The biggest game of 2018 for college football's top 10

Advertisement
If Rosier is the starter, I doubt we win more than 8 games. Can’t believe one of the younger kids hasn’t beaten that stiff out by now.

I never ascribed his opinion to your post. I was just saying it is not a relevant stat. That is all. I agree that we are the better team and I think we will win, but it was just a pointless stat.
How on earth, when discussing confidence in a coach's ability to have a team ready to play on opening day, is his over-all record on opening day, not relevant?

It may not be relevant to the discussion that you want to have, which apparently, consists of listing all the reason why the game is going to be close and we'll probably lose, but it is relevant to the discussion that we--the we that did not include you--were having. Where do you get off telling myself and @ThomasM what stats are relevant to our discussion?

If Rosier is the starter, I doubt we win more than 8 games. Can’t believe one of the younger kids hasn’t beaten that stiff out by now.
You doubt it because recent history suggests something, or because our schedule is more formidable?

How on earth, when discussing confidence in a coach's ability to have a team ready to play on opening day, is his over-all record on opening day, not relevant?

It may not be relevant to the discussion that you want to have, which apparently, consists of listing all the reason why the game is going to be close and we'll probably lose, but it is relevant to the discussion that we--the we that did not include you--were having. Where do you get off telling myself and @ThomasM what stats are relevant to our discussion?

How? Because only the absolute WORST coaches lose against cupcake FCS and G5 teams when they are coaching a p5 team. It is not relevant to the discussion that YOU where having. Where am I stating that the game will be close or that we'll probably lose? You and Thomas where talking about Richt doing well on opening day and then you brought up this ridiculous stat. How does him beating cupcake FCS and G5 teams have anything to do with if we will beat LSU? If you can't see how this stat is not pertinent I have nothing to tell you. You are to dumb to actually reason with.

Advertisement
No. It is not relevant to the discussion that YOU where having. You and Thomas where talking about Richt doing well on opening day and then you brought up this ridiculous stat.

Reread what you just wrote...slowly.

We were discussing Richt’s performance on opening day. I cited his record in opening day games.

Do you have some sort of documented mental illness I should be aware of? It just seems unfair at this point. I don’t want to go to **** for picking on the handicapped or be charged with a hate crime.

Reread what you just wrote...slowly.

We were discussing Richt’s performance on opening day. I cited his record in opening day games.

Do you have some sort of documented mental illness I should be aware of? It just seems unfair at this point. I don’t want to go to **** for picking on the handicapped or be charged with a hate crime.

If it isn't the pot calling the kettle black. You are the one that is coming off as retarded. Is LSU a FCS team? No. Is LSU a G5 team? No. Then why would you bring up a stat based off of those teams? Even the worst coaches in the league generally beat those teams. Just admit that you forgot that it is very common for teams to play cupcakes on opening day so you forgot the stat you posted was useless. It was an honest mistake for a ****** like yourself. Even Golden only has 1 G5 loss at a P5 school.

If it isn't the pot calling the kettle black. You are the one that is coming off as retarded. Is LSU a FCS team? No. Is LSU a G5 team? No. Then why would you bring up a stat based off of those teams?

Because I wasn’t discussing Richt’s record vs. the P5. I wasn’t discussing Richt’s record vs G5. And I wasn’t discussing his record vs the FCS.

We were discussing his record on opening day.

If you want to discuss his record vs the G5 or P5, start you a thread on that subject. But don’t wedge yourself into my discussion and tell me what is and is not relevant to it.

Because I wasn’t discussing Richt’s record vs. the P5. I wasn’t discussing Richt’s record vs G5. And I wasn’t discussing his record vs the FCS.

We were discussing his record on opening day.

If you want to discuss his record vs the G5 or P5, start you a thread on that subject. But don’t wedge yourself into my discussion and tell me what is and is not relevant to it.

You can discuss whatever you want, but when you are bringing up bull**** you will be called out on it. There are 2 possibilities. 1: you where trying to push a false narrative with that stat and hoped people would forget that most of the opening day games for UGA and Miami where cupcakes. 2: you where to stupid to remember that most of those games where cupcakes and just assumed the stat would be useful. Either way you are going to get called out on it. It doesn't take much skill to get a team ready to beat these cupcake teams. UGA and Miami could have beat those scrubs even without a coach. If Richt was 17-0 on week 2 games, but only played 17 FCS teams and next year we played Bama week 2. Would you bring up his week 2 record?

Advertisement
You can discuss whatever you want, but when you are bringing up bull**** you will be called out on it. There are 2 possibilities. 1: you where trying to push a false narrative with that stat and hoped people would forget that most of the opening day games for UGA and Miami where cupcakes. 2: you where to stupid to remember that most of those games where cupcakes and just assumed the stat would be useful. Either way you are going to get called out on it. It doesn't take much skill to get a team ready to beat these cupcake teams. UGA and Miami could have beat those scrubs even without a coach. If Richt was 17-0 on week 2 games, but only played 17 FCS teams and next year we played Bama week 2. Would you bring up his week 2 record?
The only narrative I pushed is that Mark Richt is 14-3 on opening day. That is literally all of my comment, and there is nothing false about it. Richt is 14-3 on opening day games. That’s neither false nor bull****.

If you want to present that his record on opening day is not as significant due to the level of competition in those games, fine. That’s a discussion that may be worth having. I personally don’t think it’s relevant considering we’re playing a team that lost handily to a Notre Dame team that we dominated, got run over by Troy, has one of the biggest Corches, and lost their top 4 rushers, and will be starting a QB with one fall camp under his belt. I’m not afraid of LSU at all. They’ve been circling the drain since Saban left. They actually remind me of us under Golden when we regularly had to worry about the Cincinnati’s of the world.

This is a silly comment to me. You can lay blame on Rosier for one loss LY, Pitt. Notwithstanding the defense letting a TF QB run wild.
So with, arguably, the same schedule he's going to regress?

The only narrative I pushed is that Mark Richt is 14-3 on opening day. That is literally all of my comment, and there is nothing false about it. Richt is 14-3 on opening day games. That’s neither false nor bull****.

If you want to present that his record on opening day is not as significant due to the level of competition in those games, fine. That’s a discussion that may be worth having. I personally don’t think it’s relevant considering we’re playing a team that lost handily to a Notre Dame team that we dominated, got run over by Troy, has one of the biggest Corches, and lost their top 4 rushers, and will be starting a QB with one fall camp under his belt. I’m not afraid of LSU at all. They’ve been circling the drain since Saban left. They actually remind me of us under Golden when we regularly had to worry about the Cincinnati’s of the world.

I agree with everything you said.

Advertisement
Nobody’s mentioning our running game? We have a great/improved bunch of backs that will play a major role this game. I know how we all want a “Lights out”, biggly passing game we have ever seen, but knowing MR’s cool demeanor, it’s going to be the running attack he’s going to try and establish. That is our strength vs their attrition-caused, perceived point of weakness. Rosier’s performance, is then a complement to the run.

LSU is going to be ready, nobody should be kidding themselves, and we’ll need to take advantage of their aggressiveness, and play smart.

Is all goes to plan, a more realistic score seems to be 24-21, the U.

Advertisement
Back