The Ibis reveals himself (herself)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
1. She is not the first female, I am gonna feel like SWFL Cane here for a sec. I have known John Routh for 30 years. He introduced me to the actual first female mascot and she did it in the late 70’s.
2. When I was at UM none of the students did this.
3. It explains why Sebastian has looked anorexic the past decade. Seriously, add some girth to him and the Maniac.
4. Would smash though.

Semper Canes!!!

1. She is not the first female, I am gonna feel like SWFL Cane here for a sec. I have known John Routh for 30 years. He introduced me to the actual first female mascot and she did it in the late 70’s.
3. It explains why Sebastian has looked anorexic the past decade. Seriously, add some girth to him and the Maniac.
4. Would smash though.

Semper Canes!!!
It’s a fairly new tradition. I know guys that did it 10-12 years ago when I was there.

Advertisement
Not sure about thankless. When I was in school during the Shalala times they got something like $350 per event. Shalala had a love affair with Sebastian and would bring the mascot around all the time. And I think they got a full ride (or massive tuition reduction). I think there's three of them at any given time because they go to A LOT of events. Things may have changed but there's a ton of perks to the gig.
There are a ton of perks, but you also end up missing out on a lot in regards to college. Those kids are always working, even though they have a rotation. That said, it's not a bad way to get some tuition remission and make some decent money.

4. Would smash though.

Semper Canes!!!
Butch Davis recruited the best Ibis… @SWFLHurricane can confirm 😎

Advertisement
Butch Davis recruited the best Ibis… @SWFLHurricane can confirm 😎
ezgif-4-7b681bcce2.gif

Real quick question to the Sebastian historians.

When I went to UM there was a female that was Sebastian, but really only for appearances and was not one of the core Sebastians. There were other female Sebastians throughout UM's history, but were they more like 3rd, 4th alternate types? This Madison Clinger chick was seemingly the main Sebastian for the past few years...just seeing if that is the difference and why it is a big deal.

4. Would smash though.

Semper Canes!!!
8F282C1B-05BE-48C9-A296-A3CE20CF6B25.gif

Advertisement
Back