Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

Advertisement
Teo got his confidence back!! Taylor had no answers for that speed and athleticism he looked worse than his last fight, after the 4th he look deflated. I think he teo vs haney next is the money fight but i wouldn’t mind teo going for undisputed vs regis. 140 should be popping again soon

Advertisement
Imagine that? Lol. What happens to JT. i believe you said this would be the beginning of the end for one of these fighters. Well, here we are because I don’t see how JT is going to get another big fight at 140 anytime soon.

Huge win for Teo. Devastating loss to JT.
I know I thought that and I think we discussed it. Taylor looked slow and lacked confidence, even after trying to come out hard. I just don't see a future for him, and he'd be absolutely lost at 147. He's got the look of a guy who now signs with Matchroom, gets some sort of Euro title, defends/chases it there a few times, and is done.

Teo looked much better, but I'm still not sure what to expect from him. That interview earlier in the week was disturbing and I think it was real. Plus, even when he was supposed to be hot in his career, he was inconsistent.

I know I thought that and I think we discussed it. Taylor looked slow and lacked confidence, even after trying to come out hard. I just don't see a future for him, and he'd be absolutely lost at 147. He's got the look of a guy who now signs with Matchroom, gets some sort of Euro title, defends/chases it there a few times, and is done.

Teo looked much better, but I'm still not sure what to expect from him. That interview earlier in the week was disturbing and I think it was real. Plus, even when he was supposed to be hot in his career, he was inconsistent.
Teo might be one of those boxers who just raises his level to the guy he’s fighting. But inconsistency is almost always gonna catch u in combat sports, like it did with kambosos and sando martin even tho he got the decision there lol

Advertisement
some thoughts on Teofimo Lopez after his big win..

LOL.
Welcome to the victory lap/fade out.

Charlo - He'll fight a dude that a) doesn't fight b) would have to come up in weight c) would fight, for the first time, at that new weight and d) has mental health issues that prevent him from training and fighting. Geez, that is a toss up.....

Jack - He'll fight a dude that is 39 and fights at 199ish pounds. Wanna bet Canelo makes him come down? Who pays for that "fight"?

These are jokes.

Oh, and Teo is "retired" and will only fight for "9 figures"?

I love boxing, but between ridiculous PPV prices, poor matchmaking from a competition standpoint, **** judging becoming the norm, **** decisions becoming the norm, egocentric (not just greedy) promoters, and boxers becoming WR-esque divas...the sport is making it hard. Really hard.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Welcome to the victory lap/fade out.

Charlo - He'll fight a dude that a) doesn't fight b) would have to come up in weight c) would fight, for the first time, at that new weight and d) has mental health issues that prevent him from training and fighting. Geez, that is a toss up.....

Jack - He'll fight a dude that is 39 and fights at 199ish pounds. Wanna bet Canelo makes him come down? Who pays for that "fight"?

These are jokes.

Oh, and Teo is "retired" and will only fight for "9 figures"?

I love boxing, but between ridiculous PPV prices, poor matchmaking from a competition standpoint, **** judging becoming the norm, **** decisions becoming the norm, egocentric (not just greedy) promoters, and boxers becoming WR-esque divas...the sport is making it hard. Really hard.
Absolutely sad with Canelo. Guess DB’s dad was right about Canelo not wanting to pass the torch.

the lates '3 Knockdown Rule', Lopez-Taylor is discussed,, and an interview with Regis Prograis (who fights on DAZN on Saturday night)

my latest column...

Advertisement
my thoughts on Tim Tszyu and Regis Prograis this weekend..

Advertisement
Back