Confirmed The expectation is that Kevin Steele will be hired as Miami’s defensive coordinator, per sources

6EBA2C42-9E29-4EE9-B8B4-D41866E068F5.jpeg

Advertisement
he wasn't retained when bryan harsin took over, that's a far cry from being "fired”

He could’ve been retained. He wasn’t. And then he was out of work for a year.

When he returned, his best job offer (before Mario came begging) was Maryland.

If he was so good at Auburn, why weren’t the big programs beating down the door to hire him once he became available?

This guy has either been fired or demoted from every single DC job he’s had over the last 15 years.

Fans at all the schools he was at speak poorly of him.

He’s almost 65 years old and cut his teeth in the early 90’s when it was a completely different game.

He’s not a good recruiter.

The best job he could get this cycle was at Maryland.

On the surface, this would appear to be an awful hire and means that Cristobal struck out on many of his top choices.
How old was Bill Young when he was our DC?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I am 49 and have zero rhythm, your previous post insinuates happiness. Are you pleased?

I used to be able to dance like that before my eyes went on me. I have been working on opening my hips up so I may be ready to battle soon enough. #cardboardlords
I’m happy it’s finally over.

And yes Steele is a good hire, he’s old, so he’s not gonna be here for the long haul anyway.

But honestly I don’t really care about DC, the only hires that matter to me are OC & CB’s coach.

Advertisement
Gotcha. I put a lot more stock in his recent 5 year tenure at Auburn and not the fact that he was fired at Clemson 10 years ago for reasons we don't know. But weigh the evidence how you will.

His defenses at auburn were consistently top 20

This is a Bateman at UNC hire.

I expect this guy to have little no recruiting responsibilities, which means Mario better have some dogs on the trail in mind for those position coach openings.

Agree. It’s why I preferred a guy like belk. Steele (or belk, for that Matter) probably won’t be here for more than 1-2 years so why not put a beast recruiter in that spot?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back