The First Domino Falls Tonight!

Advertisement
I definitely would like to see us in the ACCCG this year. But we gave up control missing that FG vs a horrific GT and letting UNC get a first down on 4th and 17.

9-4 including the bowl win gives us a 6-game win streak and more than enough momentum to close with the class we need to face off with Clemson in 2020.

Advertisement
Doesn’t really matter who wins because both teams need to lose 1 more game.

It comes down to if you think NC State has a better chance of upsetting UNC or BC has a better chance of upsetting Pitt. I think that NC State has a better chance — at home — so I’m rooting for UNC to win tonight and then for them to lose to NC State the last weekend of the season.
NC State is terrible. I think BC can beat Pitt. This is just 1/2 of the equation. We still need VT and UVA to lose.

NC State is terrible. I think BC can beat Pitt. This is just 1/2 of the equation. We still need VT and UVA to lose.

Agreed. Hence this post. NC State doesn't have a single remotely respectable win this entire year. Their crowning achievement is beating a horrible Syracuse team by 6. BC beat NC State by 21. In this little fantasy I think it makes much more sense to hang our hopes on BC.

That said, I'm already planning my Sun Bowl watch party.

Advertisement
WHEN VT beats GT, we're eliminated so it doesn’t matter.... we need to be thinking about bowl matchups only and hope we don’t have to play and lose to Wisconsin again.

I think this team may finally be to the point where they could beat Wisconsin.

It's a paid actor appearing in my living room. Due to some draconian "laws" and what a completely arbitrary being in the form of a federal judge considers "indecent" I'm no longer "legally" allowed to appear myself in any online videos, photography or anime.

Yeah, I thought I read about that in USA Today a while back.

There's gotta be a law, brother.

Advertisement
Advertisement
lol he said that crazy **** aint happening.
Exactly!

Seems unlikely that anyone of these far fetched matchups that we need to happen actually happen. GT bearing VT in and of itself is very unlikely, add in VT beating UVA and NC State beating UNC, and so on, and we are not getting to the ACCCG. We screwed ourselves out of the opportunity.

What’s even crazier to think is that we are only one win away from the ACCCG given the heartbreaks that we went through (and I know that we are technically still in it, but please).

Not losing to VT, GT or UNC, and we are (were) in. And with the exception of VT, the kicking game is specifically the difference between us and CHARLOTTE! Sad but I hope that this is the red herring that makes it so we never have a deficiency in the kicking game ever again.

Advertisement
Back