The Big 12 Saves College Football!!

Advertisement
I'm not sure I completely buy that the ACC is following the Big 12's lead.

Not sure if it is "following lead", but I thought SEC and/or ACC said they would play if a majority of leagues was playing.

If all of college football is only SEC-ACC, not sure if they will go through with it. Maybe. Hopefully. But (like recruiting) it's fluid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Big 10 Commish is going to end up being fired.
Who knows. It’s the college presidents that made the decision. Honestly, I think he was just a bystander. I have no idea what his own personal opinions are on the topic, or if he’s made any statements. Just haven’t followed it. But then I don’t follow the internal politics of the Big Ten bureaucratic structure at all.

On Wednesday morning, Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby held a teleconference to discuss the league’s Tuesday night decision to move forward and play games as the SEC and ACC both have decided to do. Simply put, medical advisors have not yet told the Big 12 that playing football this fall is not safe.

“Well, the biggest argument is that nobody has told us that it’s poorly advised to go forward and do what we are doing,” Bowlsby said. “If we get to the place where our doctors and scientists say, ‘You know what? You guys have got two wheels off the tracks and you’re headed for a train wreck,’ we will pivot that day. If it’s during camp, it’s during camp. If it’s during October, it’s during October. If it’s the week before our championship game, that’s what it is.”

“Making adjustments on the fly are going to be a part of this,” Bowlsby said. “But our medical professionals have said, ‘Go forward. Move slowly. Make small adjustments. Constantly be vigilant about changes in the environment.’ That’s what we’re listening to. And they have told us that it’s safe to move forward on that basis. When they tell us otherwise, we will be listening to that as well.”

Advertisement
Weren't they still denying the reactor had blown up at that point? 😂
Yep. "Tell the people to focus on their labor, and leave matters of the state to the state", or something like that. I recently rewatched it for probably the 3rd, maybe 4th time. Excellent series.

Yep. "Tell the people to focus on their labor, and leave matters of the state to the state", or something like that. I recently rewatched it for probably the 3rd, maybe 4th time. Excellent series.
Yes it was. I'll give them credit, they moved heaven and earth to fix it once they acknowledged what happened.

Advertisement
I’m so glad they didn’t fold
Half the conference was split, one half wanted a delay & the other half was unsure about playing...

You know who pushed it over the edge of continuing on? That's right, the two teams that run that conference Oklahoma & Texas. Their school presidents basically made the decision for the rest of the conference.

As the big dogs go, the rest of the litter will follow.

And what's interesting is Okla & Texas are the 2 schools that could actually survive without playing a season in the fall & it wouldn't effect them too badly financially, they have enough money where they could take the hit. But, they also realized that the smaller programs in conference could not. Programs like Kansas, K-State, Iowa St & West VA would be devastated financially if they didn't play, especially Kansas because their Basketball program actually makes more money than Football & they wouldn't be able to generate revenue from either.

Half the conference was split, one half wanted a delay & the other half was unsure about playing...

You know who pushed it over the edge of continuing on? That's right, the two teams that run that conference Oklahoma & Texas. Their school presidents basically made the decision for the rest of the conference.

As the big dogs go, the rest of the litter will follow.

And what's interesting is Okla & Texas are the 2 schools that could actually survive without playing a season in the fall & it wouldn't effect them too badly financially, they have enough money where they could take the hit. But, they also realized that the smaller programs in conference could not. Programs like Kansas, K-State, Iowa St & West VA would be devastated financially if they didn't play, especially Kansas because their Basketball program actually makes more money than Football & they wouldn't be able to generate revenue from either.
Always coming with the reality. You're a lone island in a sea of nonsense. Respect...

Advertisement
Back