Confirmed The expectation is that Kevin Steele will be hired as Miami’s defensive coordinator, per sources

Advertisement
He could’ve been retained. He wasn’t. And then he was out of work for a year.

When he returned, his best job offer (before Mario came begging) was Maryland.

If he was so good at Auburn, why weren’t the big programs beating down the door to hire him once he became available?
Power 5 is power 5!

This hire.....ughhhh yeahhhh. But at least he finally made a decision. Yes Belk would have been better but it is what it is. I support it and hope for the best. What scheme does he run? 3-4, 4-2-5, 4-3, 3-3-5?

Last edited:
LMFAO!!!! You have to be joking.
He may have been talking to Steele for weeks but I don’t see why Steele would take the Maryland job if he was still in the running for the Miami gig.
pirates of the caribbean no GIF

Advertisement
I think we all know exactly what happened even if most don't want to admit it.

Mario knows he needed absolute elite coordinators to mask his game day coaching deficiencies. He went after the best of the best struck out time after time and now he has to scramble to get anyone he can to fill the positions before practice starts.
What I am on the edge of my seat for is the difference between absolute elite and just elite.

Advertisement
Sorry if posted already didn’t read 23 pages

Kevin Steele and Kevin green

Love that but also makes me sad. Greene was a monster of player but an even better dude and would've been a phenomenal guy for Steele to have been able to try to bring here with him if they were on good terms- lol. RIP.

I’m cool with Steele if this is the move. He’s got experience at the highest levels of college football and has had recent success. This isn’t a dude who was good ten years ago and is washed up now.

I’ve always been more concerned about the OC hire anyway. Give any decent DC talent on defense and he can field a good unit. Offense is another story.

Advertisement
The lsu game shows u all u need to know a coach he see I need to adjust my play calls and formations to give us the best chance. Very intense coach who is willing to adjust to win = W

I’m cool with Steele if this is the move. He’s got experience at the highest levels of college football and has had recent success. This isn’t a dude who was good ten years ago and is washed up now.

I’ve always been more concerned about the OC hire anyway. Give any decent DC talent on defense and he can field a good unit. Offense is another story.
Lol. Really? I would argue a good Defense is more difficult to find than a good Offense these days.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back