The BEST RB on the team...

9th Game Update & Observations:
- Fletcher became our 4y RB to start a game, and he delivered with a 100 yd game
- Parrish & Chaney were barely used. It'll be interesting to see if that continues moving forward. Not sure if they're still banged up, or if Fletcher is now just our workhorse
- IMO Fletcher probably played the best game of any RB all year
- The next step in Fletcher's progression to make a leap is to improve his open field running, and he can be really good if he does.
- Fletcher needs to stay moving forward, use his momentum to maintain his power and use stiff arms. No more hit the brakes. No more D'Andre Swift dead legs. No more drunk uncles. Run forward with purpose.
- RB's now have 170 runs vs P5 this year and only 2 runs over 20 yds. 0 30+ yd runs. We're approaching least explosive Miami backfield ever territory.
- I'm in the minority here - but I don't think benching TVD is the solution (I totally understand the calls for him to be benched though). But a good running game will be huge in helping Emory or Jacurri if they play.

View attachment 265281
Only having 2 runs over 20 yards seems like a cruel joke. I can't believe in 5(edit) games with close to 200 attempts that's all we've mustered up.

Last edited:
Advertisement
- Fletcher became our 4y RB to start a game, and he delivered with a 100 yd game
- Parrish & Chaney were barely used. It'll be interesting to see if that continues moving forward. Not sure if they're still banged up, or if Fletcher is now just our workhorse
- The next step in Fletcher's progression to make a leap is to improve his open field running, and he can be really good if he does.
- Fletcher needs to stay moving forward, use his momentum to maintain his power and use stiff arms. No more hit the brakes. No more D'Andre Swift dead legs. No more drunk uncles. Run forward with purpose.
- RB's now have 170 runs vs P5 this year and only 2 runs over 20 yds. 0 30+ yd runs. We're approaching least explosive Miami backfield ever territory.
- I'm in the minority here - but I don't think benching TVD is the solution (I totally understand the calls for him to be benched though). But a good running game will be huge in helping Emory or Jacurri if they play.

View attachment 265281
I been mentioning it for awhile and now see the numbers to back it up... GRIIIIIIINDING is not how you win football games in 2023, EVERY coach talks about explosive plays in the offensive game nowdays, they track it for a reason from college to NFL. 2 runs over 20 yards is kinda mind boggling. Can we win by nickle and dime down field? Literally one negative play kills our drives because we are cloud of dust offense.

Also I like Fletcher and see value in him getting carries, especially late in games when its winning time if you believe in pass to score, run to win mantra, but I dont see the point in having a stable of backs and only feeding one guy. We are on pace if everyone comes back and recruiting holds up to have 9 backs next season, why recruit soooo many backs to only run one guy.

Explosive plays don't take enough time off the clock. The goal is to milk as much time of possession as possible, not actually score points.
Couldve sworn I heard Mario say its not about the score, its about pushing the pile on his hurricane show.. :jordan: :ibis-roflmao-sm3: :pgdead:

We are getting close to Randy levels of comedy

Advertisement
I remember people saying we had 4 elite backs, lol.

Share the same thoughts as many. Our RB room is “good”, but leaves so much opportunity out there. That stat about the lack of explosive runs is sobering. In 2024 it needs to be the Fletcher and CJJ show. I liked what I saw from Fletcher last week. His open field running is eh but he has better quicks than I thought and he is a tough SOB.

**Forgot about Citizen, but don’t know what we have with him yet.

I remember people saying we had 4 elite backs, lol.

Share the same thoughts as many. Our RB room is “good”, but leaves so much opportunity out there. That stat about the lack of explosive runs is sobering. In 2024 it needs to be the Fletcher and CJJ show. I liked what I saw from Fletcher last week. His open field running is eh but he has better quicks than I thought and he is a tough SOB.
Agree

Curious what Citizen has and if he sticks around for 2024.

We will have attrition

I know Trevonte was supposed to be the home run hitter. Did injuries derail that at this stage.

Advertisement
You're right. Parrish is just slow. I don't know if Chaney is slow, but he's definitely not fast. Fletcher isn't going to add much here either.

We'll probably have 1-2 games with big runs, but for the most part we're just an solid/efficient "small chunk" get what the OL gives you type running attack.

Don't mean to pick on Parrish here, I can do this with any RB this year - but below just happens to be a run at the start of the game that stood out to me.

Parrish makes a GREAT move at the LOS to make the first defender miss. But he just never has much juice coming out of his 1st cut.

This is something that Homer would house (or at least get 30+ yds out of)

Since Parrish doesn't have speed, the DL catches him & since he doesn't have size, he can be taken down with an arm tackle pretty easy. The Safety doesn't even have to come off his line, just runs parallel to the 50.

View attachment 261019

That's damming.

1 is literally backpedaling and on his heels yet gets back to him prior to Parrish making 8 yards.

That is absolutely ridiculous. Did he stumble or something?

All 4 of these RBs have EACH left 1-2 TDs on the field by falling down, tripping, running into the backs of O linemen, or going down by some D linemans fingers.

They have no ability to stay up and have very average vision.

Also, they have to run through crowded boxes, and we seemed to abandon pinning and pulling after Texas A&M.

Only having 2 runs over 20 yards seems like a cruel joke. I can't believe in 9 games with close to 300 attempts that's all we've mustered up.

It is, but we're also seeing LB'ers just sitting there waiting on the back, play after play. They know we've abandoned the center of the field and don't even bother f'ing with our TE if he runs a route.

You're right though, you'd think we would just have to luck into one. Not only are they not very explosive, they're not elusive either.

Advertisement

View attachment 265281
Brashard smith was in at rb on his 80 yard run.

Advertisement
Only having 2 runs over 20 yards seems like a cruel joke. I can't believe in 9 games with close to 300 attempts that's all we've mustered up.
Bruh i think tvd got our 2nd or 3rd longest run this year.. **** is pathetic lol

Tvd has two of our three long runs this year. Raise your hand if you thought that was possible

I believe he has one of them. Not two. He has a 10 yard run and a 37 yard run on the year. Only two double digit gains.

I remember the fan base bashing cam harris, he was mediocre but even he broke a few big runs here lol..

Our current skill positions might be the middest they have ever been

I wouldn't say that at WR. We have a good WR group.

Advertisement
Back