Confirmed The expectation is that Kevin Steele will be hired as Miami’s defensive coordinator, per sources

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dude make *** jokes and quit trolling , dude is super well respected and Auburn people loved his defenses. It’s obvious what you’ve been doing you miserable ****.

Thank you. When is garbage collection day?
Guy had like a Top 20 Defense three years in a row at Auburn. Worst defense was in the Top 40, which is miles better than we’ve had the past two years.

Playing against the entire SEC West and then some.

Is Kevin Steele the "Home Run Hire" everyone was expecting? Not to a lot of this fan base because a lot of this fan base is literally dissapointed with the fact that we have "all this money" and can't seem to get Bill Belichik for D-Coordinator.

Is Kevin Steele potentially better than the last (two) defensive coordinators we have had under Manny? Yes
Better than D'Nofrio under Golden? Yes
Better than John Lovett under Randy Shannon? Yes

If it's a one or two year "stop gap" that's fine. If the defense balls out under him then he may move on and at that point our defense will be a proven commodity again and we will be able to get someone more palatable to the fan base.

On paper "key words" he is already the best D-Coordinator we have had here in at least 15 years.

Let's roll.
Schuman was always the first guy and he decided to stay.

There was miserable ******** here who didn’t want him because he “ never called a defense “. Then we go hire a guy who has called defense and has had top defenses in the sec. Now that’s a “meh hire”.

The toxicity on this board for a coach that’s been here two months and hasn’t coached a game is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen from this fanbase. Which says a lot, it’s the trashiest fanbase I’ve seen an it’s not close. Grown as men all in their feelings because the new coach hasn’t hired a staff. Then non stop jokes and smart *** comments about the program they “care about” lol. It’s to the point @IndayArtHauz and myself both were texting we gotta get away from this board and the lunatics lol.

Who needs enemies when you have these fans .

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
This guy has either been fired or demoted from every single DC job he’s had over the last 15 years.

Fans at all the schools he was at speak poorly of him.

He’s almost 65 years old and cut his teeth in the early 90’s when it was a completely different game.

He’s not a good recruiter at this stage of his career.

The best job he could get this cycle was at Maryland.

On the surface, this would appear to be an awful hire and means that Cristobal struck out on many of his top choices.
He def wasn't fired from LSU. Based on this article he left on his own to go to Auburn and LSU apparently tried to keep him

I'm kinda lukewarm to Steele but I think after years of the failed Diaz regime a guy like Steele will bring desperately needed discipline, fundamentals, and toughness to that side of the ball which are all sorely needed. Not sure if he can croot but right now the defense needs a strong teacher. For OC I hope Mario goes the younger, more innovative route but I think we gotta expect the unexpected at this point.
I can’t comment to details but he’s pulled studs at just about every position there is

Even though he’s been on the defensive side of the ball mostly he has pulled a lot of good OL and TE in his day. Seems he’s pretty active in recruiting

Advertisement
Back