The epitome of South Florida Football

They can be teachers with no degree?
No, you need a degree to teach. I thought head coaches had to have one too but I guess not. A lot of head coaches are employed as full time teachers. So you figure the average Florida teacher salary ~50 grand plus another 5 grand stipend for coaching. It’s not exactly breaking the bank. St. Thomas pays their coordinators more than that just to coach.

Advertisement
No, you need a degree to teach. I thought head coaches had to have one too but I guess not. A lot of head coaches are employed as full time teachers. So you figure the average Florida teacher salary ~50 grand plus another 5 grand stipend for coaching. It’s not exactly breaking the bank. St. Thomas pays their coordinators more than that just to coach.

Private schools are completely different. The top ones down here generally pay way better than what HC’s that teach make at public schools.

But again, I’m no expert, the couple guys that know this for sure will probably give us the actual exact situation

A lot of Texas coaches making over $100K a year. How does Florida compare?

Advertisement
teams that recruit hs kids in south florida will win period. While I wouldnt have gone on social media to say that, ppl need to stand up to the BS. Doing those kids a disservice most of whom will never step foot on an NFL field by giving them grades and allowing them to run from school to school up and down the tri county area. Hurting those kids futures so grown *** men can pretend like they know how to coach

At my high school, coaches also had to teach. Most were physical education teachers and would get additional pay as a coach, but
it was not a significant amount. I do recall the football coach got $900. Of course that was a long time ago.

Advertisement
At my high school, coaches also had to teach. Most were physical education teachers and would get additional pay as a coach, but
it was not a significant amount. I do recall the football coach got $900. Of course that was a long time ago.

where I teach many of the coaches are also teachers and some can make up to 6k for the season but that’s after coaching for a long time.

Sad state of affairs where a hs football coach makes 3x the amount of teachers in the same district.

I'd like for you to outline why that's sad.

At the schools where they're making this the football programs bring in a metric **** ton of money to the district. They work a **** ton more hours than the average teacher. They give up ALL of their school-year weekends and the bulk of their summers year after year after year. The pressure that football coaches face at a high profile Texas high school are insane, not at all that dissimilar to college football coaches in either pressure or time put in. If they don't have a good game they have "FOR SALE" signs in their yards and then they get ****canned by mid-term if it's a poor season. Teachers, for the most part, get a free pass for life, with almost zero public scrutiny unless they're absolutely horrendous. The large bulk of the 6 figure guys are also athletic directors for the entire sports program, not just football coaches.

Football coaches have a drastically more important role in shaping young mens' lives than the average teacher they will have in their high school career. There are exceptions - there are some extremely influential teachers and there are some bum coaches, of course. Those coaches aren't the ones that make big money for long.

Around 5 grand. Depends on the county
$5k plus all the McNuggets they can eat.

In the grand scheme of things, they shouldn’t be making more. They should be school teachers who make an extra $5k to coach. It’s fcking HS football. It should be about molding young men and teaching young people about the importance of teamwork and being part of something bigger than themselves. Putting too much emphasis on buying kids and overpaying coaches at the HS level puts everything out of whack.

Let’s face it, all adding a bunch of money to the pot will do is increase corruption amongst a bunch of mostly clueless dopes and ratchet up recruiting even more. And all that does is destroy the concepts of teamwork and fighting together with your guys. The mercenary **** is already rampant enough. Imagine if there was some real scratch on the line.

It was the recently resigned HC of Hialeah High....throwing shots at everyone...got**** the sh*t was classic. He went in on Carol City coaching staff, Champanat as a label, a school, a program.

Basically stating the cesspool of south florida that he is/was a part of.

- Spoke about the fake offers from schools for kids who have no chance in qualifying

- Schools with fake grades.

-Fake Home school programs

-Lol said he has more money than Carol City's whole staff combined.

Wow!!! My kind of homie.

Advertisement
I’m a AP in The Dallas area. I’ve been here for 10 years. Head coaches at the high school level is usually the second highest paid on campus. Principals have to be the highest paid on campus according to the Texas Education Agency. Texas football produce a lot of money. I put it like this we have a indoor football facility that is probably better than Miami’s

Private schools are completely different. The top ones down here generally pay way better than what HC’s that teach make at public schools.

But again, I’m no expert, the couple guys that know this for sure will probably give us the actual exact situation
I know a former coordinator at STA was making like $60 grand and that was just for coaching. He was not employed by the school in any other manner. That’s more than pretty much everyone who works at a public school besides administrators.

Advertisement
I'd like for you to outline why that's sad.

At the schools where they're making this the football programs bring in a metric **** ton of money to the district. They work a **** ton more hours than the average teacher. They give up ALL of their school-year weekends and the bulk of their summers year after year after year. The pressure that football coaches face at a high profile Texas high school are insane, not at all that dissimilar to college football coaches in either pressure or time put in. If they don't have a good game they have "FOR SALE" signs in their yards and then they get ****canned by mid-term if it's a poor season. Teachers, for the most part, get a free pass for life, with almost zero public scrutiny unless they're absolutely horrendous. The large bulk of the 6 figure guys are also athletic directors for the entire sports program, not just football coaches.

Football coaches have a drastically more important role in shaping young mens' lives than the average teacher they will have in their high school career. There are exceptions - there are some extremely influential teachers and there are some bum coaches, of course. Those coaches aren't the ones that make big money for long.
And those coaches teach a small fraction of the school population and many instances as we have seen in south Florida they get the kids grades and allow them to play when they are failing all their classes.

I admit I’m biased here as I am a teacher. Have taught for 15 years and make around 60k.
I have also been a coach for a short time and most up in NY make little to nothing for the time they put in but it’s still around 5-6k for a varsity head coach.

clearly Texas puts far more worth in their football than they do there academics.

And those coaches teach a small fraction of the school population and many instances as we have seen in south Florida they get the kids grades and allow them to play when they are failing all their classes.

I admit I’m biased here as I am a teacher. Have taught for 15 years and make around 60k.
I have also been a coach for a short time and most up in NY make little to nothing for the time they put in but it’s still around 5-6k for a varsity head coach.

clearly Texas puts far more worth in their football than they do there academics.

Idk if I can believe that you teach in NY for 15 years and only make $60k unless you teach in Private schools. I know people that I went to HS with that now teach in NY making more than that

They prefer you have one because it makes it easier for administration to find you a job on campus. (i.e. teaching)
But you can be a "non instructional" staff member and the HC of the football program.

I’m pretty sure that a lot of times these coaches are hired at other positions around the school ( security, assistant whatever, etc.) but all they are there for is to coach. Also, to get around the degree requirement, officially the head coach is some teacher at the school but money goes to actual HC.

the point is, there are tons of loop holes for everything that goes on down here and everyone is doing it.

Advertisement
Back