NBA The GOAT Case For Lebron: Playoff Performances

Advertisement
Which is why it's silly for MJ defenders using the "6-0" thing as a reason why a player is better. Lebron was not beating the Spurs at 22 years old with a bunch of bums. The fact it happened in the playoffs for Jordan or The finals for Lebron is irrelevant. Had MJ faced the Celtics in the finals with that mickey mouse bulls team ( supposing for argument's sake that the Bulls were in the West), he would have gotten swept like he did. And that should not count against him as a basketball player overall

And another year he faced the Milwaukee Bucks and got beat 4-1 they were not the Juggernaut the Celtics were.

Bruhh What GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lmfao. How many finals jordan lose? How about bron bron?

Jordan missed 2 years in his prime. Could of won 8 in a row.

What is lebron without d wade or bosh?

Not to mention how soft this era is.
I just watched Lilliards 71 point performance highlights and I just laugh at the lack of defensive awareness or just not trying / caring lol. This era is so bad , no hand check , no physicality and no effort on the d end of the court. It’s a mixture of a pickup game at the Y mixed with Fiba basketball circa 1990. Btw JJ Barea guarding LBJ as the series was slipping away in 2011 and him doing nothing is still one of the biggest face plants in history. Dirk with a bunch of role players and washed vets beat the 7 time champs Heat lol.

Last edited:
I just watched Lilliards 71 point performance highlights and I just laugh at the lack of defensive awareness or just not trying / caring lol. This era is so bad , no hand check , no physicality and no effort on the d end of the court. It’s a mixture of a pickup game at the Y mixed with Fiba basketball circa 1990. Btw JJ Barea guarding LBJ as the series was slipping away in 2011 and him doing nothing is still one of the biggest face plants in history. Dirk with a bunch of role players and washed vets beat the 7 time champs Heat lol.
Facts cribby!!!

Go watch the Celtics vs pistons with bird and thomas. Those boys beat the **** out of each other.

Im so glad you brought up JJ. He ******* handled lebron that series and lebron had no answer. That dallas team was dirk and nothing else special.

Imagine JJ guarding jordan. Lmfao!!!!

Hate the GOATS debates since they are all subjective . But why is always Lebron vs Jordan.
Where's Kareem, Russell, Bird, Magic.
I despise them and like MJ I don’t think there’s a goat. Because there’s no MJ without Julius Irving and guys from that era. Just like there’s no LBJ without MJ , Magic , Larry etc. The longer the game evolves you have an advantage versus other eras. You got to watch and pick pieces from all those great players games before you. That’s not even counting the rules changing , nutrition and s/c advances in this era.

There’s greats in every era but the disrespect of this generation of fans / players is mind blowing. Growing up we never did that, we watched the old guys highlights and appreciated it. I read books on those guys and learned the history and appreciated their greatness. Including MJ Who said “ it would be disrespectful for him to say he’s the goat with all the greats before him”.

Even the “new media ” like Jj Redick take personal shots at the old heads. I don’t get it , greatness is greatness. The goat obsession is just weird now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Btw I don’t think these young heads have any clue what the NBA depth was like when Jordan came in the league. The amount of great players and depth in the league then was nuts. It’s comical to compare LBJ’s prime and the Eastern Conference versus those years. The playoffs was wars and there wasn’t many easy outs. Boston , Detroit , Sixers , Milwaukee , Cleveland , Hawks , Knicks etc with great players. Thats not even counting the west.

Btw I don’t think these young heads have any clue what the NBA depth was like when Jordan came in the league. The amount of great players and depth in the league then was nuts. It’s comical to compare LBJ’s prime and the Eastern Conference versus those years. The playoffs was wars and there wasn’t many easy outs. Boston , Detroit , Sixers , Milwaukee , Cleveland , Hawks , Knicks etc with great players. Thats not even counting the west.
Because they didnt join up and form super teams. The talent was more evenly distributed which made the league much more competitive.

Advertisement

LOL, I had the same exact thought while watching - "jeez, does nobody play defense anymore?" I then looked up NBA scoring averages - 40 guys score 20ppg+ now and 30 years ago, that number was half.

And yeah, the guys these days have a lot of skill, but they don't play defense and there is no defensive team defense (sliding - what's that?). Once you penetrate the middle, it's easy buckets because everyone including the big guys are playing the wings so there's nobody inside.

Facts cribby!!!

Go watch the Celtics vs pistons with bird and thomas. Those boys beat the **** out of each other.

Im so glad you brought up JJ. He ******* handled lebron that series and lebron had no answer. That dallas team was dirk and nothing else special.

Imagine JJ guarding jordan. Lmfao!!!!

Hey, LBJ had a tough matchup those finals against tough defensive matchups like

checks notes

....JJ Barea and Shawn Marion.

To be fair u watched him do it against one of the worst teams in the league lol there’s good defense being played in todays game but it’s just completely different than back then because the players are skilled in a different way. The spacing makes it harder for u to guard a guy one on one so teams have to have better schemes to stop these guys. Dame is pulling from the logo like its a regular shot, that 80s “physicality” sounds good but you aren’t stopping these guys today like that. It’s just a different game

Advertisement
Back