The cluster**** at CB

Pair that up with the biggest liability on the coaching staff. Can't afford any type of injury to the top 3, which are pretty good.

And combine that with a (arguably) colossal failure to land the best CBs in miami in this past year's 2015 class.

It's hard to land some of the best CB's when you don't offer them or offer them a few days before NSD. Lord when will this nightmare end.

Advertisement
This is all part of Dino's master plan. Now our corners will be forced to play even deeper! I see you Dino. I see you!

I don't see what all the hubub's about provided people stay healthy.

In 1999 we had Rumph, Myers, Fitzgerald and Buchanon (true freshman)

In 2015 we'll have Howard, Burns, Elder and we'll need one of the freshmen to step up and be the 4th cb.

In 1999 we also had Nick Ward and James Scott.

You look back at some of the kids we've stuck our nose up at, and it's no surprise we're in this position. Quincy Wilson - ***** about his antics all you want - made an immediate impact as a true freshman at UF last season. We passed on Juwon Dowels. Passed on Lammons. Did we even recruit JoJo Robinson? The way we handled Fenton's recruitment this past class was a joke.

And meanwhile, the kids we do recruit (JC Jackson, Carlton Davis, Tim Irvin) don't want anything to do with playing for Corch Williams.

CB should always be a skill position at Miami, but Folden has once again managed to lower the standard here.

Advertisement
*beats dead horse*

Would be nice to have Fabian Moreau or Juwan Dowels right now.

j/k

But for real doe.

You look back at some of the kids we've stuck our nose up at, and it's no surprise we're in this position. Quincy Wilson - ***** about his antics all you want - made an immediate impact as a true freshman at UF last season. We passed on Juwon Dowels. Passed on Lammons. Did we even recruit JoJo Robinson? The way we handled Fenton's recruitment this past class was a joke.

And meanwhile, the kids we do recruit (JC Jackson, Carlton Davis, Tim Irvin) don't want anything to do with playing for Corch Williams.

CB should always be a skill position at Miami, but Folden has once again managed to lower the standard here.

'The smartest guys in the room' strike again.

Even after 4 years of abject failure, and now perilously thin depth at corner, they still remain unflinching in the face of reality, still trusting to their own evaluations and ideas about measurables above all else. They remain the worst kind of failures, the kind that refuse to acknowledge it....

Advertisement
We're going to have 7 scholarship CBs in August. This is nowhere near a disaster from a numbers standpoint.

We can argue all day about talent but Jackson, Redwine, Mayes, Henley can't be THAT bad.

South Florida doesn't produce an abundance of DBs. If I can draw an analogy, it's similar to the HC at Iowa trying to find great WRs.

In 2015 we'll have Howard, Burns, Elder and we'll need one of the freshmen to step up and be the 4th cb.

Didn't we still have real sanctions in 1999?

Like actual ones. Not this small slap on the wrist that Golden has turned into a handcuff.

Advertisement

Didn't we still have real sanctions in 1999?

Like actual ones. Not this small slap on the wrist that Golden has turned into a handcuff.

Not to mention that was in the time before the majority of teams were running the HUNH.

If Golden isn't fired next season, I'm moving to an empty Favela Flat in Rio with no electronic connections to the outside world and become a soccer fanatic. Maybe I'll do Golden and flee there!

South Florida doesn't produce an abundance of DBs. If I can draw an analogy, it's similar to the HC at Iowa trying to find great WRs.

I think you're missing the point. Of our 7 options at corner, 3 shouldn't be true freshmen. Besides, how talented do you have to be to line up 10 yards off the ball and then play bail technique?

Advertisement

I think you're missing the point. Of our 7 options at corner, 3 shouldn't be true freshmen. Besides, how talented do you have to be to line up 10 yards off the ball and then play bail technique?

It's very tough to find small fast guys in South Florida. I find it absurd to blame Al for not being able to find what doesn't exist.

It's very tough to find small fast guys in South Florida. I find it absurd to blame Al for not being able to find what doesn't exist.

Ah, I see. Well said.

We're going to have 7 scholarship CBs in August. This is nowhere near a disaster from a numbers standpoint.

We can argue all day about talent but Jackson, Redwine, Mayes, Henley can't be THAT bad.

But that's still asking a true freshman or 2 to walk in and play minutes. It's not an ideal situation in the least.

But that's still asking a true freshman or 2 to walk in and play minutes. It's not an ideal situation in the least.

Especially considering we'd be counting on Paul Williams to get them ready who is quite possibly the worst coach on staff.

Advertisement
Back