The Dobard fumble was SOOO crucial

jerzeycane

All-ACC
We go from crossing mid-field, driving towards more points, and quite possibly ending the 3rd quarter with the football...

...to them having the ball again and going down to get points.

Man that was a BRUTAL mistake at that point in the game.

It was right after Northrup made a TFL on Duke in the backfield that got them jacked up and that would have brought them right back down to earth and kept them on the field as we ground out yards, chewed up clock, and wore them down.

That had all the makings of an "answer drive" and it got fumbled away.

Last edited:
Advertisement
two hands in traffic! that changed the game. We would've gone up 10.
The talent is there. The kids laid an egg flat out. We can blame coaches, but these players had COSTLY turnovers.

The talent is there. The kids laid an egg flat out. We can blame coaches, but these players had COSTLY turnovers.

I'm watching the 2nd half now and the game plan to open the 3rd Quarter (opposed to what Herbie was talking about upstairs), was perfect IMO.

We gained their respect in the first half and they HAD to back up or get gashed again, which they did.

First series to open the half, Kaaya misses Coley down the sideline on 3rd and 10.

2nd series is the fumble. (We were running the ball with success)

3rd series is where Duke goes for 28 down the sideline.

The questionable play calling and where you could call the coaches to the carpet are for 3 sets of downs.

1) The set of plays that resulted in kicking the FG (ran on 1st down against a stacked line and their best players)

2) The 3 and out in the next series (Ran at another stacked line)

3) The set of downs that wound up in the interception (Terrible Concept on 4th Down)

Once FSU made the adjustment to the run game, we screwed the pooch and didn't readjust back to attacking down field. We needed one more big chunk play to win.

I can't stomach myself to watch the 2nd half

I watched the 1st half to hear fowler and herb **** ride us and our fans talking about it feels like were in little Havana in the OB again but at halftime I stopped it.

The sad part is, for some reason as soon as he caught the ball I had the feeling he was gonna fumble

Advertisement
The sad part is, for some reason as soon as he caught the ball I had the feeling he was gonna fumble
I was yelling at the tv for him to hold the ball as soon as he started running. From the get go, it looked like he never had a firm grip on the ball.

tied for the most frustrating play of the game for me, you could see it wasn't secure i was screaming go down go down at the TV then he fumbled. i couldn't look at the TV for a few plays after that.

Advertisement

I'm watching the 2nd half now and the game plan to open the 3rd Quarter (opposed to what Herbie was talking about upstairs), was perfect IMO.

We gained their respect in the first half and they HAD to back up or get gashed again, which they did.

First series to open the half, Kaaya misses Coley down the sideline on 3rd and 10.

2nd series is the fumble. (We were running the ball with success)

3rd series is where Duke goes for 28 down the sideline.

The questionable play calling and where you could call the coaches to the carpet are for 3 sets of downs.

1) The set of plays that resulted in kicking the FG (ran on 1st down against a stacked line and their best players)

2) The 3 and out in the next series (Ran at another stacked line)

3) The set of downs that wound up in the interception (Terrible Concept on 4th Down)

Once FSU made the adjustment to the run game, we screwed the pooch and didn't readjust back to attacking down field. We needed one more big chunk play to win.

Correct .... Said it over and over and over but cant get into these peoples heads ....

Walford also fumbled, several key penalties & 4 pts in kicking game. We need a kicker. Add it up.

Advertisement
Every missed opportunity is crucial when you LOSE. There were plenty of opportunity to still win the game but Coaching and QB play did us in.

Advertisement
We needed a play a near flawless game to win and we didn't, simple as that

FSU is not that good... we just had to make one big play the entire 2nd half and didnt.

We did what at least three other teams have done to them this year: take a lead into halftime and then fold. Does that put us in select company?

F$U is a better than average team. They have corches too, but our corches are worse than their corches. They are who I thought they were.

We needed a play a near flawless game to win and we didn't, simple as that

FSU is not that good... we just had to make one big play the entire 2nd half and didnt.

We did what at least three other teams have done to them this year: take a lead into halftime and then fold. Does that put us in select company?

F$U is a better than average team. They have corches too, but our corches are worse than their corches. They are who I thought they were.

I agree its hard to have moral victory over this when every team played FSU the same way in the 1st half to fold in the 2nd. It makes me believe that all we were doing was playing into Jimbo Fishers hand the entire time.

During the half time interview he wasnt worried at all, he knew they were winning the game. We had a bye week and still played scared to death of them in the 2nd smh.

it was the biggest one with the Berrios drop a close second, we obviously needed 1 more td badly in this game, we scored 23 points in the first 18 minutes and got shutdown

There was another game this year (Neb or NC) when I saw Dobard catch the ball and he wasn't protecting it. It's the little things that if you don't correct, can come pack to haunt you.

Advertisement
Back