The Blacklist

For me, Blacklist is in my top 10 series of all time. Great show overall. Yes, some parts were tiresome but I actually felt the opposite as you. Once Keen was put down, I thought the show was much better. She became an annoying drain on the show, imo.

Ending was meh, shamefully.
Wife and I are currently watching Blacklist on Netflix. Early seasons right now ... towards end of the 3rd. Some of the scripts are crazy creative. Really enjoyed Narcos (I lived in Colombia basically from 1973-1980), got to know some smaller marijuana grower / dealers from a distance as I worked in Santa Marta, a region that had clandestine farms all over, and later I spent a good amount of time working with different agriculture entities in Mexico (I worked in the agriculture import business). Narcos and Narcos Mexico is a trip down memory lane as I know the places and lived it on the fringe, had friends executed by narcos, and had to leave Colombia after a contract was put out on me.

Also recently found out that a Panamanian kid I went to college with under grad, went on to Tulane Law, became an ambassador from Panama to DC, and also established a cargo airline in Panama and had a side deal with Escobar (Medellin Cartel) and Noriega (Panamanian dictator) and he moved over 40,000 pounds of cocaine for them over a 5 year period ($3000/Kg = $600,000,000) and he was considered small time. He turned states evidence on Noriega and is the reason Noriega spent 25 years in prison (Ricardo did 3 years and got to keep at least $4 million of the $47 million he earned over a 5 year period). Crazy stuff.

Advertisement
I thought the show went downhill as soon as they killed off Tom Keen. I kept watching for a while, but eventually gave up on it.

And now, reading this thread and finding out that they never answered the main questions of the entire series…well, that’s just ridiculous. What was the point???
Thank you. The entire premise of the show revolved around who Red Reddington was and what was his relationship with Elizabeth Keen. I heard from others that Red was actually Katarina Rostova, Elizabeth's mother who had a *** change when the KGB was after her.

Thank you. The entire premise of the show revolved around who Red Reddington was and what was his relationship with Elizabeth Keen. I heard from others that Red was actually Katarina Rostova, Elizabeth's mother who had a *** change when the KGB was after her.
Yeah, it seemed like the end of one of the seasons was hinting at that explanation. It was too dumb to even seriously contemplate. I quit watching after that.

The wife and I finally finished the last season. What a **** hole the show turned out to be. As soon as Megan Boone (Elizabeth Keene left, and they had to kill off her character, the show went downhill faster than Picabo Street. No doubt Mario not taking a knee is the biggest blunder ever. But the ending of the Blacklist is second.

Anyway. Miami 45 UNC 17.
Mess with the bull, get the horns.

Advertisement
Back