Off-Topic The Car Thread

Advertisement
Article today from Reuters, quoting an Experian survey.

- EV buyers are mostly affluent and mostly Gen Xers and Millennials. Experian identifies some of the main demographic groups buying EVs as “American Royalty,” “Couples with Clout,” “Philanthropic Sophisticates” and “Cosmopolitan Achievers.”
It sounds like a giant base of people to market to.

Advertisement
That would be an exceptionally stupid maneuver, but I suppose I should not underestimate the capacity for self-destruction.
Too many small engines, historic vehicles, and other gas engines around for it to go away completely in our lifetimes.

Advertisement
I will never stop driving an internal combustion engine.
1665065764934.png

There's next to zero chance of that ever happening.

In a related note, I have two dear friends that retired (separately) to Portland years ago; they loved it until the last few years, with the lefty loonies/antifa made life uncomfortable. One is moving out, they like colder weather, so they are looking at Wyoming, ND etc. The other told me they are now too old to move, they just wish they hadnt moved there.

Advertisement
In a related note, I have two dear friends that retired (separately) to Portland years ago; they loved it until the last few years, with the lefty loonies/antifa made life uncomfortable. One is moving out, they like colder weather, so they are looking at Wyoming, ND etc. The other told me they are now too old to move, they just wish they hadnt moved there.
That sucks. Important to do a lot of on-the-ground research before moving anywhere.

Advertisement
That vehicle probably has to haul equipment. So it needs the power of internet combustion engine or it wouldn’t move.
I suspect that the future (20 - 30 years) will see large hauling vehicles transitioned to synthetic oil (as produced by Germany in WW2), while leased personal vehicles (likely the vast majority) and owned personal vehicles are mandated to be EV.

I suspect that the future (20 - 30 years) will see large hauling vehicles transitioned to synthetic oil (as produced by Germany in WW2), while leased personal vehicles (likely the vast majority) and owned personal vehicles are mandated to be EV.
I am hoping people realize this stuff doesn’t work and is just making things more expensive and this grift is forced to be abandoned.

That vehicle probably has to haul equipment. So it needs the power of internet combustion engine or it wouldn’t move.

The range on a heavy vehicle is small, and their job is to go from appt to appt, cant stop for an hour to recharge.

Advertisement
Back