SpikeUM

Head Meshuggah
Premium
1bee08980f98d0fb61bbabd996a7c7fa.250x188x31.gif
Great actor, loved him in Bosch

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ha, there aren’t a lot of heads exploding. Basically, the series focuses on a lot of different characters and their development. You get to see all of the different sides (police, street level guys, mid-level dealers, top players, their competitors, snitches, etc) for drug trafficking and all of their perspective views.

The first season sets everything up and gets the groundwork going. Season 2 was a struggle to watch because it goes a different direction from the first. If you can push through it, seasons 3-5 are great.
D39F8FBD-EB1A-4A8B-BD2D-6888A6918014.jpeg

Ha, there aren’t a lot of heads exploding. Basically, the series focuses on a lot of different characters and their development. You get to see all of the different sides (police, street level guys, mid-level dealers, top players, their competitors, snitches, etc) for drug trafficking and all of their perspective views.

The first season sets everything up and gets the groundwork going. Season 2 was a struggle to watch because it goes a different direction from the first. If you can push through it, seasons 3-5 are great.View attachment 170648
Each season breaks down different aspects of the B’more scene. Season 1 was all about the street stuff, season 2 was the docks and about how the drugs moved to the streets. Season 3 was back to the streets but with the focus of laundering the money. Season 4 was about the kids and season 5 was about the media coverage.

Advertisement
I don’t know how we got on The Wire but yeah season 4 was amazing TV with the kids. Season 1 sucks but they had to lay the ground work. Favorite episode in season 1 is definitely the basketball game
One of the greatest all time TV dramas in history. So many memorable characters, realism, flaws, deep lessons, emotional character development.

Advertisement
Season 2 was the worse season of The Wire, but that’s The Wire. Season 2 of The Wire is better than 90% of the shows on TV right now and the last 15 years.
Season 2 > Season 5

The fake serial killer angle just didn't make sense to me. Then the newspaper arc fell short as well. Felt like they rushed the ending. Then the way Omar went out was garbage.

I'm watching it in spots now stuck on season one. Nothing is happening it's super slow pace. Do I have to wait for heads to explode?
It’s story telling and character development. A lot of it comes full circle. Best show IMO. Give it time. Omar, one of the best characters ever created. I understand it can be outdated with beepers and pay phones and all. I’m originally from Opa-Locka in Miami. So all the open air drug markets is very relatable to me. Especially back in the 80’s and 90’s.

Seasons in order (from best to worst) 3,4,1,5,2

The wire is one of the best TV shows ever created. Season 1 can be a drag but, Trust me, it lays important ground work.

Now back to the topic at hand, if Mario can get a NV kid, who's never even mentioned UM and really only been considering us for a few weeks, to commit, I'll be more than impressed.

Advertisement
Back