The Ibis reveals himself (herself)

Alaskan Cane

Recruit
Premium
During the UM graduation ceremony the Mask came off the UM Mascot "The Ibis". The Ibis identity is a closely held secret. I have a huge amount of respect for the people who take on this thankless task. She was amazing and always makes a difference.

Advertisement
During the UM graduation ceremony the Mask came off the UM Mascot "The Ibis". The Ibis identity is a closely held secret. I have a huge amount of respect for the people who take on this thankless task. She was amazing and always makes a difference.

That's a pretty cool moment.... Good for her... Congrats on Graduating..

Advertisement
Cool story. I figured Sebastian had to be a woman at some points over the years. Sebastian danced too **** well!
You’d be surprised. One of the best dancers for a long time was the most quiet, mild mannered dude you’d ever meet. He’d put the costume on and it was like his inner self emerged like in “The Mask” with Jim Carrey.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Not sure about thankless. When I was in school during the Shalala times they got something like $350 per event. Shalala had a love affair with Sebastian and would bring the mascot around all the time. And I think they got a full ride (or massive tuition reduction). I think there's three of them at any given time because they go to A LOT of events. Things may have changed but there's a ton of perks to the gig.

Not sure about thankless. When I was in school during the Shalala times they got something like $350 per event. Shalala had a love affair with Sebastian and would bring the mascot around all the time. And I think they got a full ride (or massive tuition reduction). I think there's three of them at any given time because they go to A LOT of events. Things may have changed but there's a ton of perks to the gig.
Yup. My acquaintance was Sebastian years ago and if I recall correctly, there was some scholarship associated with it. Not the worst gig.

Advertisement
1653057220606.gif

ya, during the Shalala years, Sebastian was for hire 24/7/365. MF'r would show up at Casola's at 3am for an appearance. Would see Seabass greeting patrons outside of Club Space at 230am and oddly, sleeping on a park bench at 6am. Would see someone still have the head on driving down the road on their way to the next event.

Advertisement
Yup. My acquaintance was Sebastian years ago and if I recall correctly, there was some scholarship associated with it. Not the worst gig.
Wasn't a scholarship, per se, but definitely a healthy stipend based on the amount of appearances they all did. Plus they got some ridiculous tips when they did certain events, especially weddings.

There were always 4-5 guys when I was at UM. They not only did football and appearances, but every home game (volleyball, soccer, basketball, baseball as Maniac). Not sure how those guys do the Miami heat and humidity in that suit. Football is split up, but soccer and baseball have to be miserable.

Advertisement
Back