The "if not Mario back to Manny" hypothesis is just bonkers to me.

Trav

Redshirt Freshman
If you wanna whine that this didn't need a new thread sue me, and thanks for clicking on it.

Anyway, this idea that's going around that purports that all the eggs are in the Mario basket and falling that they'll just fall back to Manny on a last chance Performance Improvement/final written warning Plan is so dumb and beteft of logic I can't bring myself to believe it's actually true. But let's pretend for a moment it is.

How the **** does this make any sense? If we can believe that there's a renewed push to invigorate the football program, including an influx of new money, restructuring of responsibilities, and an approach that mirrors a professional business model, why the **** would you keep the underperforming COO? And to that end why would you bother firing Blake James in the first place? Has Manny conviced enough power players including Frenk he wasn't really responsible for any of the program's shortcomings?

Sure, if we get Cristobal that's a coup but falling that, the next best option is Manny Diaz? Or worse yet, we know he's not cut out for the job but we'll ride it out for one more year to give Mario one more year to pine for home and it set our sights on another singular white whale? It's asinine.

Crude analogy here but let's say you were stuck in an unhappy marriage. You know you need out, so you go on a coffee date with your old high school sweetheart but if that isn't going anywhere you just give up and go home to your toxic marriage and hope it magically improves?

Look, if they think Manny is good enough to helm the team under the "new rubric" of serious professionalism and organization then announce he's coming back and get on with it. He f*cking is or he isn't. This purported dance of our one hope or back to Manny is so baffling and beteft of any sensible logic I literally cannot wrap my head around it. That's why I still think it's bullsh*t. They want to close the deal this weekend with Mario but if not it's hard for me to believe the new AD just goes along with the idea of back to Manny as plan B.

If anyone can explain that logic past the infantile "they just don't care about football and it's a conspiracy something something Strawley Epstein" I'm all ears. Because if that line is true, it makes zero sense to go ahead with anything else they're doing now.

Advertisement
It's like having a wife (Manny) but being interested in the new hot model sidepiece (Cristobal). Bad business.
No it's worse. It's having a wife who makes you miserable, doesn't contribute to the household in any way, and leaves you completely unfulfilled. But you decide your only other option is the supermodel and failing that you just go back home to the mess.

Advertisement
well I mean take it with a grain of salt. Frenk didn't say "if not mario then back to manny"

that's what south florida reporters and rogue BOT are saying.

the more likely reality was manny was getting the can either way
I know and I don't think it's reality but I'm trying to understand the thought process if it was. Look we think we're smarter than Frenk and the decision makers right now, but most of us actually really aren't. So where would this hypothetical situation stem from? What's the end game? Again, if you really think Manny has gotten a raw deal from Blake James and bad organization within the department and the program, just say so and let's move on. I think it would be a disaster obviously, but at least we'd understand where they're coming from.

What if Manny says “***** this place” and calls FIU to fill that void… if I’m him I would be looking at a school like FIU where a) I don’t have to move and 2) I can win 6-8 games a year and still keep my job.

Advertisement
What if Manny says “***** this place” and calls FIU to fill that void… if I’m him I would be looking at a school like FIU where a) I don’t have to move and 2) I can win 6-8 games a year and still keep my job.
Sure brah

If it's not Mario, we should be calling Lane Kidding immediately after!! No hesitation. I don't like the dude but he's learned and gotten better as he's matured.

We’d be pulling a clay Helton. Just delaying the inevitable. Good quarterback will probably give manure another year after that and then he’d get canned when the crap recruiting this cycle catches up and van dimes leaves

Advertisement
Think about this -

It's pretty much a given that Highsmith is going to be the Director of Football Ops. Two years ago, after Diaz started his coaching career with losses to FIU and La Tech, Lambert told UM that he would pay Highsmiths salary to come be an advisor to Diaz. This is straight from Lambert himself. Diaz said no and outright rejected Highsmith, then appointed Ed Reed in a token Chief of Staff position. So you think Highsmith is going to advise keeping Diaz, when a big reason that Diaz is on the verge of getting fired is that he told Highsmith to f#ck off and he didn't need his help?

Think about this -

It's pretty much a given that Highsmith is going to be the Director of Football Ops. Two years ago, after Diaz started his coaching career with losses to FIU and La Tech, Lambert told UM that he would pay Highsmiths salary to come be an advisor to Diaz. This is straight from Lambert himself. Diaz said no and outright rejected Highsmith, then appointed Ed Reed in a token Chief of Staff position. So you think Highsmith is going to advise keeping Diaz, when a big reason that Diaz is on the verge of getting fired is that he told Highsmith to f#ck off and he didn't need his help?
If Zo is in the equation then Manny is gonzo.........no way in **** Zo could even communicate with Diaz on football decisions....

Advertisement
Think about this -

No but we have no way of knowing whether Zo's purported role would include hiring/firing decisions. I'm sure he'd have a say, but doubtful final say.

Really is a ridiculous notion to bring him back if Mario turns us down. Lame duck, recruiting will be a disaster…and why can’t we bring in Lane instead? Why the fuqq are we only considering Mario? We really have bozos and clowns running this university if what is said is true, that Miami will bring back Manny if Mario says no. Really is unbelievable, and they’ll have a riot on their hands if that’s the case.

Brah, maybe nobody believes me and if so, that is fine, but if i was Manny, and i knew Miami was going after Mario, WHILE i am still the coach, and me keeping my job depended on whether Mario wanted my job? I am out! Got plenty of money. I would resign, take a break, maybe go be an analyst but you not going to treat me like some f*ck boy when i have the means to have a say about it.

Advertisement
Back