NBA The GOAT Case For Lebron: Playoff Performances

Advertisement
Bird would average 30 in todays game. JJ has always been a *****.
Jj didn’t even disrespect larry he literally said he’s no question a top ten player. They were talking about the greatest 3pt shooters ever.

It’s hilarious how people will say the guys now disrespect the greats back then but literally all everyone does from back then is disrespect the greats now lol it’s just a never ending convo.

Jj didn’t even disrespect larry he literally said he’s no question a top ten player. They were talking about the greatest 3pt shooters ever.

It’s hilarious how people will say the guys now disrespect the greats back then but literally all everyone does from back then is disrespect the greats now lol it’s just a never ending convo.

JJ is not a great.

I doubt the older guys like that the new era has ruined the game.

Ive never seen the older guys disrespect the modern guys. Especially not on the level that the new guys disrespect past eras.

This modern era wont even do the dunk contest.

Dude says todays game is physical. Loses all credibility.

Advertisement
JJ is not a great.

I doubt the older guys like that the new era has ruined the game.

Ive never seen the older guys disrespect the modern guys. Especially not on the level that the new guys disrespect past eras.

This modern era wont even do the dunk contest.
Ruined the game lol. Your’re stuck im not gonna even talk to you about this.

Advertisement
No i listened to the entire thing but when he makes a ridiculous claim like that he cant be taken seriously.

Its ok to admit the 80s and 90s were much more physical.
Nobody denied that lol but people like you will swear up and down mfs where getting ***** fouled every time the drove to the basket when it’s simply not true at all.

There’s literal game evidence its not true, that physicality **** yall pull is overstated. It was more physical than now but that doesn’t make it better(not saying it is or isn’t btw lol), if you have to get physical to guard your man how good of a defender are you? If u have to hand check how good of a defender are you? Just be objective for once lol

Nobody denied that lol but people like you will swear up and down mfs where getting ***** fouled every time the drove to the basket when it’s simply not true at all.

There’s literal game evidence its not true, that physicality **** yall pull is overstated. It was more physical than now but that doesn’t make it better(not saying it is or isn’t btw lol), if you have to get physical to guard your man how good of a defender are you? If u have to hand check how good of a defender are you? Just be objective for once lol

He did deny that. Absolutely.

Listen to the guys from that era. Not me. They will tell you how much more physical it was. How much better the defense was.

Do you think the nfl is as physical as it was in the 70s-early 2000s?

He did deny that. Absolutely.

Listen to the guys from that era. Not me. They will tell you how much more physical it was. How much better the defense was.

Do you think the nfl is as physical as it was in the 70s-early 2000s?
Im talking about me, jj explained what he meant because everyone is taking what he’s saying out of context to make this a era vs era thing.

And its funny yall wont answer my questions about the level of defense you have to have to defend without fouling or hand checking but cool lol

Advertisement
Everyone has stylistic preferences, and one can argue how aspects of someone's game might be diminished or enhanced based on style, rules, officiating, substitution techniques, etc.

However, the great basketballers of any era would take advantage of diet and training methods, adaptation to style of play, and coaching in any era. Perhaps the numbers would change a little bit, but the film wouldn't lie.

That's what makes/made them great. There's no reason to denigrate anyone based on era.

Im talking about me, jj explained what he meant because everyone is taking what he’s saying out of context to make this a era vs era thing.

And its funny yall wont answer my questions about the level of defense you have to have to defend without fouling or hand checking but cool lol
Hand checking and putting a body on someone is defending and made the game better

Hand checking and putting a body on someone is defending and made the game better
I wont argue your opinion on that, but again if u can’t stay in front of someone without it how good of a defender are you?

Dont take this as me saying some guys in that era couldn’t but its just an objective point that can be used just like you can question if some guys in eras after can handle the physicality. Cant talk about physicality and downplay that its harder to defend without it

Advertisement
I wont argue your opinion on that, but again if u can’t stay in front of someone without it how good of a defender are you?

Dont take this as me saying some guys in that era couldn’t but its just an objective point that can be used just like you can question if some guys in eras after can handle the physicality. Cant talk about physicality and downplay that its harder to defend without it
Dont disagree really.

To me its a effort thing above physicality. Its in all sports. The effort isnt the same as past eras.

Jordan never lobbied to be the GOAT it was simply applied. As Magic said..."There is MJ, and then there is everyone else" or something like that.

MJ, Doctor J, Bird, Magic, Kareem, etc. got people interested in the NBA. LeBron has done the opposite.

I heard LeBron has already lobbied for the MVP trophy.

If you were picking a starting 5 to represent the USA and you could pick any player in the past, who you got?

Advertisement
Back