The Forgotten 2014 Recruits

I wanted to Highlight some of people that i have rarley seen on the board being talked about after signing day and just wanted to see if anyone had any updates on them and expectations from anyone listed.

Mike Smith
Darrell Langham
Tyre Brady
David Njoku
Courtel Jenkins
Terry McCray - is his brother Teraz McCray from the 03 class?
Chris Herndon
Marques Gayot

:emotcanes:

Advertisement
I remember AG saying something along the lines of 'The U will be 'back' when we no longer need incoming freshmen to be superstars right away'. There are some ballers on that list that we have a chance to redshirt and, and hopefully, develop.

the only player I see on that list that will have PT is mike smith. brady might have a look or two but positions like Saftey, WR, TE, LB & NG will be hard to crack this season for those guys

I'm wondering how effective Jenkins is going to be in the role of NT if they ultimately decide to play him there; his lack of height and wingspan will make it difficult IMO. I would like to see him on the field with another DT (Heurtelou, Wyche). Out of that group listed I think Smith will make the quickest impact.

259.gif

Advertisement
I'm wondering how effective Jenkins is going to be in the role of NT if they ultimately decide to play him there; his lack of height and wingspan will make it difficult IMO. I would like to see him on the field with another DT (Heurtelou, Wyche). Out of that group listed I think Smith will make the quickest impact.

259.gif

Mike Smith is coming off a torn ACL, so i doubt he plays this year.

yeah I didn't see mike smith as being someone who will definitely see playing time this year. I guess it depends on position and need.

If these recruit freshmen can't beat out the guy playing ahead of them will there be posts about how they are busts and will transfer? :rolleyes:

Advertisement

259.gif

Mike Smith is coming off a torn ACL, so i doubt he plays this year.

Good point, I forgot about that; I'll can also see Langham catching a jump ball or two in the endzone.

259.gif

Wingspan and size isn't as much of a big deal for a Agap player, most of those guys inside are also short so size isn't really looked at like that as much. Wake Forests starting Nose last year was under 6' and under 260.

Every guy in this list will redshirt. Also Chris Herndon has some academic things to clear up (nothing major) so he will not be in until 2nd summer semester.

Advertisement
Terry McCray Is a very Intriguing prospect too me and i think he will be the surprise of the class. His production is off the charts for a DE and really is a hybrid DE/LB His High Motor and Pursit is what i love. I think he has a great work ethic as well. he will probably redshirt but i see good things.

259.gif

Wingspan and size isn't as much of a big deal for a Agap player, most of those guys inside are also short so size isn't really looked at like that as much. Wake Forests starting Nose last year was under 6' and under 260.

It matters when you need to 2 gap both A gaps. Nakita Whitlock was one gapping and has extremely long arms for his height at 32". That is the same as geno Atkins and sharif floyd. By two gapping you change the standard of agility needed to play DT. In my opinion, we need DTs that are around olsen Pierre's size, maybe a bit heavier. My real opinion is use a different defense, but assuming this is the defense no matter what, then we need size. This is why wyche is exciting. He is strong and big. Moten is big and after a year should be strong. Just gotta hurry up and wait for fall now.

Advertisement
Everyone on that list and a few more will red-shirt with the exception of a position or two we have depth finally. would not surprise me if Trent was on that list as well. Not sure he will get meaningful time on the defense. May get most of his time on special teams.

Mike Smith is my second favorite recruit from 2014 behind Owens. Not forgotten in my eyes.

And Herndon is a player I've said can be really nice for us. Athletic TE that may cause some mismatches for us. He's definitely slept on on these boards.

Advertisement
Back