The Buzz at The Opening

really don't see cook flipping

Ya... Interesting for Yearby to see Cook recruiting for UF then predict he's 80% to UM.

To be fair these kids know who they are talking to. What they tell and FSU writer or UF writer is going to be a lot different than what they tell Pete or Tito. That is why I trust these kids actions more than what they say to reporters

Advertisement
"Lammons is very intrigued by the Gators and many of UF’s recruits out at the opening were recruiting him hard for Florida. Anthony Moten, Khairi Clark, and Dalvin Cook in particular were recruiting Lammons hardest. "

Ya'll know the drill..... the worst.....

So disappointing.

Moten
Clark
Cook
Lammons
Lane

Disgusting...

******* unreal honestly. We need to win something this year. If another year goes by and we again are a mediocre team loosing S FL recruits....my support for this staff will be gone (and I love Al Golden). I know he's had to deal with the investigation, but we cannot lose this much S FL talent.

However I think we will do well this year and flip some of these guys personally.

Ill say it again. Any top flight WR that chooses UF is making a bad career decision.

Miami is going to have a sick class so I'm not even worried about it. NCAA cloud will be gone, we will be coming off our most successful season in 10 years. All will be good.

And F the Gators and any SoFla recruit that signs with them in Feb. Those guys still have time to make the right decision though

It seems we have the "lead" on a lot of recruits. I hate to say but I'll believe it when I see it. Golden and staff have done an outstanding job recruiting so far. I hope they keep it up and the dudes that are with us now, stick...and we get a few of those cats we are supposedly "leading" by the time NSD roles around.

Advertisement
"Lammons is very intrigued by the Gators and many of UF’s recruits out at the opening were recruiting him hard for Florida. Anthony Moten, Khairi Clark, and Dalvin Cook in particular were recruiting Lammons hardest. "

So disappointing.

Moten
Clark
Cook
Lammons
Lane

Disgusting...

****ing unreal honestly. We need to win something this year. If another year goes by and we again are a mediocre team loosing S FL recruits....my support for this staff will be gone (and I love Al Golden). I know he's had to deal with the investigation, but we cannot lose this much S FL talent.

However I think we will do well this year and flip some of these guys personally.

I agree. This year will be very telling. And, even though I love our class so far, we can't lose all those South Florida studs two years in a row without consequences.

Golden still needs to prove he can recruit south florida.

Golden inherited a clusterf*ck beyond clusterf*cks though. Both in terms of program building, local HS coach ****ery, and the entire NCAA disastrophe. I expect to see improvement but not miracles.

Advertisement
We have "lost" SoFla talent every year, including when we were a top 5 team every year.

We are a .500 team under a ridiculous 3 year NCAA probe and we pulled a lot of top SoFla guys. It is ridiculous to say Golden cant recruit SoFla. But of course the guys that leave are > then the Coleys, McDermotts, Darlings, Yearbys, Graces, etc.

Dixon, Berrios, and Langham is a **** beastly WR group if we can pull it off.

Advertisement
Golden inherited a clusterf*ck beyond clusterf*cks though. Both in terms of program building, local HS coach ****ery, and the entire NCAA disastrophe. I expect to see improvement but not miracles.

Of course, Golden is not going to land every S FL recruit, no UM would but what getting bent over for S FL recruits is another story. In sales (recruiting) you are measured by the deals you close (recruits you land).

Don't get me wrong, I love al, but getting bent over again cannot happen IMO

Advertisement
i think we are gonna play with much more energy and smash the Gators. Taking out 10 years of frustration on that ***.

very very happy if we close out with those 3

Dont forget about Griffen joining next year as well.

Yup though the odds of playing both sports are still very slim, so we will see how it shakes out.

If we can lock down that group, missing out on guys like Lane and Rudolph doesn't matter. When I say that I mean we did what we could and if they go elsewhere, then all you can do is keep grinding. It happens.

I can't wait to watch Langham this year, that kid has insane upside. And we have DESPERATELY missed a guy like Berrios on our roster. He could be a kid that does damage from day 1 if he knows the playbook.

very very happy if we close out with those 3

Dont forget about Griffen joining next year as well.

Yup though the odds of playing both sports are still very slim, so we will see how it shakes out.

If we can lock down that group, missing out on guys like Lane and Rudolph doesn't matter. When I say that I mean we did what we could and if they go elsewhere, then all you can do is keep grinding. It happens.

I can't wait to watch Langham this year, that kid has insane upside. And we have DESPERATELY missed a guy like Berrios on our roster. He could be a kid that does damage from day 1 if he knows the playbook.

We can use him the same way the Patriots (and now the Broncos) used Wes Welker.

Undersized guy with elite athletic ability and who is able to get open on every play.

So disappointing.

Moten
Clark
Cook
Lammons
Lane

Disgusting...

****ing unreal honestly. We need to win something this year. If another year goes by and we again are a mediocre team loosing S FL recruits....my support for this staff will be gone (and I love Al Golden). I know he's had to deal with the investigation, but we cannot lose this much S FL talent.

I agree. This year will be very telling. And, even though I love our class so far, we can't lose all those South Florida studs two years in a row without consequences.

Golden still needs to prove he can recruit south florida.

What do you mean Golden still needs to prove he can recruit south Florida? So we didn't get any in the 2012 class? Last year was filled with a bunch of divas can't do anything about that. 2014 is shaping up great with south florida recruits, I don't really get some of you people who say Golden can't recruit SFLA. If a kid doesn't want to come then that's on the kid, it's not like our staff isn't trying.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back