The high and mighty sec

You'd be nearly alone in this opinion on Auburn boards, but I think Brian Harsin would appreciate it. He needs a friend, any friend.
The Auburn boards don't give af about the ACC. lol. And of course, if you went on the Miami bored last year you would have tons of posters saying Manny couldn't win the patriot league. They are emotional because they keep losing.

Advertisement
It doesn't hurt my position at all. Yes Ole miss does have way more talent than Baylor. When you compare conferences you need to compare the best to the best and the worst to the worst. When the 4th best SEC team is beating the best Big 12 team. That means a lot.
I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves here, aren't we?

It doesn't hurt my position at all. Yes Ole miss does have way more talent than Baylor. When you compare conferences you need to compare the best to the best and the worst to the worst. When the 4th best SEC team is beating the best Big 12 team. That means a lot.
Your argument is Auburn could win the ACC. You weren't talking about a conference, you were talking about a specific team. If Ole Miss has more talent than Baylor, it shouldn't matter what place they finished in SEC, they should win the game.

I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves here, aren't we?
We are I was just speaking hypothetically. The point I am making is, if UGA and Bama didn't make the playoff. The SEC bowl wins would probably look a lot different with Bama going against Baylor. and everyone else getting bumped down 2 bowls.

Your argument is Auburn could win the ACC. You weren't talking about a conference, you were talking about a specific team. If Ole Miss has more talent than Baylor, it shouldn't matter what place they finished in SEC, they should win the game.
No my argument was that the SEC ***** on the ACC. Then we started going off into tangents. People are saying "LOL THE SEC IS OVERATED SINCE THEY LOSE BOWL GAMES". I was simply pointing out this happens because they have 2 teams in the playoffs.

Advertisement
Why do I feel the need to point out that the “more talent” argument falls apart before it even gets started. He says Miami and Clemson have the most talent in the ACC, yet neither made the ACCCG.

Same with Florida, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and yes, Auburn. Having more talent doesn’t mean you win games.

No, I just am not a puzzy like the AAC fans who like to pretend like the power 5 conferences are no better than the ACC. It seems like a bunch of these "SEC haters" on this sight are one step away from claiming a national championship because we beat Pitt.
I just don't understand what motivates all the effort if you really don't like the SEC. Also, so much of the SEC aura in the minds of many is perception based on recruiting star rankings, not performance. If you look at the 247 composite "talent" rankings, it shows that LSU is 5th, Florida 7th, Texas A&M 8th, Oregon 9th, USC 10th, Texas 11th. And of course our beautiful 7-5 team is at 13th nationally. Are any of those teams actually that good? The performance on the field says no, and that's a lot more factual than someone evaluating a high schooler and saying, "yeah he's that good."

Advertisement
I just don't understand what motivates all the effort if you really don't like the SEC. Also, so much of the SEC aura in the minds of many is perception based on recruiting star rankings, not performance. If you look at the 247 composite "talent" rankings, it shows that LSU is 5th, Florida 7th, Texas A&M 8th, Oregon 9th, USC 10th, Texas 11th. And of course our beautiful 7-5 team is at 13th nationally. Are any of those teams actually that good? The performance on the field says no, and that's a lot more factual than someone evaluating a high schooler and saying, "yeah he's that good."
Exactly what I was getting at in the post before yours. Who relies on “talent” to make predictions when the scores are right in front of you?

Because its embarrassing watching grown Miami fans act like UCF fans. I am all for talking **** to teams that deserve it. I love seeing us make fun of FSU and UF. But the guys who where talking **** about UF when they were finishing top 10 and we were getting beat by La Tech, were the same type of pussies I would talk schit too.

The biggest indiciator of success in CFB is the 247 composite. Obviously corching plays a part in it, but getting the talent is more than half the battle.

Advertisement
The scores are not right in front of us. Talent is a much bigger indicator of who will win the game, than trying to use the transitive property.
I’ve never seen anyone continue to dig themselves deeper like this.

The guy just posted the composite rankings. Most of those teams played way below their composite ranking. Are you telling me that you would take Florida over Baylor this weekend? I mean, you just posted that talent is a better predictor than actual results.

I’ve never seen anyone continue to dig themselves deeper like this.

The guy just posted the composite rankings. Most of those teams played way below their composite ranking. Are you telling me that you would take Florida over Baylor this weekend? I mean, you just posted that talent is a better predictor than actual results.
You should look in the mirror if you want to see someone dig themselves deeper. You have been porsting porst after porst in this thread. Florida doesn't even have a coach. Composite rankings are the biggest indicator of success. That is a fact. No team has won an NC with less than 50% blue chip ratio.

Texas vs. Cincinnati. Who would everyone take? OGH would take Texas because, you know, the 247 composite is the best predictor of who will win a game.

Advertisement
You should look in the mirror if you want to see someone dig themselves deeper. You have been porsting porst after porst in this thread. Florida doesn't even have a coach. Composite rankings are the biggest indicator of success. That is a fact. No team has won an NC with less than 50% blue chip ratio.
Okay, so pick any weekend in 2021. You would have taken Florida over Baylor? Texas over Cincinnati? Auburn over South Carolina?

Okay, so pick any weekend in 2021. You would have taken Florida over Baylor? Texas over Cincinnati? Auburn over South Carolina?
"Cincinatti? You mean the team that was only up by 1 against the trash Houston team?" Only joking.

We have no idea how good cinci is. We will see tomorrow. If florida played Baylor in the begining of the season I would have taken them over Baylor.

Advertisement
Back