The Golden sprint/team celebration GIF

The one thing I take from the whole moment is that, unlike most coaches (who'd use that platform to get on TV and sell themselves to future employers), Golden kept his obligatory interview short and sweet and made the moment about the team and its fans. This plus things he's put in place, like the hurricane walk, makes me really believe the guy wants to stay here awhile.

Advertisement
I usually hate sitting in that part of the student section, but that was ******* awesome.

Jimbo would've tried some somber **** and had his kids walk on the field or some **** making it all about him.

Golden said this ain't about me.......it's about MIAMI. Ran the guys over there then walked away while nobody was looking.

That's my COACH.

Jimbo would've tried some somber **** and had his kids walk on the field or some **** making it all about him.

Golden said this ain't about me.......it's about MIAMI. Ran the guys over there then walked away while nobody was looking.

That's my COACH.

yes sir. that was perfect

Advertisement
Al deserves nothing but the best as he could have ran away from the problems but weathered the storm like a real man.

I was told that the section he led everyone to (that make shift section on the field) was where all the former players were sat. And that was why he led them over there...anyone know if that is true?

That would be even more GOAT...if it were even possible!

I was told that the section he led everyone to (that make shift section on the field) was where all the former players were sat. And that was why he led them over there...anyone know if that is true?

Seems like it because that row of people that they were shaking hands with was below the stands. I'm not sure how Sun Life works but most people don't have field level seats (unless you are handicapped) in the stadiums I've been too.

Advertisement
I think Al wanted to get our guys as far from the other team as possible.

Truth, because the initial reaction of the team was to run STRAIGHT across the field en masse. I was certain there were gonna be some fisticuffs

WHICH IS WHY HE ALSO SPRINTED DIRECTLY ACROSS THE FIELD AT THE END OF THE GAME TO SERVE MUSCHIMP HIS SOUTH FLORIDA EVICTION NOTICE.....

glad some of yall admitted, I teared up myself, Al is very smart man, just what This U needed

question. Why are they running to this spot when the student section is not there? the team did this before the FAU game also????

Advertisement
As the clock struck zero, I sat there and 144, and a single tear rolled down my cheek. At that point, I knew that we are truly on the way to being back.

I was at the game. Didn't tear up but I did get goose bumps, especially when he then ran the players over to the recruit's section. When you attempt to fabricate enthusiasm, it comes off as contrived. However, if the enthusiasm is genuine, it becomes infectious.

Advertisement
I happened to catch the post-game interview on radio with Don Bailey, you could tell it was an emotional win for Golden. You could hear it in his voice

I'll never forget the look on his face when the NCAA allegations came out a couple years ago, just thinking to myself,'This guy didn't even know what was coming. This isn't what he signed up for, he may not stick around." And I wouldn't have blamed him one bit, honestly

But look where UM and Golden are now.

He said at his introductory press conference that he had the greatest job in the country. I think Miami has the best leader in the country....

As the clock struck zero, I sat there and 144, and a single tear rolled down my cheek. At that point, I knew that we are truly on the way to being back.

We're back. If we lose a game before FSU we should all be fired.

Advertisement
Back