"The Edward Reed Recruiting offices".

Advertisement
It should be a Federal crime if we don't hire him as a full time on field position coach at the end of this season.

There's no justifiable explanation to keep a dude like Patke on staff with a LEGEND, HOF'er, & brilliant Football mind like Reed's in an off field role.

That's the one thing that will bury Diaz in the long run, being so deathly attached to his Defensive coaches. **** not even Saban had as much loyalty to his position coaches & they were actually good coaches that can recruit too.

Have to always continue to evolve & improve, every single season if you don't go undefeated & win a Natty you should be reevaluating every aspect of your program seeing exactly what you need to do to change & get better. That's a commitment to excellence, consistently rewarding mediocrity by both coaches & players only leads to failure.

One of these days if he's gonna stay the HC for longer than 3 years, he's gonna have to come to terms with the fact that some of his boys on this staff ain't cutting it & need to be replaced.
Unless Ed doesn’t want the full time job. He must be sitting on a conservative 1 million, and probably closer to 15-20. Assuming that’s true, then he’s not doing any of this for income. Just love for his school. Assuming all this is accurate, then he may like the freedom of the part time work and the ability to use himself strategically.

Advertisement
Unless Ed doesn’t want the full time job.
He said in his presser he wanted to be a Dad so I could see this being the case (for a while). Diaz should be in his ear telling him they’d make it happen when he was ready.

Verbal warning. Ignore poster vs possible thread derailment.
^^^^^

This is when you know someone is working way too hard trying to shoehorn Trump into an unrelated conversation.

And a comment on something like this shows what a dikcheese the commenting poster is.

Door handles at the White House like these would add to the overall appeal of the White House. I'm upping my standard - up yours!

And if you don't like it, you can pucker up and french kiss my a$$.

Advertisement
It should be a Federal crime if we don't hire him as a full time on field position coach at the end of this season.

There's no justifiable explanation to keep a dude like Patke on staff with a LEGEND, HOF'er, & brilliant Football mind like Reed's in an off field role.

Here's the justifiable explanation (in general, not speaking to Patke specifically): If you are known in coaching circles as a guy who fires people regularly, it's going to be that much more difficult to hire to your staff.

Who wants to work for a business when it's well-known they're quick to fire?

Same reason an AD shouldn't fire an HC after one year. You have a reputation as a boss and college coaching is a tight circle.

He said in his presser he wanted to be a Dad so I could see this being the case (for a while). Diaz should be in his ear telling him they’d make it happen when he was ready.

Yeah, but I think he's only mentioned one kid, who is like 11 or 13. Before long the kid is going to want to do his own thing.

Unless Ed doesn’t want the full time job. He must be sitting on a conservative 1 million, and probably closer to 15-20. Assuming that’s true, then he’s not doing any of this for income. Just love for his school. Assuming all this is accurate, then he may like the freedom of the part time work and the ability to use himself strategically.

If he's sitting on only a million he has the worst financial planner on earth and probably blew a TREMENDOUS amount of money on strippers.

Ed's smart. He's no T.O.

Advertisement
I meant a conservative 10 million.

That sounds much closer to right on the absolute low end. Dude probably made $80-90 million over his career. Uncle Sam takes a huge cut, then there's whatever state and local taxes. He'd still have to blow a stupid amount of money and/or invest very poorly.

Maybe he gave Nevin some money for his "business?"

It might excite the fanbase, but I honestly doubt Reed’s position willl be that meaningful.
tenor - 2020-02-19T222700.843.gif

Advertisement

That's the one thing that will bury Diaz in the long run, being so deathly attached to his Defensive coaches. **** not even Saban had as much loyalty to his position coaches & they were actually good coaches that can recruit too.

Have to always continue to evolve & improve, every single season if you don't go undefeated & win a Natty you should be reevaluating every aspect of your program seeing exactly what you need to do to change & get better. That's a commitment to excellence, consistently rewarding mediocrity by both coaches & players only leads to failure.

One of these days if he's gonna stay the HC for longer than 3 years, he's gonna have to come to terms with the fact that some of his boys on this staff ain't cutting it & need to be replaced.

unless his kid moves to miami, he wont be taking a full time job here

And based on what hypothetical scenario do you come up with this conclusion?

This is the same stupid premise that some other clown tried to argue Reed would only be working a few hours a week, based on absolutely nothing.

He'll be crazy helpful in the film room and practice, and really resonate with parents in recruiting. Not only has he made it at every level, he's well-spoken, respectful, has great values and kept his nose clean.

There is a certain cheerleader uh i mean coach that could be let go to make room. Miami can keep him on as a bartender or something

Advertisement
Back