The epitome of South Florida Football

Yea these OOS schools have PAID coaches. I volunteer to coach and lose money doing so. That's the reason ...point blank period. That being said...the top of the line Coaches in S.Fla dont take a back seat to those guys coaching.

The fact that Deerfield Beach keeps getting out of state games is good enough...they arent even a state champion in state.
We lose money, time with our kids and love ones, all to help develop another child's athletic abilities..sacrifice

Advertisement
Yea? This past season SoFla powerhouses got blasted out of state

Name a South Florida team that lost to an OOS opponent that had LESS talent than them.

We were 1-1 OOS this past season.

Zachary High won 3 out of the last 4 Louisiana state championships and just competed for ANOTHER one this season and we beat them 53-0.
I think it's fair to say that they have a good staff...yet they managed 74 yards of total offense with a 2-time All State Memphis commit at QB. It was 41-0 at halftime.

Name a South Florida team that lost to an OOS opponent that had LESS talent than them.

We were 1-1 OOS this past season.

Zachary High won 3 out of the last 4 Louisiana state championships and just competed for ANOTHER one this season and we beat them 53-0.
I think it's fair to say that they have a good staff...yet they managed 74 yards of total offense with a 2-time All State Memphis commit at QB. It was 41-0 at halftime.
I think we’re talking about how in the nationally televised games this season some of the local teams got spanked by some oos schools.
Congrats on the win btw.
Maybe those games made things seem worse than they are and we (me) are overreacting. We tend to think back when northwestern and the rest used to go all over the country and dominate everyone regardless if they were some all star private school or not.

yet the great state of Texas cant win a national championship in football at all. They have a million colleges there in every division and cant win from Naia to div 1. WITH ALL that they have......

Part of the reason i have dropped that state down in state's for football honestly.

Kids are getting maxed out too early because of all that was said in the post you quoted. There's no room left to grow. And, honestly, the most money in college football was being spent by Alabama, Clemson, and Georgia. Until Texas starts poaching a couple guys that would normally go to those three schools, they won't win anything. Coaching + Talent + Support + Luck. You gotta have all of it to win it all.

Advertisement
I think we’re talking about how in the nationally televised games this season some of the local teams got spanked by some oos schools.
Congrats on the win btw.
Maybe those games made things seem worse than they are and we (me) are overreacting. We tend to think back when northwestern and the rest used to go all over the country and dominate everyone regardless if they were some all star private school or not.
Those MNW teams were loaded though.
Wasn't like they went OOS with no talent and beat people.

Last edited:
Kids are getting maxed out too early because of all that was said in the post you quoted. There's no room left to grow. And, honestly, the most money in college football was being spent by Alabama, Clemson, and Georgia. Until Texas starts poaching a couple guys that would normally go to those three schools, they won't win anything. Coaching + Talent + Support + Luck. You gotta have all of it to win it all.

Florida college football has sucked *** recently because coaching has sucked - no one zaps Florida HS football because of that. It's obvious what the problem is - Shannon, Al Golden, Corch Willie and McIlwain. Florida programs suck balls when they have poor coaching - worse than the Texas schools. Miami and FSU haven't even really been competitive. Texas and A&M have had a much longer drought there. Oklahoma consistently wins with a Texas roster and guys like Art Briles, Matt Rhule, Gary Patterson (guys with a clue) do great with Texas 2 stars. You gotta have a good coach and good quarterbacks. Texas' marquee programs have consistently missed on coaching hires and consistently watched their Heisman caliber QBs go elsewhere. Jimbo has a chance but has been getting SEC'd pretty hard if you watch their games - they will always be treated like a step-child in that conference. Watch Duncanville and North Shore in their OOS games this year - Texas HS football is just fine.

I feel HS Administration in So Florida are to blame. In NY and Cali, you HAVE to have a college degree to coach and in NY you have to have a teachers certification.
I'm pretty sure the head coach has to have a degree and certification in Florida. Assistants don't.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Seriously?
Yes our soflo coaches make ****. When I was Southridge both Cooneys pj and pop both taught classes there. I know a good amount of soflo hs coaches that care about money usually work for the school during the day

This is why so many south Florida kids are still so raw when they go to college. There’s only so many good coaches out there who are willing to essentially volunteer to coach at a public school.

Advertisement
They can be teachers with no degree?

I think most of them have degrees. I’m talking about head coaches.

At the same time, I’m not pretending to be an expert, I’m just talking about the coaches that I know of.

There are other people here that are coaches that actually have the exact information. I’m just basing it on what I know.

But I admit my knowledge is limited.

Maybe somebody can enlighten this thread.

By the way, right now, this is the best thread going on CIS, in terms of things that are relevant to the South Florida football scene, and the fact that this thread is really compelling based on that coach’s monologue. Whether you agree with him or not.

@gogeta4 and @Coach Macho should are the authority on this topic

I think most of them have degrees. I’m talking about head coaches.

At the same time, I’m not pretending to be an expert, I’m just talking about the coaches that I know of.

There are other people here that are coaches that actually have the exact information. I’m just basing it on what I know.

But I admit my knowledge is limited.

Maybe somebody can enlighten this thread.

By the way, right now, this is the best thread going on CIS, in terms of things that are relevant to the South Florida football scene, and the fact that this thread is really compelling based on that coach’s monologue. Whether you agree with him or not.

@gogeta4 and @Coach Macho should are the authority on this topic
Thanks for the input.

I know up here around the Birmingham metro are. The HC make over 100k. Our HS which is Thompson pays it's HC 130k a year almost. He is the AD as well.

Advertisement
Back