"The Edward Reed Recruiting offices".

Advertisement
This comment is moronic and based on absolutely nothing short of small logic and a small brain.

Blake James said specifically "we expect Ed to be around here a lot."

Speaking with nothing to back it up isn't a great look.
Listen to Ed Reeds press conference

Seems like he wants to be involve with his son life in Atlanta. This position gives him the flexibility to travel back and forth from Miami to Atlanta as he please. Hopefully he eventually joins the coaching staff.
Very true but I would take Ed as a part time coach over Patke as a full time coach!

Advertisement
Unless Ed doesn’t want the full time job. He must be sitting on a conservative 1 million, and probably closer to 15-20. Assuming that’s true, then he’s not doing any of this for income. Just love for his school. Assuming all this is accurate, then he may like the freedom of the part time work and the ability to use himself strategically.

I agree, I just don't think he has the desire to do a full time gig at this point in his life, I can't blame him.

Advertisement
Batboner.gif

Advertisement
Here's the justifiable explanation (in general, not speaking to Patke specifically): If you are known in coaching circles as a guy who fires people regularly, it's going to be that much more difficult to hire to your staff.

Who wants to work for a business when it's well-known they're quick to fire?

Same reason an AD shouldn't fire an HC after one year. You have a reputation as a boss and college coaching is a tight circle.
Yeah, if you're canning guys every year for no reason, but there's no downside to clearing out guys who have little history to show they can do better and aren't performing right now. There wasn't anyone on staff last year who was so accomplished and performed so well that an outsider wouldn't have understood firing them.

Advertisement
That sounds much closer to right on the absolute low end. Dude probably made $80-90 million over his career. Uncle Sam takes a huge cut, then there's whatever state and local taxes. He'd still have to blow a stupid amount of money and/or invest very poorly.

Maybe he gave Nevin some money for his "business?"
Looked up his net worth and at least one website puts its at 12 million (who knows if it’s accurate). But if Ed is earning even 5 percent interest per year with nothing but annuities and extremely safe investments, he’s still bringing home $600,000 and keeping 400k after taxes. No need for a full time job.

Advertisement
Back