The case for Dan Enos

I love the hire. dont oppose it AT all...But i do not want to hear the term "qb whisperer" ever again. That is what everyone called richt and we saw how that turned out.
Nobody could hear what he was whispering, or if he was whispering.

Advertisement
Further, despite the internet mopery, he does NOT run a plodding offense. Is it "pro-style"? I guess, but a better term might be "power run/vertical pass." Here's a pretty good article on him at Arkansas: https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...ielema-plus-enos-match-made-offensive-heaven/

Richt 2.0. Miami has never been a power running team. Ever. Vertical Offense is same **** Richt ran. Richt was a QB Whisperer too. I don’t mean to be that guy but these points concern me.

Further, despite the internet mopery, he does NOT run a plodding offense. Is it "pro-style"? I guess, but a better term might be "power run/vertical pass." Here's a pretty good article on him at Arkansas: https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...ielema-plus-enos-match-made-offensive-heaven/

Richt 2.0. Miami has never been a power running team. Ever. Vertical Offense is same **** Richt ran.

Read the articles. And I'll try to post more X/O stuff later (or Lance can) but Richt and Enos run very different things, IMO. If nothing else, Enos has evidence of actual route trees instead of the stumpy shrubbery that Richt had us running.

Advertisement
We just got the guy who coached up the Heisman Runner up!

I’m not familiar with him but that has to hold some weight y’all

I live in Alabama (God help me) and when Enos' name first showed up as a candidate in another thread I kinda brushed it off as a pipe dream. This guy is one of the best football coaches in the country, hands-down. He is a major quarterback whisperer. Everywhere he's gone, the QBs put up ridiculous numbers. At Arkansas he groomed the two Allens (Brandon and Austin) to back-to-back 3000 yard seasons. We all saw what he did with Tua this year, and even had Hurts prepared to step in and win the SEC Championship game - Hurts looked more like a QB in that game than in any other during his career. This guy will get the absolute most out of the QB room.

As you can see, Bielema is a run-first coach and so that's what Enos ran there. BUT, you can also see from that article (and others, I'll do a breakdown at some point too) that Enos likes to run out of passing formations and vice-versa. Will he line up in 5-wide sets every down? Probably not, but don't think for a second that this is a "3 yards and a cloud of dust" scheme. QBs have put up gaudy numbers in his offenses - so have running backs - and make no mistake, if Manny wants our offense to run tempo, Enos will run tempo. He's a brilliant offensive mind.

Briefly also, Enos can recruit, has head coaching experience, has been part of a winning and championship-level culture, and was literally on his way to being OC at Alabama before Manny poached him. The Roll Tide-rs down here are in shock that he's leaving. I don't believe the whole "if Saban wanted him he'd still be there" crap. Saban wanted him. So did Kirby. So did a lot of coaches. But he's now the Offensive Coordinator and Quarterbacks Coach at Miami. And yes, in my opinion, it's a home run.

I've always thought of the competition for assistant coaches as a gauge to how good those coaches are at what they do. When Bama and AGU are both in need of an OC and you hire the guy they both wanted, that's a good sign you've gotten a good one. Especially, when you consider that Saban and Kirby both know Enos from personally working with him and/or coaching against him.

A good friend is the Biggest Bama fan, this is what he had to say:

Me: Thoughts on Miami hiring Dan Enos as Offensive Coordinator?

Him: it’s been a bad week, ribby, not gonna lie...

Me: So he's good?

Him: YES! y’all just got a good one... what he did with Arkansas with the Allen brothers was amazing.. then of course maximizing Tua and Jalen

Advertisement
Go ahead. I’m still waiting.

Show me evidence he has proven he can successfully and routinely produce top offenses.

If you’re just gonna keep throwing out football chick cliches, move along.
Do your own dsmn research fool. Hint, take a look at the years Allen brothers had at Arkansas. Dude can develop qbs. Plenty posted ready about his quality. But I know Bama and Georgia wanted him as OC, so he is garbage. get a life.

Do your own dsmn research fool. Hint, take a look at the years Allen brothers had at Arkansas. Dude can develop qbs. Plenty posted ready about his quality. But I know Bama and Georgia wanted him as OC, so he is garbage. get a life.

One successful year. That’s what I thought.

Thanks, football chick.

I live in Alabama (God help me) and when Enos' name first showed up as a candidate in another thread I kinda brushed it off as a pipe dream. This guy is one of the best football coaches in the country, hands-down. He is a major quarterback whisperer. Everywhere he's gone, the QBs put up ridiculous numbers. At Arkansas he groomed the two Allens (Brandon and Austin) to back-to-back 3000 yard seasons. We all saw what he did with Tua this year, and even had Hurts prepared to step in and win the SEC Championship game - Hurts looked more like a QB in that game than in any other during his career. This guy will get the absolute most out of the QB room.

As you can see, Bielema is a run-first coach and so that's what Enos ran there. BUT, you can also see from that article (and others, I'll do a breakdown at some point too) that Enos likes to run out of passing formations and vice-versa. Will he line up in 5-wide sets every down? Probably not, but don't think for a second that this is a "3 yards and a cloud of dust" scheme. QBs have put up gaudy numbers in his offenses - so have running backs - and make no mistake, if Manny wants our offense to run tempo, Enos will run tempo. He's a brilliant offensive mind.

Briefly also, Enos can recruit, has head coaching experience, has been part of a winning and championship-level culture, and was literally on his way to being OC at Alabama before Manny poached him. The Roll Tide-rs down here are in shock that he's leaving. I don't believe the whole "if Saban wanted him he'd still be there" crap. Saban wanted him. So did Kirby. So did a lot of coaches. But he's now the Offensive Coordinator and Quarterbacks Coach at Miami. And yes, in my opinion, it's a home run.

Ghost, Im with you. Im all-in on Enos, hearing really good things on him

Advertisement

Good post. Thanks for your input. I’m feeling better about this hire. I am excited to see improvements in our QBs.

Last edited:
If we don't run the spread, I'm fine with it. Especially if we have NC aspirations. For whatever reason, spread teams have crappy defenses. Not sure if it's that they only see that in practice, or what.

What was the last spread team to win it all?

No one is happier than Realus George, who wasn't about to have any of that spread nonsense:

Realus.PNG

Advertisement
If we don't run the spread, I'm fine with it. Especially if we have NC aspirations. For whatever reason, spread teams have crappy defenses. Not sure if it's that they only see that in practice, or what.

What was the last spread team to win it all?
Didn’t we run the spread under Dennis Erickson? What about the Ducks, a couple of years ago?

the important position is the quarterback. we've struggled to maximize our QB production. this is a huge hire in that regard.

Advertisement
Back