Confirmed The expectation is that Kevin Steele will be hired as Miami’s defensive coordinator, per sources

Advertisement
Your first post in over 8 years of being on this board? Gonna take a guess your either a Gator or Nole…

Btw read the earlier tweet that Mario had been in contact with Steele way before this
Yes, I’ve been lurking for 8 years to finally troll the board. Life long Canes fan and alum, but it is what it is, day before signing day panic hire. Just because someone posted “they’ve been talking” sounds like spin.

The buck stops at the top. Based on Dabo being being the Head Coach at Clemson when they gave up 70 points to West Virginia 9 years ago, Dabo is an absolutely horrible coach and Miami would not and should not have tried to hire him away from Clemson when we were getting their Athletic Director before we knew Mario was in the mix.

That's literally how some on this message board think.

Not me. If anyone had told me that we were getting Kevin Steele as D-Coordinator I would have been esctatic 2 hours ago, 2 months ago, 2 years ago and 2 decades ago :cool:

This guy has either been fired or demoted from every single DC job he’s had over the last 15 years with the exception of LSU, where he left for a lateral position.

Fans at most of the schools he was at speak poorly of him.

He’s almost 65 years old and cut his teeth in the early 90’s when it was a completely different game.

He’s not a great recruiter at this stage of his career.

The best job he could get this cycle was at Maryland.

We’ll see how things shake out, but on the surface, this is a disappointing hire and means that Cristobal struck out on many of his top choices.
After the Lispy hire and becoming a raging alcoholic there was no where to go but up from here..

Advertisement
This dude has put up statistically beastly defenses with incredible consistency, he's coached under ridiculous head coaches (so he can share nuggets with Mario), he will aggressively adjust his scheme, and he'll help change the culture as he's a no nonsense guy. I think that last point shouldn't be understated. I'm very happy.

You mean to tell me we didn't hire Jon Gruden as DC? Fire Mario! Where's all this money they've been talking about...... Just joking but I bet some fans actually are thinking this way

Advertisement
Yes, I’ve been lurking for 8 years to finally troll the board. Life long Canes fan and alum, but it is what it is, day before signing day panic hire. Just because someone posted “they’ve been talking” sounds like spin.
Yes, hiring an established, highly regarded DC who had 5 top ten defenses while in the SEC is "panic". How ridiculous.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Boys, it's good to be here. We are goin g to play fast and violent. I call it Speedy Savagery. Buckle up gentlemen, Hard Steele is here to be ******.

giphy.gif

Some of y’all care WAY too much if a guy is a plan A or B or C hire.

Who gives a ****?

All I care about is if we hire someone that can do their job well.

This guy has coached at some of the best programs in the nation for a reason.

We got ourselves a competent DC who knows what he’s doing.

Smh at some of you 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Advertisement
Back