The End of the Striker position

KrazyCane

SAVAGE
Banned
Manny‘s Defensive scheme is trash it’s only better than D’onfrios by default. With that being said How will our defense look without the Striker position?

We need a defense that’s multiple and not running out of the same stupid looking formation every snap >>> I’m looking at u Manny 🤡. I want to see 4 LBers when needed, 4 CBs when needed, Two safeties and a Rover when needed.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
Advertisement
the play caller is the problem. We also play way more zone than we did when manny was DC, partly because of baker's tendencies but also because of CB talent

Manny goes back to calling plays and gets baker out or let's him play on the sideline somewhere idc, and his more traditional man concepts, we'll be fine

Advertisement
we're #1 in takeaways in the power 5 since it's debuted. Might be dumb but are we implying that the players don't like it and it didn't help change the culture of forcing turnovers? because if so, you're way off base
It kind of lost its mystique the last 3 years. It was fun as **** when we were whipping ND and VT and forcing a **** ton of turnovers.

The 7-6, 6-7, and then the lack of turnovers this year just kinda ruined it.

Got no problem with the position but to stay in it when teams go heavy set seems inflexible and counterproductive.. Frierson is not a LB and shouldnt be in the box if they are double TE or something similar..

It kind of lost its mystique the last 3 years. It was fun as **** when we were whipping ND and VT and forcing a **** ton of turnovers.

I think people don't understand that when you play madden and you choose KC offense there's a difference between how someone like mark richt would call the plays and someone like andy reid would call the plays

baker calls a similar defense to manny, NOT the same

and he sure as **** doesn't call plays when and where needed like manny did

people lumping them together or assuming it's manny's scheme that's failing don't understand how football works

Advertisement
Manny‘s Defensive scheme is trash it’s only better than D’onfrios by default. With that being said How will our defense look without the Striker position?

We need a defense that’s multiple and not running out of the same stupid looking formation every snap >>> I’m looking at u Manny 🤡. I want to see 4 LBers when needed, 4 CBs when needed, Two safeties and a Rover when needed.

Thoughts?
Ohio st just played 4 LB's against Alabama how did that work out? In todays pass happy game you better have someone to cover the backs and TE's out of the backfield (mismatch) thus the striker or whatever anybody calls it was created. I am not defending the scheme. Just pointing out everybody has a version of the striker. More talent like say at LB might help instead of always being out of position.

Advertisement
I think people don't understand that when you play madden and you choose KC offense there's a difference between how someone like mark richt would call the plays and someone like andy reid would call the plays

baker calls a similar defense to manny, NOT the same

and he sure as **** doesn't call plays when and where needed like manny did

people lumping them together or assuming it's manny's scheme that's failing don't understand how football works
I’ve been one of the biggest advocates all year saying this isn’t the same as what Manny ran as DC. It’s similar but there’s not nearly as much pressure or man coverage. A lot more stunts and “exotic” looks.

We go through a stint every game where we run what we used to and it looks good. Just like OK St when we got down 21-0 then started bringing pressure and worked our way back in. Then we revert

Manny just lined them up and brought the house and it worked.

It’s been a dud since 2017 IMO. It was special that year, and actually meant something.

I’d equate it to a really funny story or joke that everyone loves when you first tell them, but then you keep telling and telling it and ruin it.

Advertisement
Back