@@@@@@ The Countdown Thread - Only 1 More Day @@@@@@

tdcblog112209.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
That Barrow hit gets a 15 yard penalty and he gets thrown out of game and FSU goes on to win the game if it was played today. and yeah a bunch of you will scream "that was a clean hit" I know it was. But Ive seen plenty of clean hits get a 15 yard flag the last few years. Face it, football is dying a slow death, it's not the same as it was 25 years ago, and it wont be the same in another 10-20 years.

Well, there were two options for the NFL and NCAA.

1 - Keep the game the exact same and eventually subject themselves to even more billion dollar class action lawsuits and even one day possible criminal prosecution once more players die from CTE.

2 - Adapt and try to curb the amount of head trauma players are subjected to, in the processing protecting themselves and in many ways saving the game of football.

I don't like seeing the big hits gone either, but would you rather have a watered down game or no game at all?

Oh I know football does not want class action suits and even prosecution..... I would like to know how many concussions are in rugby? Or Aussie Rules? Those guys don't wear helmets. When you put a helmet on a guy he tends to maybe think he's invincible? Take the helmet away and there is less leading with the head, but I mean knees to the head, shoulders to the head all lead to brain trauma? No? Its a tough situation. Flag football can be exciting stuff??.?.?... Hockey is basically doing it, they skate around barely touching each other now. **** I read an article about soccer saying "heading" the ball causes damage. Boxing? UFC? I'm not saying it's right or wrong either way, I just think the men and women who play these sports need to take some responsibility in knowing what may or may not happen to them, and not turn around a sue people for their choices. They cannot play the sport to begin with or retire.....

View attachment 36940

Ottis Anderson the first great Cane to wear 47

It took a Playmaker to be worthy of Ottis' number. Anderson was unbelievable talent in a time when we had little. In NFL he was great as speed and elusive and then remade himself into big bruiser in later years. One of the old Canes who could have send any of our modern greats to the pine.

Advertisement
That Barrow hit gets a 15 yard penalty and he gets thrown out of game and FSU goes on to win the game if it was played today. and yeah a bunch of you will scream "that was a clean hit" I know it was. But Ive seen plenty of clean hits get a 15 yard flag the last few years. Face it, football is dying a slow death, it's not the same as it was 25 years ago, and it wont be the same in another 10-20 years.

Well, there were two options for the NFL and NCAA.

1 - Keep the game the exact same and eventually subject themselves to even more billion dollar class action lawsuits and even one day possible criminal prosecution once more players die from CTE.

2 - Adapt and try to curb the amount of head trauma players are subjected to, in the processing protecting themselves and in many ways saving the game of football.

I don't like seeing the big hits gone either, but would you rather have a watered down game or no game at all?

Oh I know football does not want class action suits and even prosecution..... I would like to know how many concussions are in rugby? Or Aussie Rules? Those guys don't wear helmets. When you put a helmet on a guy he tends to maybe think he's invincible? Take the helmet away and there is less leading with the head, but I mean knees to the head, shoulders to the head all lead to brain trauma? No? Its a tough situation. Flag football can be exciting stuff??.?.?... Hockey is basically doing it, they skate around barely touching each other now. **** I read an article about soccer saying "heading" the ball causes damage. Boxing? UFC? I'm not saying it's right or wrong either way, I just think the men and women who play these sports need to take some responsibility in knowing what may or may not happen to them, and not turn around a sue people for their choices. They cannot play the sport to begin with or retire.....

The three roughest, most popular sports played by a team in America have gone hard after the physicality angle.

Football
Hockey
Lacrosse- Fastest growing sport in the country currently. Kids are leaving football in droves and picking up lacrosse sticks. They have cracked down a lot on big hits and hits above the shoulders.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back