The Culture Part Will Take Time

Watch them. It's pretty much the same stuff we saw. FWIW, Jarren Williams tossed 6 TDs under him. We also saw Enos **** the bed against FIU and others. I think you're trying to oversimplify a problem that has many sides (the point of this thread).
Pretty much the same is not the same.

Does our culture suck? Sure. Is Cristobal a disciplinarian? No he isnt. So how is he going to change the culture?

Mario missed on both coordinators. Plain and simple. He was given the money needed to go get who he wanted. Also had TVD to sale to offensive coordinators. He came away with gattis. Miami is not Michigan and does not recruit Michigan style players.

Im pulling for Mario. If he doesnt go to a modern offense his time here will be worse than goldens or mannys.

Advertisement
They're two separate things Mario has to solve for at the same time. I agree.
Scoring points and winning games helps change a culture a **** of a lot faster than getting monkey stomped by a G5 school. He needs to do what it takes to win, first and foremost, then the culture will change a heck of a lot easier. Nothing is going to change for the better with losing games like this.

Did he or did he not win the Broyles Award? I'm dealing with facts that can't be disputed... you're dealing with emotions and opinions.

I'd rather be me in this discussion. I do enjoy a nice gif though. Keep it up.
When i think innovative offense i dont think of Michigan.

Golden won recruiter of the year. Awards dont mean youre top tier.

We finished 7 spots behind Michigan last year. Gattis was not a upgrade or top tier.

They're two separate things Mario has to solve for at the same time. I agree.
He’s gonna have to earn every bit of that big contract. Long term issues will take time as was said, but the season is on the line in two weeks. He needs to do whatever necessary to win. I’d like to think motivation and effort won’t be a problem as it clearly was Saturday.

Advertisement
I don’t want to hear any more about changing the culture and how it’s gonna take forever to do it.

These coaches are getting paid a ton of money to put the players in a position to succeed AND to motivate them to do their jobs correctly. They are failing, in an epic way, at their core tasks.

Mario may be able to recruit his way out of this and turn it around, as others have suggested. Maybe, maybe not. But let’s not kid ourselves here. He is getting paid millions to come in and get guys to do thing his way—the right way.

If his staff can’t get the players focused, motivated, and in position to succeed against the MTSUs of the world, then they’re just doing a bad job. Period. Don’t even talk to me about toxic culture or jags left over for the last regime.

Have you ever managed other people at your job? Think about your employees. When have you EVER been able to get another man "focused and motivated?" It doesn't happen. I've never seen it happen in all my years. Maybe in short spurts here and there, but never in any kind of lasting way.

A person is either motivated on their own, or they aren't. If they aren't, you cut ties and fill the spot with someone who is motivated.

The coach's job is to give the players the tools they need to succeed. The player's job is to swim and not sink. The failure is on the players, not the coaches.

But now the coaches need to start managing out some of these bums from the roster. And I believe they will.

When i think innovative offense i dont think of Michigan.

Golden won recruiter of the year. Awards dont mean youre top tier.

We finished 7 spots behind Michigan last year. Gattis was not a upgrade or top tier.

How innovative does the offense have to be to beat Middle ******* Tennessee?

That's where you're losing me with this being a scheme thing. IMO we should be able to run a high school offense and still whip that team.

If Miami players were out there giving it everything they had but still lacked technique or the routes were bad etc, then I'd be all up in that trench with you. But what I saw was a **** poor effort from just about everyone on that field, and so I don't even want to hear about schemes. We should be able to run the wing T and beat that bum team.

He’s gonna have to earn every bit of that big contract. Long term issues will take time as was said, but the season is on the line in two weeks. He needs to do whatever necessary to win. I’d like to think motivation and effort won’t be a problem as it clearly was Saturday.
This is the entire point of the thread. Thank you for understanding. Ha. Unfortunately, people either can't read or control their anger. All good. I can totally understand how ****ed most people are and should be.

Have you ever managed other people at your job? Think about your employees. When have you EVER been able to get another man "focused and motivated?" It doesn't happen. I've never seen it happen in all my years. Maybe in short spurts here and there, but never in any kind of lasting way.

A person is either motivated on their own, or they aren't. If they aren't, you cut ties and fill the spot with someone who is motivated.

The coach's job is to give the players the tools they need to succeed. The player's job is to swim and not sink. The failure is on the players, not the coaches.

But now the coaches need to start managing out some of these bums from the roster. And I believe they will.
Have you ever coached at any level?

Motivation of players is absolutely the coaches’ responsibility.

Coaches can’t just walk off the field after a bad loss and say, “Oh well, too bad I have players that aren’t motivated.”

Advertisement
How innovative does the offense have to be to beat Middle ******* Tennessee?

That's where you're losing me with this being a scheme thing. IMO we should be able to run a high school offense and still whip that team.

If Miami players were out there giving it everything they had but still lacked technique or the routes were bad etc, then I'd be all up in that trench with you. But what I saw was a **** poor effort from just about everyone on that field, and so I don't even want to hear about schemes. We should be able to run the wing T and beat that bum team.
That's on the coaches.

You think jimmy Johnson would allow that ****? **** no

Low effort. Sit your ***** *** on the bench. Next man up.

UCF was 0-12 the year before Frost took over. Year 2 they went undefeated and were legit National Title team, beat Auburn in Peach Bowl, only team to beat Bama that year.

Look at Heupel at TN, took over a 25 year dumpster fire. In year two he has them top 5 and lighting up the nation on offense….and he doesn’t even have the qb or talent he needs and wants.

Look at Lincoln Riley…..at USC which was a dumpster fire

It takes a good offensive mind to make quick turnaround and add culture in along the way.

Mario’s “Culture” is to “Work, grind it out….”etc. Those other guys cultures are about pace, details, speed of play, fun ****. And meticulous detail ON THE FIELD OF PLAY X’s and O’s

Advertisement
Have you ever coached at any level?

Motivation of players is absolutely the coaches’ responsibility.

Coaches can’t just walk off the field after a bad loss and say, “Oh well, too bad I have players that aren’t motivated.”

We're not gonna agree on that, but fair enough, I know where you stand and you gotta respect a man for that.

If there's some way to give motivation to others, I'd love to get my hands on that magic sauce. I could use it with my people. Cristobal can't hold a gun to their head if they don't perform. He can't write them checks when they do well. The only thing he can control is their playing time - and he did that when he pulled TVD. He needs to continue to use that leverage.

Otherwise, what's he gonna do? Bring in Ray Lewis to give them a motivational speech? That **** doesn't work. All he can do is lead by example, be transparent and let the players know where they stand with him at all times, and control their playing time. To me, he's done everything he can do.

I just see them as unmotivated, lazy bums. You can't fix that. All you can do is weed it out and replace those guys with other guys who refuse to lose no matter what.

That's on the coaches.

You think jimmy Johnson would allow that ****? **** no

Low effort. Sit your ***** *** on the bench. Next man up.

I agree with you there. He needs to do exactly that. Hold the players accountable in the moment they **** up or play with low effort, bench them and next man up. 100.

Advertisement
UCF was 0-12 the year before Frost took over. Year 2 they went undefeated and were legit National Title team, beat Auburn in Peach Bowl, only team to beat Bama that year.

Look at Heupel at TN, took over a 25 year dumpster fire. In year two he has them top 5 and lighting up the nation on offense….and he doesn’t even have the qb or talent he needs and wants.

Look at Lincoln Riley…..at USC which was a dumpster fire

It takes a good offensive mind to make quick turnaround and add culture in along the way.

Mario’s “Culture” is to “Work, grind it out….”etc. Those other guys cultures are about pace, details, speed of play, fun ****. And meticulous detail ON THE FIELD OF PLAY X’s and O’s
The thread BEGINS with:

"Revisiting this topic from the offseason because of how Mario needs to weave in optimizing what he currently has WHILE transforming the program's culture (over time). Those of us rooting for losses and more destruction are completely missing the mark this time, IMO."

He has to win with what he has WHILE transforming the culture. It was plainly stated and unedited.

Other than people seeing the word culture and overreacting, I'm really not sure why some have misunderstood. I do maintain I don't believe he made some egregious error with the defensive staff.

Advertisement
Back