The "if not Mario back to Manny" hypothesis is just bonkers to me.

No but we have no way of knowing whether Zo's purported role would include hiring/firing decisions. I'm sure he'd have a say, but doubtful final say.

Even if he doesn’t have hiring /firing authority, you think he's going to take a job advising a HC that slapped his hand away when he was offering help two years ago? Come on, bro.

Advertisement
It’s nowhere as bad as the media is making it but there definitely a handful of
butthurt BOT members that’s been showing their asses.
So my question is are they floating the Manny coming back stuff because they actually want that or is it pure spite?

Even if he doesn’t have hiring /firing authority, you think he's going to take a job advising a HC that slapped his hand away when he was offering help two years ago? Come on, bro.
Maybe if he thought even if Manny was around a bit longer he's not gonna be around long term, but you're right, it's not feasible those 2 work together.

03C7D20D-D892-46E7-A56E-AA1BFCF2E4D4.jpeg
This is the best pre-offseason ever!
Been one of these for sure[

ATTACH=full]164586[/ATTACH]

If the local media has been dead wrong about everything what do you think the national media knows? Like I said it’s nowhere close to the level it’s being made to be. The people leaking **** aren’t even involved in the process.
True, but who will Undo the damage ?. The readers are reading the ****, believing it, and therein lies the problem.
How do they cull the truth from all that has been thrown up on the wall?...
Our image is in the dumpster local, national, international .
If we can't clean up our own house who will know what to believe?

Advertisement
You're literally throwing millions of dollars in the garbage if you do this. Manny's contract runs through two more seasons and if Miami fires him, they have to buy out the remainder of the deal. We caught the luckiest break every when RIcht retired and decided to forgo the remainder of his deal. That's never going to happen with back to back coaches. Especially with a younger guy like Manny who isn't going to retire any time soon. I'm sure his pride hurts like **** knowing the school is blatantly shopping his job around to other candidates but 1) It's his own fault for not doing a good enough job and 2) You don't just throw millions in the trash because your feelings are hurt. If you're Manny, you wait this whole thing out, try to remain professional and do your job as well as you can and when the day finally comes, you collect your buyout money and worry about what you're going to do next.

You right. But **** thats gotta be an awkward relationship. Not only that but how do you get anything done? Recruits, potential coordinators know that your own program rather have someone else. Seems a little more than hurt feelings but what you say makes more sense.

Brah, maybe nobody believes me and if so, that is fine, but if i was Manny, and i knew Miami was going after Mario, WHILE i am still the coach, and me keeping my job depended on whether Mario wanted my job? I am out! Got plenty of money. I would resign, take a break, maybe go be an analyst but you not going to treat me like some f*ck boy when i have the means to have a say about it.
That’s what I’m saying !! Just leave man and go to FIU!! It’s a win win for everyone.

Never have and never will like the media. They out their own spin on everything and there's never any accountability. Imagine if their jobs depended on accuracy like many other jobs. Most of them would be fired right and left. Media is almost as bad as politicians.

Not one report came out with anything concrete on this. Its all been speculation because they havent fired him. Or Manny SR and Epstein. This take is ridiculous and i agree OP. What Diaz has done on his own regardless of replacements is fireable. Not to mention we can scour the NFL for coaches if we cant find a HC in college ranks

Advertisement
Like I said in another thread, you simply cannot bring Manny back next year. No coordinators are going to want to work for a lame duck coach, no top recruits are going to commit to a lame duck coach, and you are going to further alienate an already ****ed off fanbase. It's a recipe for a completely toxic environment.

Never have and never will like the media. They out their own spin on everything and there's never any accountability. Imagine if their jobs depended on accuracy like many other jobs. Most of them would be fired right and left. Media is almost as bad as politicians.
Not to totally derail the thread but this is what happens when news media is treated as a commodity. News nowadays has to generate revenue and often times the facts are dull and don't sell. In the pre cable TV news days, network news broadcasts weren't expected to be profitable. The networks viewed them as a necessary expense because getting the public information was more important than maximizing every possible second of advertising space. Those days are sadly, long gone and everything is about grabbing viewers or getting clicks and driving advertising revenue first and foremost.

And now back to your regularly scheduled broadcast....

Advertisement
True, but who will Undo the damage ?. The readers are reading the ****, believing it, and therein lies the problem.
How do they cull the truth from all that has been thrown up on the wall?...
Our image is in the dumpster local, national, international .
If we can't clean up our own house who will know what to believe?
What damage? Everything is speculation at this point.

If we end up holding the bag so to speak they were right. If we score big nobody will give a ****

I don’t buy that scenario in the least.

Toothpaste can’t be put back in the tube. Miami is courting Mario. Even if that doesn’t work, Manny would be a world-class cuck to show up on UM’s sideline next year—and no quality OC is working with that one-year option, dead man walking.

This is so dumb it kind of pains me to respond but the whole point is Manny obviously thinks he CAN do the job here. He's under contract and he hasn't resigned. He's not going anywhere until he's canned. You're in a fantasy world my dude.
Exactly, first off Manny’s like…
C112579A-760A-4CA1-96E8-F81966CBD066.gif

And if Mario turns UM down and they somehow keep Diaz (epic fail), Diaz, his old man, cronies and lapdog media types would take a victory lap You wouldn’t believe.

Advertisement
I don’t buy that scenario in the least.

Toothpaste can’t be put back in the tube. Miami is courting Mario. Even if that doesn’t work, Manny would be a world-class cuck to show up on UM’s sideline next year—and no quality OC is working with that one-year option, dead man walking.
Yea it's wildly implausible to me.

What if Manny says “***** this place” and calls FIU to fill that void… if I’m him I would be looking at a school like FIU where a) I don’t have to move and 2) I can win 6-8 games a year and still keep my job.
FIU can do better.

If you wanna whine that this didn't need a new thread sue me, and thanks for clicking on it.

Anyway, this idea that's going around that purports that all the eggs are in the Mario basket and falling that they'll just fall back to Manny on a last chance Performance Improvement/final written warning Plan is so dumb and beteft of logic I can't bring myself to believe it's actually true. But let's pretend for a moment it is.

How the **** does this make any sense? If we can believe that there's a renewed push to invigorate the football program, including an influx of new money, restructuring of responsibilities, and an approach that mirrors a professional business model, why the **** would you keep the underperforming COO? And to that end why would you bother firing Blake James in the first place? Has Manny conviced enough power players including Frenk he wasn't really responsible for any of the program's shortcomings?

Sure, if we get Cristobal that's a coup but falling that, the next best option is Manny Diaz? Or worse yet, we know he's not cut out for the job but we'll ride it out for one more year to give Mario one more year to pine for home and it set our sights on another singular white whale? It's asinine.

Crude analogy here but let's say you were stuck in an unhappy marriage. You know you need out, so you go on a coffee date with your old high school sweetheart but if that isn't going anywhere you just give up and go home to your toxic marriage and hope it magically improves?

Look, if they think Manny is good enough to helm the team under the "new rubric" of serious professionalism and organization then announce he's coming back and get on with it. He f*cking is or he isn't. This purported dance of our one hope or back to Manny is so baffling and beteft of any sensible logic I literally cannot wrap my head around it. That's why I still think it's bullsh*t. They want to close the deal this weekend with Mario but if not it's hard for me to believe the new AD just goes along with the idea of back to Manny as plan B.

If anyone can explain that logic past the infantile "they just don't care about football and it's a conspiracy something something Strawley Epstein" I'm all ears. Because if that line is true, it makes zero sense to go ahead with anything else they're doing now.
Cause it's a myth.

Advertisement
Back