The grand reopening

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
This was my question for today.

What will our coaching staff look like with Cristobal? Does this look realistic?

HC - Mario
OC/QB - ????
RB - Jim Mastro
TE - Fields
WR - Likens
OL - Alex Mirabal

DC - ????
DL - Joe Salavea
LB - Ken Wilson
CB - DVD
DB - Robinson
I don't think he brings more than 1-2 current coaches from Oregon...Not including Mirabal is a lock. (Obv Moorehead isn't coming). Many of these veteran coaches have been Pac 12/Mt. West their whole coaching career.

Other than Mirabal I think the most likely candidates to varying degerees will be. One up and coming analyst I'd keep an eye on is Costa.

Decent Shot
1. Bobby Williams (been with Cristo a while and his long history with special teams help)
2. Salavea
3. Choice

Maybe
4. DeRuyter (I don't mind him at all, I like veteran DCs)
5. Mclendon
6. Choice
7. Yates

Probably Not
8. Wilson
9. Mastro

All just a guess obviouys
----------------------
Coaches I want to see us keep

1. DVD...young and energetic. I think he has a future

Like these guys
2. T-Rob
3. Likens
4. Hickson (Think he's doing a good job, but honestly his position requires less acumen than most on staff, so not like can't be replaced)
5. Aristide (Recruiting only, I know nothing of his coaching skill level...Won't cry if Cristobal goes another route. The LB on this team deserve to be ******* coached for once)

I obviously don't think we are going to keep 5....I think we'd keep 3 tops, outside chance at 4. And 2-3 is most likely number...I actually think Diaz built a decent staff
----

Neutral
Simpson
Field ( I don't mind him, and he does work recruiting, but againnoet Cristo has been coaching with Bobby Williams since Bama days)
Justice (did a good job this year...But Cristo/Mirabal is as good as any combo in the nation at OL right now, they are trucking them out)

No chance
Patke

What does this say?
Mario Cristobal was officially announced as Miami's next head coach Monday afternoon, and sources say it didn't take long for him to pick up the phone and call quarterback commit Jacurri Brown.

InsideTheU learned that the two had a brief conversation Monday that Brown said "put my mind at ease."

With a head coaching change, any recruit who has taken an official visit to Miami at any point this recruiting cycle would be able to take another. It is likely that Brown takes advantage of that opportunity and makes his way down to South Florida this coming weekend to hear from the new leadership in person.

Advertisement
Mario Cristobal was officially announced as Miami's next head coach Monday afternoon, and sources say it didn't take long for him to pick up the phone and call quarterback commit Jacurri Brown.

InsideTheU learned that the two had a brief conversation Monday that Brown said "put my mind at ease."

With a head coaching change, any recruit who has taken an official visit to Miami at any point this recruiting cycle would be able to take another. It is likely that Brown takes advantage of that opportunity and makes his way down to South Florida this coming weekend to hear from the new leadership in person.
He’s going to catch a lot of TDs from Garcia.

/jk

/not really

Thank you and that is good news!

Advertisement
If Banks is truly in play we need to divert a large chunk of that stadium money to his local church

That kid is a legit program changer

Bryan McClendon didn't come with Richt - he played for Richt for 4 years and coached under him for 8 - highly doubt he follows Mario but he's a very good coach.

Some say his wife didn't want to come to Miami.
He was richt’s ace crooter at UGA then let go by champ at USCe. Really good crooter

Advertisement
Back