Confirmed The expectation is that Kevin Steele will be hired as Miami’s defensive coordinator, per sources

Advertisement
What was Howard or Jimmy or Butch? Although Dillon, South Carolina is definitely small town. I'll take experience and what he did at Auburn was impressive.

Definitely. Wasn't saying that trying to discredit him or say I don't want him. Again, I don't believe in that "he aint a fit" stuff because you are exactly right..at the end of the day winners are a fit anywhere. I just find it funny when I think about it, that's all. Just thinking out loud.

I was never sold on Belk. I’m glad that never came to fruition. Steele will be here shorter and maybe that opens up for someone like Schumann later down the road.

If I recall, Schumann was the top option but he was not ready for the move this year. We’ll see in maybe a year or two.
I like Belk a lot but it seemed like a bidding war was breaking out. I didn’t want him that badly

You really said (stole this... and) that the NASCAR Manny 500 is better than Steele?

I mean, Steele ain't Belk and he **** sure wasn't my first choice.... but bruh you waaaaaaay outta pocket, bol
Belk offered lots of upside but we can't ignore the 2016-2019 years Steele had at Auburn when all those units were top 10 caliber defenses in the SEC West. The question is are we getting that guy or 2020 Auburn or the Clemson D that gave up 70 vs WVU ? We'll find out in 8 months.

Advertisement
The uneducated football people have exposed themsleves , just ignore it man, The same dummies said " Dorsey never called plays and we only want him because he's a Cane. I said all along we'd be lucky to have him or Whipple.
Most of these mouth breathers are only here to try and **** in everyone Cheerios.

A, B or C we've got our guy. He's got a deep resume with solid success, against elite competition and who doesn't has some blemishes in their career (CIS porsters I guess).

Don't give a *** about his age - experience is a sledgehammer. It's not like we just paid a retired coach to give up his pool cleaning business - he's been doing it, so he knows the offenses that are being run.

Welcome to the U coach Steele

LFG!

Advertisement
I like Belk a lot but it seemed like a bidding war was breaking out. I didn’t want him that badly
what's the actual argument for Belk over Steele?

because Belk has 1/10th the resume at best. dude has never even called plays in the P5 whereas Steele most recently put up 4 years of top 10 national defenses while coaching in the SEC west. it literally just comes down to "younger guy therefore better recruiter" logic?

Belk offered lots of upside but we can't ignore the 2016-2019 years Steele had at Auburn when all those units were top 10 caliber defenses in the SEC West. The question is are we getting that guy or 2020 Auburn or the Clemson D that gave up 70 vs WVU ? We'll find out in 8 months.
Steele was a Broyles Award finalist in 2017 and a semifinalist in 2019 as the top assistant coach in college football. He moved to Tennessee briefly between the coaching changes at Auburn after Gus Malzahn was fired, and before Josh Heupel was hired at Tennessee.

He had a year to rest. Should be energized and hungry to be involved in the team that’s going to beat the sec yearly in a couple years

Advertisement
So about this be rushed…

5-star DL Shemar Stewart - The Miami Monsignor Pace product was aware of who Miami was hiring was when contacted by phone shortly after news broke that former Auburn, LSU, Clemson, and Alabama defensive coordinator Kevin Steele. Stewart isn't super familiar with the Hurricanes' new defensive play-caller, but it is worth noting that Steele runs a four-man front, which has been important for Stewart's camp to know at this stage of the process. It sounds that as of Tuesday night, Stewart hasn't come to a final decision on whether he will be signing with Texas A&M or Miami. With things in motion on that side of the ball now, Miami has ground a strong push through Wednesday morning and early afternoon ahead of Stewart's 1:30 p.m. decision, which will be live on CBSSports HQ. It also sounds like Stewart had knowledge of the move ahead of reports Tuesday. Texas A&M is the unanimous 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite and I haven't heard anything that would lead me to consider moving a forecast off the Aggies.

what's the actual argument for Belk over Steele?

because Belk has 1/10th the resume at best. dude has never even called plays in the P5 whereas Steele most recently put up 4 years of top 10 national defenses while coaching in the SEC west. it literally just comes down to "younger guy therefore better recruiter" logic?
No clue to be honest I don’t even know that you could say he’s a better recruiter anyway

I like Belk a lot but Steele brings instant credibility to the program

So about this be rushed…

5-star DL Shemar Stewart - The Miami Monsignor Pace product was aware of who Miami was hiring was when contacted by phone shortly after news broke that former Auburn, LSU, Clemson, and Alabama defensive coordinator Kevin Steele. Stewart isn't super familiar with the Hurricanes' new defensive play-caller, but it is worth noting that Steele runs a four-man front, which has been important for Stewart's camp to know at this stage of the process. It sounds that as of Tuesday night, Stewart hasn't come to a final decision on whether he will be signing with Texas A&M or Miami. With things in motion on that side of the ball now, Miami has ground a strong push through Wednesday morning and early afternoon ahead of Stewart's 1:30 p.m. decision, which will be live on CBSSports HQ. It also sounds like Stewart had knowledge of the move ahead of reports Tuesday. Texas A&M is the unanimous 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite and I haven't heard anything that would lead me to consider moving a forecast off the Aggies.

Just shows his stats. ***** the aggies

E4573BF9-B56A-41CC-A436-1303DFF507D1.jpeg

Advertisement
So about this be rushed…

If true, then it was all fun and games for Stewart. Any logical human being would choose The U.

I thought we would be better off with a younger up and coming hungry DC like Belk or Schumann. Im not sure what Steele's temperament is but it might be better to have a older experience guy thats probably stern.

Advertisement
Back