"The Edward Reed Recruiting offices".

Advertisement
Lol. You don’t have to try to spin a contrarian angle on everything. If you have the replacement (Reed) ready and set to take over for one of the humps on staff, explain to me how that would make it difficult to hire a replacement.

There is a justifiable explanation. That's all I was saying, and indicated I wasn't trying to speak to that instance, specifically.

For anyone but corporate executives (who are federally required to report the bulk of their wealth, for most, via SEC Form 10-K), yes. For someone like many CEO's, for instance, not really, because you can easily tabulate the majority of their compensation over the history of the position.

The major caveats being inherited wealth, privately sold businesses or other private investments. Further, it would be extremely difficult to compensate for private debts.

I used to create net worth balance sheets for the ultra-rich. They always have more money than you think.

You would know a lot more about this topic than me then, but regardless I full agree. I am even wary about using them for CEOs for the reasons you named, but I would be more likely to believe their numbers for them, than anyone else.

LOL this statement is borderline racist. There are plenty of players who didn't blow their money. Reed doesn't strike me as the the kind of guy who needs three Bentley's.

how is this borderline racist? while many players have been good with money, are you saying that there haven’t been a lot who haven’t been?

how is this borderline racist? while many players have been good with money, are you saying that there haven’t been a lot who haven’t been?

1) There is observation bias toward those who haven't been. It makes for a more interesting story than "guy who made a bunch of money is rich."
2) How many stories about the ones who did lose all their money are white guys?

Advertisement
You would know a lot more about this topic than me then, but regardless I full agree. I am even wary about using them for CEOs for the reasons you named, but I would be more likely to believe their numbers for them, than anyone else.

The problem more than anything to me is these sites state that **** like it's a fact. Sure, it usually says "estimated" net worth. But the margin of error is so significant (slash the actual available information is so little) that you might as well throw a number at a wall and hope it sticks.

The problem more than anything to me is these sites state that **** like it's a fact. Sure, it usually says "estimated" net worth. But the margin of error is so significant (slash the actual available information is so little) that you might as well throw a number at a wall and hope it sticks.

Not just that, but your average Joe treats it as 100% fact. You will be arguing with someone and they drop "well they are actually worth X amount of dollars according to this website". Then when you tell them its BS, they call you a liar or a hater lmao.

Not just that, but your average Joe treats it as 100% fact. You will be arguing with someone and they drop "well they are actually worth X amount of dollars according to this website". Then when you tell them its BS, they call you a liar or a hater lmao.

Well, I mean, at that point you're just speaking to the general battle in America of "I think it, so it's a fact, and to **** with your evidence."

1) There is observation bias toward those who haven't been. It makes for a more interesting story than "guy who made a bunch of money is rich."
2) How many stories about the ones who did lose all their money are white guys?

1) how many stories are out there at all about people who made a ton of money and are still rich?

that’s not a story.

2) who are you referring to? Chise stated “football players”, so if a white player lost his fortune he qualifies under his statement.

Advertisement
1) how many stories are out there at all about people who made a ton of money and are still rich?

that’s not a story.

2) who are you referring to? Chise stated “football players”, so if a white player lost his fortune he qualifies under his statement.

1) Exactly. Observation bias.

2) Football players. This is part of the borderline racism.

I'm not calling Franchise a racist by any means. I'm pointing out that 1) the majority of football players are not white, and 2) every time you hear that story, it's never about a white guy.

1) Exactly. Observation bias.

2) Football players. This is part of the borderline racism.

I'm not calling Franchise a racist by any means. I'm pointing out that 1) the majority of football players are not white, and 2) every time you hear that story, it's never about a white guy.

1) I dont understand your argument. When anyone blows tens of millions it’s a story. When they continue to be successful and keep their wealth, it’s not a story. They aren’t going to put out articles “Chris Carter is still wealthy”.

2) you just admitted majority of players are black. Math says the chances of a black player going broke is higher, just off your admitted numbers. Again, chise made a blanket statement that had nothing to do with race. And again, I ask you where the lack of coverage of the white player is?

1) I dont understand your argument. When anyone blows tens of millions it’s a story. When they continue to be successful and keep their wealth, it’s not a story. They aren’t going to put out articles “Chris Carter is still wealthy”.

2) you just admitted majority of players are black. Math says the chances of a black player going broke is higher, just off your admitted numbers. Again, chise made a blanket statement that had nothing to do with race. And again, I ask you where the lack of coverage of the white player is?

1) Dude. Look up "observation bias." When you are more like to observe something because it's more interesting than the statistical reality, you are biased to thinking the more interesting story is more common than it is. Your logic amounts to this:

"I heard about three plane crashes last year. Planes must crash all the time." Statistically, they almost never do. But because you hear about it WHEN THEY DO, you think it's more common than it is.

"Math says chances of a black player going broke is higher" is not factually correct by any means. Just because non-whites make up the majority of players does not, at all, mean statistically that non-white players are more likely to go broke. It's a gross oversimplification.

2) What the actual **** do you mean "where the lack of coverage of the white player is?" Are you asking me to find something that doesn't exist?

Again I am failing to see your first point. You bring up plane crShes. Why would they report on planes that don’t crash? Plane crash = multi millionaire losing money. Why would a successful flight make any news cast?

and 2, if you are saying whites are more likely to lose money, then show me where. It’s simple. you obviously know of examples or you wouldn’t be saying this. Again, I’m not knighting for this but I just want proof of chises statement being racist.

Advertisement
LOL this statement is borderline racist. There are plenty of players who didn't blow their money. Reed doesn't strike me as the the kind of guy who needs three Bentley's.
You assuming that my comment on the well-known fact that NFL players (not just black ones) go broke at an alarming rate had anything to do with race makes you the racist. And a dimwit to boot.

that’s not a story.

Must be one of the young goofballs who is always looking for an angle to start idiotic racial bullshyt. Ever heard of Marc Brunell?

You assuming that my comment on the well-known fact that NFL players (not just black ones) go broke at an alarming rate had anything to do with race makes you the racist. And a dimwit to boot.

You assuming that it's a fact makes you uneducated and presumptuous. Where is your supporting data that NFL bankruptcies happen at a higher rate than normal? Why don't you go do some research instead of just assuming that an organization that is predominantly non-white has higher rates of financial distress than normal citizens?

That's the racism, right there bud. But go ahead, point the finger at me, because you are making assumptions that you haven't supported and called them facts.

Next thing you're gonna say is that rappers have higher rates of bankruptcy than country singers, and also say that's not racist, based on just what you read in the news with zero research into the topic at hand.

I take it you have no idea what observation bias means either. But I'm the "dimwit."

Advertisement
You assuming that it's a fact makes you uneducated and presumptuous. Where is your supporting data that NFL bankruptcies happen at a higher rate than normal? Why don't you go do some research instead of just assuming that an organization that is predominantly non-white has higher rates of financial distress than normal citizens?

That's the racism, right there bud. But go ahead, point the finger at me, because you are making assumptions that you haven't supported and called them facts.

Next thing you're gonna say is that rappers have higher rates of bankruptcy than country singers, and also say that's not racist, based on just what you read in the news with zero research into the topic at hand.

I take it you have no idea what observation bias means either. But I'm the "dimwit."
Uneducated??....Lol....Some Uneducated..We should all be so Uneducated then....

Uneducated??....Lol....Some Uneducated..We should all be so Uneducated then....
Thanks, bro. This dude’s probably fresh out of college thinking he knows it all. I get a kick out of these little wet-behind-the-ears know it all dopes.

The nerve of this dope calling The Legend a racist because I said football players are bad with money. These young clowns run around with their ears up like rabbits looking for some social justice cause that doesn’t exist. Poor fckers have been brainwashed and polluted by all the fake causes and fake outrage out there.

Thanks, bro. This dude’s probably fresh out of college thinking he knows it all. I get a kick out of these little wet-behind-the-ears know it all dopes.

The nerve of this dope calling The Legend a racist because I said football players are bad with money. These young clowns run around with their ears up like rabbits looking for some social justice cause that doesn’t exist. Poor fckers have been brainwashed and polluted by all the fake causes and fake outrage out there.
Lol....I hear ya...and I have similar beliefs...
The SECOND they pull out the race card...I show them my TWO tattoos of Black Americans on my leg...that pretty much shuts them tf up....

Advertisement
Back