The Dobard fumble was SOOO crucial

We go from crossing mid-field, driving towards more points, and quite possibly ending the 3rd quarter with the football...

...to them having the ball again and going down to get points.

Man that was a BRUTAL mistake at that point in the game.

It was right after Northrup made a TFL on Duke in the backfield that got them jacked up and that would have brought them right back down to earth and kept them on the field as we ground out yards, chewed up clock, and wore them down.

That had all the makings of an "answer drive" and it got fumbled away.

That's when I knew we were going to lose.

Advertisement
We go from crossing mid-field, driving towards more points, and quite possibly ending the 3rd quarter with the football...

...to them having the ball again and going down to get points.

Man that was a BRUTAL mistake at that point in the game.

It was right after Northrup made a TFL on Duke in the backfield that got them jacked up and that would have brought them right back down to earth and kept them on the field as we ground out yards, chewed up clock, and wore them down.

That had all the makings of an "answer drive" and it got fumbled away.

That's when I knew we were going to lose.

honestly after looking at Kaaya as the 3rd quarter just ended, was when I knew we were going to lose. And ppl on here dont want to see that but its true.

Advertisement
There was another game this year (Neb or NC) when I saw Dobard catch the ball and he wasn't protecting it. It's the little things that if you don't correct, can come pack to haunt you.

This team is mentally weak...lets see if they hold up against UVA

As much as some want to rag on Duke at times, he always has the ball in the correct hand, there are several times where he goes back and fourth even dependent on where he feels the defender.

Agree with JohnsonsHair the deflection was when I knew we were in trouble. I swear I've never seen a team with such a great run of good-fortune than FSU this year.
Clemson chokes the win
ND gets flagged to lose
Miami deflection and no-call on the O'Leary fumble

As much as some want to rag on Duke at times, he always has the ball in the correct hand, there are several times where he goes back and fourth even dependent on where he feels the defender.

Agree with JohnsonsHair the deflection was when I knew we were in trouble. I swear I've never seen a team with such a great run of good-fortune than FSU this year.
Clemson chokes the win
ND gets flagged to lose
Miami deflection and no-call on the O'Leary fumble

Reminds me of Auburn last year and Ohio State 2002

Advertisement
I noticed after Walford TD Golden telling him something about taking his helmet off and after that they went away from him why ? Walford was the mismatch....why golden why?

What hurts the most is that after the first strip attempt he covers the ball with both arms temporarily only to remove the second arm and get strip immediately after.

Advertisement
The sad part is, for some reason as soon as he caught the ball I had the feeling he was gonna fumble

me too....my boy who's a FSU fan was like, it don't matter b/c he's holding the ball like Walford when he fumbled, now watch....and literally 3 secs later he fumbled. it brought the energy out of the stadium and gave FSU that hope.

The sad part is, for some reason as soon as he caught the ball I had the feeling he was gonna fumble

me too....my boy who's a FSU fan was like, it don't matter b/c he's holding the ball like Walford when he fumbled, now watch....and literally 3 secs later he fumbled. it brought the energy out of the stadium and gave FSU that hope.
I think I literally yelled out "don't fumble" the second he started running with the ball. Just something about the way he was holding the ball -- you could see it coming a mile away. My jimmies are still rustled.

Advertisement
Question, Did Miami still have the lead after Dobard fumbled?

Yes. Up 23-17. We were driving back after they had just scored. Dobard killed us there.

okay so the answer is yes which means that this entire thread is nothing but some sort of pathetic attempt to make excuses over an individual play that didnt lose us the game by itself.

If we go up 2 scores we don't lose that game.. It wasn't the only play that cost us, but it was huge..

Question, Did Miami still have the lead after Dobard fumbled?

Yes. Up 23-17. We were driving back after they had just scored. Dobard killed us there.

okay so the answer is yes which means that this entire thread is nothing but some sort of pathetic attempt to make excuses over an individual play that didnt lose us the game by itself.

“we missed chip shot field goals and tackles, had two key fumbles and TD drops. But hey, let’s just overlook that since if only half those things happen (which in no way fall on coaches) we win no matter how “conservative” the game plan got.”
Post like these make a lot of sense and ring true……
until… you realize thats been said every year and after every loss. We always crap away a game. Either a penalty, a turnover, a bad call, missed tackle, missed block, bad coaching.
We coach scared from the top and we play scared and it shows up. But we stay blaming the players…. 4 years of this same crap for a team who is highly talented and has bought in completely.
al does not deserve another year. we dont need to play a perfect game to beat fsu because they, like every team makes mistakes too. difference is, their coach kept their foot on the gas and ours went into a shell and tried to ease into a win with a small lead.
We will never win a big game in the clutch with this guy.
wish we would stop blaming our players. its annoying.

Advertisement
Back