasonably speaking for instance ce on campus stadium is a no go - would be needed for the program besides personnel (the right personnel) that would meet this threshold of thinking big and appeasing this rabid fan base?

I dont have an answer but am curious to see what many of you here have in mind.
Here are a few that I can think of:

True support staff and analysts not just the crap Manny has been doing.

A team that puts together NIL deals for the players

Triple the recruiting budget

Double or triple the assistant coaching budget

Minimum $7 million for the new heat football coach. Maybe even higher depending on what the market says.

And that’s just what I can come up with for football. I’m honestly not sure where to even start with basketball and baseball.

Advertisement
Back