The Golden Age of Hip-Hop

Advertisement
Don't let the face fool you Alicia Keys is straight hood (it has take many years of public speaking coaches and an **** load of money to refine her)

Go Canes

Alicia Keys is a true musician. Her performance on that first live concert thing when lockdowns began was absolutely phenomenal. That girl is mad talented! Supposed to be going to see her in July with the Mrs.

Was 4 Tay with Too Short?
I think Too Short is who introduced him to the world. I didn't listen to much of him outside of that one song at all though. Too Short on the other hand? We rocked that dude! "I'm a Player" had one of the best base lines of all time.

Advertisement
I spoke on Pun & Black Thought in this thread. It’s only appropriate that I bless you with this classic:

Advertisement
Good post, my preference just differs on Nas. I'm not a huge fan of Eminem (early or late career) and some people think that's crazy. I recognize his lyrical talent, of course, but I just didn't like most of his tracks.

Nas to me is all time legend. Illmatic and It was Written cement his place in history. I hear what you’re saying about later in life. But not living up to 93-96 Nas doesn’t penalize him TO ME.

and as for Em...to me, good Em is as good as anyone. Bad Em is...well bad. That whole accent in pills period is cringeworthy. But his solid work shouldn’t be ignored. Dude is a lyrical genius.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The one crew that's gets forgotten are the Native Tongues. ATCQ, Jungle Bros, De La Soul, Queen Latifah, Monnie Love and Leaders of the New School, Black Sheep, etc... Love how they all dropped all the bling and the me first attitude BS, they were real, different, and smart/fun with their message.

Advertisement
Back