The End of NSD

Jermaine Grace continues to show why he's my favorite recruit in the class. I could only wish he'd wear #11.

Artie will probably be the highest drafted player, with some competition from AQM, but Grace just reminds me of the guys I watched growing up.

Advertisement
Maybe it's just me, but every NSD around this time I get over all of the disappointment, bad rumors, fuzzy local TV streams, and board meltdowns.

As the sun sets, it's time to look back and appreciate that these kids didn't listen to the crap being spewed by the outside world. Instead, they made the choice to fulfill their dreams and join the U. History will remember that they were part of the return of the glory. And that is a beautiful thing.

Sorry bro, but seriously.... why do so many of you feel the need to try to turn this in to something positive?

The fact its, this signing day was a massive fail.

It is what it is.

Just hold the people responsible accountable, and that way we'll improve. Al Golden didn't get it done on signing day. If he can win without the stud 5 star type kids, hey great. If he can't, he isn't the man for the job.

However, it's time to realize it's year 3 in this ordeal, and if Al Golden can't get it done now, he'll probably never be the guy to get it done here in Miami.

Maybe it's just me, but every NSD around this time I get over all of the disappointment, bad rumors, fuzzy local TV streams, and board meltdowns.

As the sun sets, it's time to look back and appreciate that these kids didn't listen to the crap being spewed by the outside world. Instead, they made the choice to fulfill their dreams and join the U. History will remember that they were part of the return of the glory. And that is a beautiful thing.

Sorry bro, but seriously.... why do so many of you feel the need to try to turn this in to something positive?

It is what it is.

Just hold the people responsible accountable, and that way we'll improve. Al Golden didn't get it done on signing day. If he can win without the stud 5 star type kids, hey great. If he can't, he isn't the man for the job.

However, it's time to realize it's year 3 in this ordeal, and if Al Golden can't get it done now, he'll probably never be the guy to get it done here in Miami.

Not your regular ol' year 3, no? Might want to take note of that. Or, not. Either way.

It is what it is.

Not your regular ol' year 3, no? Might want to take note of that. Or, not. Either way.

Think about that for a minute. This coming year (year 3), Al Golden won't have any suspensions to deal with, he won't have any scholarship reductions, and no bowl bans.

Most of the starters will be his recruits, and if they aren't, he's had 3 years to change that and hasn't produced.

So, actually, this is the perfect year to judge Al Golden, Mark D'Onofrio, and every other member of this staff.

I'm not on the "fire Al Golden" band wagon, but neither am I on the "Al just gets it" bandwagon either after today.

This season will decide it for me, as it should for any thinking Hurricane fan.

Miami in 2013 had better look like the MIAMI ******* HURRICANES or else Al Golden is not the guy.

Last edited:

It is what it is.

NCAA scared away alot of these guys, nothing Al could do man, judge him after the sanctions or lack there of are laid out. If he is still missing on local 5* kids then you can say that.

Advertisement

It is what it is.

NCAA scared away alot of these guys, nothing Al could do man, judge him after the sanctions or lack there of are laid out. If he is still missing on local 5* kids then you can say that.

I'm not really in to the idea of giving people free passes until the NCAA finishes its 10 year investigation. Either Al gets it done or he doesn't. I don't believe the investigation had that much effect.

Matthew Thomas, Alex Collins, etc did NOT mention the NCAA in any of their interviews that I saw justifying their decisions.

I'm worried that Al Golden does not relate to South Florida black kids. Tell me I'm wrong.

It is what it is.

I'm not really in to the idea of giving people free passes until the NCAA finishes its 10 year investigation. Either Al gets it done or he doesn't. I don't believe the investigation had that much effect.

Matthew Thomas, Alex Collins, etc did NOT mention the NCAA in any of their interviews that I saw justifying their decisions.

I'm worried that Al Golden does not relate to South Florida black kids. Tell me I'm wrong.

Alex Collins once said in an interview that the "only thing wrong with Miami" was the threat of additional sanctions resulting from the NCAA investigation.

But that is just one inconsistency in the otherwise terrible 100 posts you have made tonight.

Advertisement
Got a guy more or less saying saying 'prove it' about investigations--that would penalize us schollies--having an effect on our recruiting class, when we self-imposed a limitation of taking 15 players today. Do believe I've seen it all.

Last edited:
I love our new crew. I think Olsen is going to be a serious player for us but I have to say it.
He looks like he is the other 15 commits' prag.

It is what it is.

Think about that for a minute. This coming year (year 3), Al Golden won't have any suspensions to deal with, he won't have any scholarship reductions, and no bowl bans.

Most of the starters will be his recruits, and if they aren't, he's had 3 years to change that and hasn't produced.

So, actually, this is the perfect year to judge Al Golden, Mark D'Onofrio, and every other member of this staff.

I'm not on the "fire Al Golden" band wagon, but neither am I on the "Al just gets it" bandwagon either after today.

Miami in 2013 had better look like the MIAMI ****ing HURRICANES or else Al Golden is not the guy.

What a clown. Golden won't have to deal with suspensions, scholarship reductions, or bowl bans like he's done since stepping on campus after the previous regime ran the entire program into the ground and this is what you call a normal 3 years?

Golden stepped in and had one month to salvage the first recruiting class which was nothing short a GD failure. There was zero depth at any position because the previous regime had no clue how to develop players. Golden then gets the entire NCAA shytstorm dropped on him and ever since he's been hauling in studs with both arms tied behind his back and you diss him and claim this is year? Let's not forget that Golden took over a very top heavy roster and also had to kick cancers to the curb. After year #1 the majority of anything resembling talent left and that talent went 5-7????

You either stupid or a troll...

It is what it is.

Miami in 2013 had better look like the MIAMI ****ing HURRICANES or else Al Golden is not the guy.

What a clown. Golden won't have to deal with suspensions, scholarship reductions, or bowl bans like he's done since stepping on campus after the previous regime ran the entire program into the ground and this is what you call a normal 3 years?

Golden stepped in and had one month to salvage the first recruiting class which was nothing short a GD failure. There was zero depth at any position because the previous regime had no clue how to develop players. Golden then gets the entire NCAA shytstorm dropped on him and ever since he's been hauling in studs with both arms tied behind his back and you diss him and claim this is year? Let's not forget that Golden took over a very top heavy roster and also had to kick cancers to the curb. After year #1 the majority of anything resembling talent left and that talent went 5-7????

You either stupid or a troll...

Or maybe the local coaches just don't like him. Gatewood and Ice come to mind. What's the problem there? Golden had all year to win those coaches over. Why didn't it happen?

Advertisement
LOL. Now you're all "why doesn't Ice like Al?". Probably because he fired him and he has an obvious axe to grind. I swear you must be Skip Bayless. We should just change your username to EmbraceDebate.

LOL. Now you're all "why doesn't Ice like Al?". Probably because he fired him and he has an obvious axe to grind. I swear you must be Skip Bayless. We should just change your username to EmbraceDebate.

Well now we didn't get Thomas or Kirkland because of it. Who gets hurt by that? Miami does. Ice doesn't suffer a **** thing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back