The board of trustees with the middle finger to us all.

Advertisement
A kid who attends UM on a full package of scholarships and other aid is going there for nothing.
In the same way that an employer pays a employee every 2 weeks for nothing.

In both instances, mr Epstein, the payee is creating and providing some value for the payor.

how do those ***** lemonis & epstein get on the BOT? leadership like that is more than half the battle. Those dudes are incompetent when it comes to CFB & have no business even having an opinion. Publicly backing 2 dead men walking, that every fan with a ******* brain want gone... goddamnit
Upvote for using the word ***** so effectively.

In the same way that an employer pays a employee every 2 weeks for nothing.

In both instances, mr Epstein, the payee is creating and providing some value for the payor.

Ah, you must not be in a circle of people who attended college. When people say they went to school "for nothing", it means they didn't have to pay anything.

Honest mistake. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Come on Y'all. I can't be alone in not wanting to come and sign up for an academics message board. You have all made your points, no views will be changed. Please let's move on to bashing the BOT.

Props to DBC for coming hard as he did right after seemingly getting plugged in to someone over there with influence. He was able to articulate his point even with the brain damage he got when the swine flu hit him. This is a guy we should strive to be like one day.

Advertisement
After your "we don't even have good academics" gem, I feel better every time you think I made a "chitty porst".

You did make a chitty porst. You're a chitty porster.

We don't have good academics, we have academics that have been consistently falling. I guess it is an achievement to be tied with FSU.

Ah, you must not be in a circle of people who attended college. When people say they went to school "for nothing", it means they didn't have to pay anything.

Honest mistake. Don't beat yourself up over it.
Ah, you must not be in the circle of people who discuss college football. Or labor laws.

There has been A lot of discussion recently, on boards like this, and even in the courts, about whether scholarship athletes’ contributions to an institution constitute “nothing”

Why, even the beloved NCAA video game has been discontinued, because the courts have decided that the students are providing something of value. Which is the opposite of “nothing”.

Mr Epstein, you are not doing yourself any favors being on this board.

Why not? What goes on inside their classrooms?
Then pretty much every college degree is valuable under your logic lol so what is your definition of good academics that you claim UM has? The bottom line is Miami's academic reputation isn't great (maybe decent, but the first thing that comes to most people's minds is the football team), and the school continues to fall in the rankings.

Advertisement
Back