The Golden sprint/team celebration GIF

This is the type of thing that I always point out to my wife (UF Alumni)... when we first met and we discussed football I'd always tell her that it was a U thing and she just wouldn't understand. Over the past few years I point out things like this and show her we are a family... not a 'nation'. I point out things like how all of our former players always throw up the U on television after scoring in the NFL, or come back to campus to support the current team, work out with them in the off season... things like Golden holding Lewis after his injury at GT last year, and then things like this. Oddly enough, despite being a Gator I think she see's it... she wears Miami gear more than her old UF gear these days. Frankly she seemed more excited on Saturday than upset.

I still remember a friend texting me when we hired Golden and my first thought was... I thought players were notified that Gruden was the coach?! haha but seriously... I was like who the **** is that? Of course... I came around as soon as he gave his first press conference after being hired. Man truly would make a great car salesman. This entire team has worked their asses off... seems like the coaching staff has as well, my sources tell me Golden hasn't slept since 2011 (disclosure - I have no sources). As other pointed out, he always turns things back to the team... gives them the credit they deserve. He gets it. Ironically... now the rest of college football is going to get it, they might as well lube up and enjoy it, because it's happening!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back