The game just changed forever

Advertisement
Anyone think this has a significant impact from a recruiting standpoint?

Yep. Boosters will funnel money to the players, "legally". The big money schools (Top players in the SEC and Ohio St and Michigan) stand to gain a significant let up. The moment The US Gov't even entertained the idea of stepping in, they had to "police themselves" before it was done for them.

I think being in the Miami area there are more opportunities to market yourself. We also have lost many recruits to other programs because the family needed money, this gives the student an opportunity to help out financially and still go to Miami.

Just the sheer amount of car dealerships, businesses, restaurants, etc. that are in the Miami market allows almost every player to have opportunity to make money in commercials, autograph signings, etc. Yes all markets have these opportunities but the difference is the size of the Miami market allows players who aren't big names to still have opportunities

Great for athletes but could cause some problems in the locker room. Say you have a star QB with all sort of sales from merchandise, memorabilia, and other items but not making merchandise from players like offensive linemen or even a guy some fans might identify with like a Jimmy Murphy. It’s a good day for athletes but now like OP said the game changes, if not the recruiting, the ego management.

Advertisement
I hope that is the case, but let's say these kids can endorse something on Instagram or sell autographs. Now let's take a Bama booster who owns the dealership that gives them all of the chargers. Who is saying what market value is? Are they capping it? If not, what is to stop this guy from just giving Tua $250k for an instagram post or $1k per autograph. I see why the "bigger market" would lead to bigger endorsements, but I just see it as a way for more of the bigger booster schools to legally pay players for nonsense. Does anyone in Miami really care about a UM player's endorsement?

This is a really slippery slope. Can a school now include in recruiting pitches an "estimated" amount of money they can expect to see? Can they guarantee a certain amount? Obviously Alabama is going to sell a **** of a lot more jerseys than Miami is.

I think players should be paid and the idea of amateurism died long ago, but I think these other schools are going to push the limits of what is legal in a big way.

Our players were being given luxury cars..phantoms, Ferrari’s, wraith‘s & we sucked...see jermaine grace & AQM.

you guys have no idea

Will teams now have to make room for a stud recruits entourage. Like LeBron James type thing? I mean this is going to get very interesting the next couple of years

Just the sheer amount of car dealerships, businesses, restaurants, etc. that are in the Miami market allows almost every player to have opportunity to make money in commercials, autograph signings, etc. Yes all markets have these opportunities but the difference is the size of the Miami market allows players who aren't big names to still have opportunities

thank you!

These guys are freaking SIMPLETONS man I tell you.

Do schools start charging the kids for their own training table meals and marketing campaigns or is that a negotiating chip? We could go on and on

Advertisement
The real question is when does this go into effect?

Manny hasn't been great but he was quicker than most to take full advantage of the transfer portal. Hopefully he's gathering marketing partners yesterday

Advertisement
Plus the glamour factor. I think this really helps us and USC.

Lol;

If you think this benefits us in any way, u’re sadly mistaken.

This benefits Texas, Michigan, Bama, OSU, Georgia, USCw, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Kentucky, Florida, & Oklahoma.

These are the top selling merchandise programs.

You all keep thinking we’re the 80’s - early 2000 Canes. We ain’t moving no weight in the merchandise industry. We barely get on National TV. If anything, this will hurt even more. So not only can the bag man creep through, but now player A can make exponentially more side $ from jersey sales at said school. Now, Universities can use this as another ploy to recruit.

U’re dreaming if u think this helps us in any way.

Advertisement
IF the kids are smart, they'd create a pot and all share the money. Not every kid is going to get a "deal". The marquee superstars and others will. If that take that money and disperse it to all then I think it keeps it from being all about "Me me me me me". They're suppose to be brothers right? We gon see...

free labor is over
8FF2DAF5-7C6E-446B-A0C2-B288D8966688.gif

Lol;

If you think this benefits us in any way, u’re sadly mistaken.

This benefits Texas, Michigan, Bama, OSU, Georgia, USCw, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Kentucky, Florida, & Oklahoma.

These are the top selling merchandise programs.

You all keep thinking we’re the 80’s - early 2000 Canes. We ain’t moving no weight in the merchandise industry. We barely get on National TV. If anything, this will hurt even more. So not only can the bag man creep through, but now player A can make exponentially more side $ from jersey sales at said school. Now, Universities can use this as another ploy to recruit.

U’re dreaming of this helps us, in any way.
Local ad market though. Billboards on the Beach with Hedley tatted up and riding a Harley on Ocean drive

Advertisement
Back