- Jan 2, 2020
THE COME UP , UM ON THE RISE
LOLA wishlist of things that I hope the Ruiz family can incorporate into the Tropical Park plan:
1. An extension (and likely elevation) of SW 48th Street (Blue Road) from SW 69th Avenue, over the Palmetto, and down into the center of Tropical Park.
2. At least one high-rise parking garage with both ingress and egress at an elevated (i.e., non-ground) level that will allow for a higher volume of arrivals and departures.
3. Acquisition of some houses on SW 82nd Avenue that would allow Tropical Park to have access to Lake Catalina.
4. Immediate destruction of 5000 SW 75th Avenue (this one is a deep-cut, if you get it, you get it).
5. Purchase of commercial buildings near Tropicaire to build another parking garage that can be utilized by the shopping center (and Tropical Park during football games and/or other major events), with a pedestrian overpass or underpass that crosses Bird Road.