The Golden Age of Hip-Hop

Advertisement
I do. If Cass would've simply took that south side Chicago Street dude out himself it'd be real different path for him. He let his personal life fvck up his career. He's got a twin brother Perry(I know Barry and Perry) that's even more on that street ****.
Isn't Cass from Philly though? Or are you just using the South Side Chi thing as a way of thinking?

Also what you make of his battle rap foray? I follow it heavy and he's been TRASH. Does he need the money?

Isn't Cass from Philly though? Or are you just using the South Side Chi thing as a way of thinking?

Also what you make of his battle rap foray? I follow it heavy and he's been TRASH. Does he need the money?
I just mean that street mindset. He definitely needs the money but I don't know if that chimes in to what he's became far as his mo. Sounds similar to canibus

I just mean that street mindset. He definitely needs the money but I don't know if that chimes in to what he's became far as his mo. Sounds similar to canibus

He must not have been wise with it in the early 2000s.

You catch any of his battle rap stuff? Canibus was trash in that arena too. It's a hard one to delve into.

Advertisement

You catch any of his battle rap stuff? Canibus was trash in that arena too. It's a hard one to delve into.
Agree. Making tracks in the studio and battle rapping are about as similar as driving a race car and demolition derby.

That's what I was saying with the canibus comparison. Both aren't too tough with battles. Haven't followed either in a long time. Canibus was different though. He went to the military and just got on some other ****. Don't know what Barry's real excuse is.

That's what I was saying with the canibus comparison. Both aren't too tough with battles. Haven't followed either in a long time. Canibus was different though. He went to the military and just got on some other ****. Don't know what Barry's real excuse is.
The most disconcerting part is that he really thinks he is good at the art of battle rap.

Crowd reaction is usually crickets and it's generally a cringe spectacle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1990s Rap was the best — Wutang Klan, Biggie, Tupac and Snoop are just the tip of the iceberg. I can go on and on.

Advertisement
I never understood why people confuse sales as something that determines the validity of the topic. To say sales is what makes OutKast the top group ever just undermines the dudes who pioneered all this ****. That's like saying vanilla ice is an all time great. If you question why I say that I'll just say we own his discography. Feel free to look up what Robert can Winkle does to this day all throughout europe. OutKast capitalized on the timing of society's acceptance of the culture. If not for the dudes that put that work in before them than no one sees the results they were able to. Talent is what makes any artist stand out. That doesn't take anything away from OutKast,cause those boys definitely in that conversation for one of the top groups ever. But to say geto boys,gangstarr,beastie boys,Mobb deep, fabulous five, treacherous 3,sugar hill gang,afrika bambata, WU TANG(clearly best ever group as a whole but the way and I'm saying group albums as well not just individuals. Individuals form that group) honestly I can throw on atleast ten more groups in that conversation. ugk,tribe,roots etc. It's obviously a conversation with no winners other than Wu. This isn't a bias. This is a life long music groupie who after my football career ended turned the music industry into my profession and I do well in it. That's the great thing about opinions. We all allowed to have one. Long as no one says 2 live crew or some **** I'll behave.
All good bro until you hated on Fresh Kid Ice and Brother Marquis...
Im blind when it comes to Miami love....
😎

Did you really just say FAB & even em(who u can argue em atleast from some angle regardless of his music just being a gimmick)when u said top 5 ever? Brother I'm gonna start a thread tommorow to bring y'all on a History lesson. We gonna go through the culture as a whole. Let's see if people can keep the guidelines relevant. I'll start this up tomorrow and if people stay on track and if @DMoney would like to do it I'll set up two different pod casts with nothing but legends on them. One a hip hop culture symposium & the other a canes legend bi weekly. I can provide all the guests and trust y'all will wanna hear anything said on either topic. I'll help a positive movement if we can keep this 100% positive. Anotherwords we can debate plenty. Debate is healthy. But everyone needs to keep it 100% positive and clean. No negative vibes. Y'all let me know what y'all wanna do
You're gonna make this place blow up, kid..

Advertisement
Back