The BEST RB on the team...

Advertisement
They are pretty mid objectively. Whether that is due to TVD, Mannibro, or Dawson is debatable.

Objectively I am talking about their talent level. We are not FSU, but I believe as a group we have a top 20 WR group right now and maybe even a little better. Our top 3 are just fine, and although B.Smith is grossly underused…He and Horton at #4/#5 a lot of teams would kill for.

We have a QB who has completely disappeared (No I would not say CMC/Dawson is without fault in this at all, because he is) but it is overwhelmingly TVD. Night and day. Laser show vs. TAMU to unplayable.

Objectively I am talking about their talent level. We are not FSU, but I believe as a group we have a top 20 WR group right now and maybe even a little better. Our top 3 are just fine, and although B.Smith is grossly underused…He and Horton at #4/#5 a lot of times would kill for.

We have a QB who has completely disappeared (No I would not say CMC/Dawson is without fault in this at all, because he is) but it is overwhelmingly TVD. Night and day. Laser show vs. TAMU to unplayable.
Top 20 is mid.

Advertisement
Disagree. I actually think all the top 3 will play in the league. (Only Young likely has a chance to be anything above a 5th-7th rounder), but imo WR is clearly not a problem right now.
We just seen Rambo light the acc up and go undrafted

Restrepo has everything u want in a football player but is a very mid talent. Young and jacolby solid but not nfl caliber at all imo

They aren't the problem, but they definitely aren't the solution.

There are much much bigger things that need SOLVED before WR is even worried about.

Even if you say WR play is a b+, or it sounds like you may lean more towards a B…Quarterback isn't even gradable right now, it's that bad. We basically don't have QB play

Advertisement
We just seen Rambo light the acc up and go undrafted

Restrepo has everything u want in a football player but is a very mid talent. Young and jacolby solid but not nfl caliber at all imo

I'm not worried about who lit what up, although it was a mild surprise to me that Rambo couldn't sneak in the late rounds, I'll admit that. Young has past the solid stage and is now very good right imo. Does have to clean up the occasional drop.

I'm not worried about who lit what up, although it was a mild surprise to me that Rambo couldn't sneak in the 7th round. Young has past the solid stage and is now very good right now. Does have to clean up the occasional drop.
Agree to disagree lol

9th Game Update & Observations:
- Fletcher became our 4y RB to start a game, and he delivered with a 100 yd game
- Parrish & Chaney were barely used. It'll be interesting to see if that continues moving forward. Not sure if they're still banged up, or if Fletcher is now just our workhorse
- IMO Fletcher probably played the best game of any RB all year
- The next step in Fletcher's progression to make a leap is to improve his open field running, and he can be really good if he does.
- Fletcher needs to stay moving forward, use his momentum to maintain his power and use stiff arms. No more hit the brakes. No more D'Andre Swift dead legs. No more drunk uncles. Run forward with purpose.
- RB's now have 170 runs vs P5 this year and only 2 runs over 20 yds. 0 30+ yd runs. We're approaching least explosive Miami backfield ever territory.
- I'm in the minority here - but I don't think benching TVD is the solution (I totally understand the calls for him to be benched though). But a good running game will be huge in helping Emory or Jacurri if they play.

View attachment 265281

Chris Johnson has two over 20 in 11 total runs! One was a TD and one he ran out of bounds at the end of the Temple game. If it was a close game, he likely cuts that back to the field and may have broken it for 30+. Understand that it was non-P5 but you have to see if he can translate it to P5 games. Give him 5 carries a game and see if he can get 1 long run a game. Just like Smith should get 10 touches a game.

Advertisement
Agree to disagree lol
I agree that we don't have any NFL types in that room as of now. Young needs more touches in the redzone. His performance in the RZ is better than anyone on the team and IF his stats continued at that clip with a ton more opportunities he would make an NFL team.

I'm not worried about who lit what up, although it was a mild surprise to me that Rambo couldn't sneak in the late rounds, I'll admit that. Young has past the solid stage and is now very good right imo. Does have to clean up the occasional drop.
I was probably the biggest Young fan on CIS. He has 4 games under 50 yards and 0 games above 100 yards. He has not been VERY good.

I was probably the biggest Young fan on CIS. He has 4 games under 50 yards and 0 games above 100 yards. He has not been VERY good.

And I don't believe any of that is his fault…So yes I believe on an ability/talent level, he is very good. Again he can't help the disappearance of QB play.

His play on the field, and his ability to make Clemson dbs look like children is what I'm focusing on. It wasn't his fault he had an 18 year old in his first start throwing him the ball (and yes I know there was a 50/50 deep ball he didn't hang on to, but it was also an excellent play by a good DB) , and it certainly isn't his fault he has Macky Sasser as his QB right now.

Advertisement
Chris Johnson has two over 20 in 11 total runs! One was a TD and one he ran out of bounds at the end of the Temple game. If it was a close game, he likely cuts that back to the field and may have broken it for 30+. Understand that it was non-P5 but you have to see if he can translate it to P5 games. Give him 5 carries a game and see if he can get 1 long run a game. Just like Smith should get 10 touches a game.

I agree…And at this time if they are still worried obsessed with keeping this kid or Emory Williams redshirt, that is truly some dumb ****.

And I don't believe any of that is his fault…So yes I believe on an ability/talent level, he is very good. Again he can't help the disappearance of QB play.
That is possible but he hasn't always made the most of the limited opportunities he gets. I will admit Idk where blame goes for that with so many potential culprits.

That is possible but he hasn't always made the most of the limited opportunities he gets. I will admit Idk where blame goes for that with so many potential culprits.

His drops have to be cleaned up…My point is, he looks like an NFL Wr to me…And not just measurable, with his play on the field. Even his speed doesn't look to be a prob anymore, he is now a big/fast WR, not just a big WR.

Advertisement
Back