Off-Topic The Car Thread

Advertisement
With the options I would want, which are around 10 K, the list price is below. Now I know there are additional costs and so forth including tax. but 227 would be the list price with the options I want. So I know that it’s listed 227, easily another 20 to 30K So we will split the difference, around 250 for what I want

View attachment 212854
Don’t know if you remember back, but when you asked which color, my response was GT Silver.
Beautiful.

Limiting yourself to 10k in opts exhibits a good bit of self-control.
Me, well,…not so much.

Some day, eh?

Don’t know if you remember back, but when you asked which color, my response was GT Silver.
Beautiful.

Limiting yourself to 10k in opts exhibits a good bit of self-control.
Me, well,…not so much.

Some day, eh?

Honestly, once you get up to the turbo S, remember the turbo S is a level above just the plain turbo, you pretty much in terms of performance have every option you need. In fact it does include every performance option as far as what will get it to run the quickest. That even includes the ceramic brakes.

The rest is just cosmetic stuff. You can easily spend 30 or 40,000 on interior refinements. But if I’m already getting the two tone top of line bucket leather seats at that price, which are already an upgrade, it already has an upgraded stereo system although I could spend another three or 4000 for the Burmeister I might do that, but other than that I’ve got everything I need. It’s got all the safety and performance features everything in terms of what I want. I don't need 40 or $50,000 worth of interior detail customizations.

But the question is actually buying one, even if I brought in a briefcase with 250,000 in cash to a Porsche dealer, I couldn’t even get it that way. The way I want mine, it easily take over a year. And like I said this is not exactly the year that I want to be blowing a big wad of cash over something that depreciates

Electric vehicle startup Fisker said Wednesday it is on track to begin production of its first model, the Ocean SUV, later this month as planned – and that it now has more than 62,000 reservations for the vehicle.

Fisker said that his team is exploring the idea of moving production of the Ocean to the United States before 2025, but as of now has no firm plans to do so.

Fisker also said that work on its second model, a low-cost EV called the Pear, is progressing ahead of schedule.

The company said it now has over 5,000 reservations for the Pear, which will be built in the former Lordstown Motors factory in Ohio, starting in 2024.

Living in Austin I've seen at least one of these unique beauties from Houston. Curious if this has its equivalent in South Florida.

Advertisement
Electric vehicle startup Fisker said Wednesday it is on track to begin production of its first model, the Ocean SUV, later this month as planned – and that it now has more than 62,000 reservations for the vehicle.

Fisker said that his team is exploring the idea of moving production of the Ocean to the United States before 2025, but as of now has no firm plans to do so.

Fisker also said that work on its second model, a low-cost EV called the Pear, is progressing ahead of schedule.

The company said it now has over 5,000 reservations for the Pear, which will be built in the former Lordstown Motors factory in Ohio, starting in 2024.
That Ocean looks nice

I plan to buy a used gas truck next summer. Giving my old pilot to my 16yo. Then I’ll buy a Tesla roadster in 2025 when I give my Honda Accord to my 13yo. Then I’ll finally get an EV truck in 2026 when I give my 12yo the used truck I buy next year.

I have not received my email yet

Fisker is poised to return to the automotive market—after being absent for about a decade—with its all-new Ocean electric vehicle. Features that seem likely to create a buzz are the optional solar roof, the 17-inch center touchscreen that can be rotated to a horizontal or vertical orientation, and something Fisker is calling “California mode,” which lowers all the windows and retracts the roof panel at the touch of a button to create a convertible-like experience.

Thats why I have one on order

Advertisement
Fisker is poised to return to the automotive market—after being absent for about a decade—with its all-new Ocean electric vehicle. Features that seem likely to create a buzz are the optional solar roof, the 17-inch center touchscreen that can be rotated to a horizontal or vertical orientation, and something Fisker is calling “California mode,” which lowers all the windows and retracts the roof panel at the touch of a button to create a convertible-like experience.

Thats why I have one on order
I accomplished the same thing for about $5k. But no touchscreen.

1667476382683.png

Honestly, once you get up to the turbo S, remember the turbo S is a level above just the plain turbo, you pretty much in terms of performance have every option you need. In fact it does include every performance option as far as what will get it to run the quickest. That even includes the ceramic brakes.

The rest is just cosmetic stuff. You can easily spend 30 or 40,000 on interior refinements. But if I’m already getting the two tone top of line bucket leather seats at that price, which are already an upgrade, it already has an upgraded stereo system although I could spend another three or 4000 for the Burmeister I might do that, but other than that I’ve got everything I need. It’s got all the safety and performance features everything in terms of what I want. I don't need 40 or $50,000 worth of interior detail customizations.

But the question is actually buying one, even if I brought in a briefcase with 250,000 in cash to a Porsche dealer, I couldn’t even get it that way. The way I want mine, it easily take over a year. And like I said this is not exactly the year that I want to be blowing a big wad of cash over something that depreciates

Porsche depreciates? That's news to me

Porsche depreciates? That's news to me
As a general rule, almost all cars depreciate. I don’t know how well Porsche holds their value.

A lot of people in the market for a high-end Porsche, are not buying it as an investment anyway. It’s more of an emotional investment. At least it is for me.

Why else would anyone want to pay an inordinate amount of money for something that’s unnecessary.

Advertisement
As a general rule, almost all cars depreciate. I don’t know how well Porsche holds their value.

A lot of people in the market for a high-end Porsche, are not buying it as an investment anyway. It’s more of an emotional investment. At least it is for me.

Why else would anyone want to pay an inordinate amount of money for something that’s unnecessary.

Well they don't lose their value so you know.

I know a guy with a 2011 911 that has 20k miles and it has gone up in value this year. Generally a boxster for example from say 2011 will only lose maybe 5k in value over a 4 year period usually regardless of the miles, barring something ridiculous.

I wanted a boxster thinking they'd be a reasonable price for an older one. But even 04 models are ridiculously high considering what you can get for that same money.

That's part of the allure of owning one, you basically drive it for free. It really actually is an investment, and a good one.

This is why I'm interested in the roadster. I believe the higher-end Teslas will actually appreciate in value even while driving them.

Well they don't lose their value so you know.

I know a guy with a 2011 911 that has 20k miles and it has gone up in value this year. Generally a boxster for example from say 2011 will only lose maybe 5k in value over a 4 year period usually regardless of the miles, barring something ridiculous.

I wanted a boxster thinking they'd be a reasonable price for an older one. But even 04 models are ridiculously high considering what you can get for that same money.

That's part of the allure of owning one, you basically drive it for free. It really actually is an investment, and a good one.

I believe you. I'm no expert on the comparative depreciation/appreciation ranking of high end cars.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back