@@@@@@ The Countdown Thread - Only 1 More Day @@@@@@

38.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement

This image will never get old. Old school Cane **** right here.

The whole defensive series on this drive was spectacular. I think Patrick Riley or Kenny Lopez (can't remember) blew up a play in the backfield on the play right before this one. I think Keith Jackson says something akin to "I haven't seen a defensive game like this in a long time." He had seen quite a bit of college football by then. I was just a kid, but even then I knew that Barrow's hit, our intensity, the craziness of the OB...was something special.

Advertisement
That Barrow hit gets a 15 yard penalty and he gets thrown out of game and FSU goes on to win the game if it was played today. and yeah a bunch of you will scream "that was a clean hit" I know it was. But Ive seen plenty of clean hits get a 15 yard flag the last few years. Face it, football is dying a slow death, it's not the same as it was 25 years ago, and it wont be the same in another 10-20 years.

That Barrow hit gets a 15 yard penalty and he gets thrown out of game and FSU goes on to win the game if it was played today. and yeah a bunch of you will scream "that was a clean hit" I know it was. But Ive seen plenty of clean hits get a 15 yard flag the last few years. Face it, football is dying a slow death, it's not the same as it was 25 years ago, and it wont be the same in another 10-20 years.

It wont die completely, it is just evolving into a patty cake sport. Since our country as a whole is on the same trajectory toward wussification, it will always be around.

Well, there were two options for the NFL and NCAA.

1 - Keep the game the exact same and eventually subject themselves to even more billion dollar class action lawsuits and even one day possible criminal prosecution once more players die from CTE.

2 - Adapt and try to curb the amount of head trauma players are subjected to, in the processing protecting themselves and in many ways saving the game of football.

I don't like seeing the big hits gone either, but would you rather have a watered down game or no game at all?

Advertisement
Advertisement

Well, there were two options for the NFL and NCAA.

1 - Keep the game the exact same and eventually subject themselves to even more billion dollar class action lawsuits and even one day possible criminal prosecution once more players die from CTE.

2 - Adapt and try to curb the amount of head trauma players are subjected to, in the processing protecting themselves and in many ways saving the game of football.

I don't like seeing the big hits gone either, but would you rather have a watered down game or no game at all?

Soon enough everyone is going to be using the Hawk tackling method.

Advertisement
Back