The Blacklist

P-Tizzle

All ACC
Premium
The wife and I finally finished the last season. What a **** hole the show turned out to be. As soon as Megan Boone (Elizabeth Keene left, and they had to kill off her character, the show went downhill faster than Picabo Street. No doubt Mario not taking a knee is the biggest blunder ever. But the ending of the Blacklist is second.

Anyway. Miami 45 UNC 17.

Advertisement
The wife and I finally finished the last season. What a **** hole the show turned out to be. As soon as Megan Boone (Elizabeth Keene left, and they had to kill off her character, the show went downhill faster than Picabo Street. No doubt Mario not taking a knee is the biggest blunder ever. But the ending of the Blacklist is second.

Anyway. Miami 45 UNC 17.

We knew it was over when they pulled out the animated version during covid.... dumb

Stephen, are you having a stroke?

Tonight Show Pain GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Advertisement
Advertisement

Anyway. Miami 45 UNC 17.

The problem with "The Blacklist" was the same as "The Following" with Kevin Bacon—both were victims to network TV writing and stylizing as the former was on NBC and the latter was on FOX.

Had both of those shows been cable or a streaming platform like Amazon or Netflix, both would've been home runs.

13 minutes of commercials in every hour-long show and having to write / film in a way that every series of scenes goes for a about 15 minutes and gets a commercial that it goes into and has to come back from... it kills the pace and style.

That, and more liberty with dialogue and language on a cable show than you get on network, as well. Absolutely homogenized both of those shows.

Anyway. Miami 45 UNC 17.

For me, Blacklist is in my top 10 series of all time. Great show overall. Yes, some parts were tiresome but I actually felt the opposite as you. Once Keen was put down, I thought the show was much better. She became an annoying drain on the show, imo.

Ending was meh, shamefully.

For me, Blacklist is in my top 10 series of all time. Great show overall. Yes, some parts were tiresome but I actually felt the opposite as you. Once Keen was put down, I thought the show was much better. She became an annoying drain on the show, imo.

Ending was meh, shamefully.
Brother, the entire series revolved around her character. The whole reason why Reddington appeared on the doorsteps of the FBI was because of Elizabeth Keen. What was the relationship? Who was Reddington? The series failed to answer the two most important/significant questions. Ultimate failure.

Advertisement
Brother, the entire series revolved around her character. The whole reason why Reddington appeared on the doorsteps of the FBI was because of Elizabeth Keen. What was the relationship? Who was Reddington? The series failed to answer the two most important/significant questions. Ultimate failure.

Eh, not sure I agree. After a while she became a drain on the show and we no longer needed her for that info - Red was the main guy.

Eh, not sure I agree. After a while she became a drain on the show and we no longer needed her for that info - Red was the main guy.
Okay. Who was he? Obviously he wasn't "Raymond Reddington". He was Liz's father, and Liz's mother's lover who died (liz's mother shot and killed him). The suitcase of bones were his. Who was James Spader's character, and what was his relationship to Liz?

I hated the ending, and the show naturally had better and no so good seasons, but overall, it was very imaginative.

Advertisement
Okay. Who was he? Obviously he wasn't "Raymond Reddington". He was Liz's father, and Liz's mother's lover who died (liz's mother shot and killed him). The suitcase of bones were his. Who was James Spader's character, and what was his relationship to Liz?

You make the mistake of wanting every question answered and expecting a long running show to wrap every answer to your question in a bow. Sometimes it just doesn't happen. At some point in the show, you knew they were never gonna answer some of those questions.

You make the mistake of wanting every question answered and expecting a long running show to wrap every answer to your question in a bow. Sometimes it just doesn't happen. At some point in the show, you knew they were never gonna answer some of those questions.
Fair. But the entire premise of the show is the question: Who is Raymond Reddington and what is his relationship to Elizabeth Keen. These are some questions. It's the entire premise of the show lol

After the Covid episode that looked worse than cut scenes from a mid-90's first person shooter, I couldn't get back into it.

I thought the show went downhill as soon as they killed off Tom Keen. I kept watching for a while, but eventually gave up on it.

And now, reading this thread and finding out that they never answered the main questions of the entire series…well, that’s just ridiculous. What was the point???

Advertisement
Back