The BEST RB on the team...

Advertisement

ELITE SPEED

ELITE AGILITY

ELITE VISION

🔥🔥🔥

Ran a 10.25 & 10.45 in the 100m at States back in April-May of this year, as well as a 20.40.

That kind of Speed is what the Old Miami of the Glory years was built on!

Get this kid some reps against Temple & GTech; throwing him a Wheel route or HB Tunnel Screen is instant Offense & an explosive play waiting to happen.

He can be a real weapon down the line as a change of pace back in this Offense.

If dude is the best RB, why isn't he play more!?!?!?!?

I think it's the way Parrish runs. look there is a reason last year the staff felt citizen would eventually start and the same with fletcher this year. its just injuries got to them.
When did they say that? Link?

7th Game Update & Observations:
RB's played pretty well again - but this was a big victory for the OL. We won in the trenches.
Nice to see Brashard Smith what a RB with speed can do, huh? His 80 yd run was our longest since 2018.
I doubt anyone thinks Smith is great in pass pro, right? So can we please lighten up on the "if you can't pass protect you won't see the field" narrative?
After 2 weeks of bad luck fumbles (Parrish & Chaney) it was nice to see 2 go our way on back to back plays (Will Shipley & Brashard Smith).

Hats off to Chaney & Allen. While the OL deservedly should get a lot of the credit, the RB's still made these plays (all in the 2nd Half):

- 4th & 1 - Chaney 11 yd run
- 3rd & 1 - Chaney 4 yd run
- 3rd & 2 - Chaney 4 yd run
- 3rd & 4 - Chaney 13 yd run
- 3rd & 2 - Allen 5 yd run
- OT - Allen 3 yd TD run & 2 pt conversion

While the stats weren't pretty - running physical & picking up those 1st Downs were HUGE vs Clemson. The RB's were big when they needed to be.

1698250551337.png

Advertisement
7th Game Update & Observations:
RB's played pretty well again - but this was a big victory for the OL. We won in the trenches.
Nice to see Brashard Smith what a RB with speed can do, huh? His 80 yd run was our longest since 2018.
I doubt anyone thinks Smith is great in pass pro, right? So can we please lighten up on the "if you can't pass protect you won't see the field" narrative?
After 2 weeks of bad luck fumbles (Parrish & Chaney) it was nice to see 2 go our way on back to back plays (Will Shipley & Brashard Smith).

Hats off to Chaney & Allen. While the OL deservedly should get a lot of the credit, the RB's still made these plays (all in the 2nd Half):

- 4th & 1 - Chaney 11 yd run
- 3rd & 1 - Chaney 4 yd run
- 3rd & 2 - Chaney 4 yd run
- 3rd & 4 - Chaney 13 yd run
- 3rd & 2 - Allen 5 yd run
- OT - Allen 3 yd TD run & 2 pt conversion

While the stats weren't pretty - running physical & picking up those 1st Downs were HUGE vs Clemson. The RB's were big when they needed to be.

View attachment 262865
Good stuff

Don’t need to delve in to the stats but those last two runs by Allen were HUGE

Advertisement
Advertisement
8th Game Update & Observations:
OL continues to kill it, and RB's continue to be "just good enough" to pull out another close game.
Fletcher will get the glory for the final run, but I thought Ajay Allen was the better RB before getting hurt.
But Parrish, Chaney, Allen, Fletcher feel like pretty interchangeable RB's right now. They just have different styles of achieving similar results.
I was hoping we'd have at least 1 RB average 5 ypc vs P5 teams. That's a very attainable goal. That doesn't look likely at this point.
OL has been crossed off as an excuse, so blame has shifted to play calling & stacked boxes. I couldn't have seen that one coming....

5 P5 games in & the results below are why I say every year "You can't judge our RB's by what they do vs. Non-P5 teams". Non-P5 means almost nothing.

1698930132401.png

Here's our depth chart by week. I don't think depth/injuries have been an issue because we've had at least 2 of our Top 4 RB's available every week.

1698930584010.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back